DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ugh

Red2111

ugh... you know the saying "When it rains, it pours" well that's happened to me since i got back off vacation....  i've been trying to get on here since Monday to let you guys know as well....

1- my car is having problems. her air condition seems to be going bad and she needs new back breaks as wel as a ew other things (all totalling around $600, not counting the A/C)

2- my house is a disaster.... (easily fixed but i wanted to girl about that lol)

3- my dogs had fleas, because we left hem with Bubba's parents whiel we were gone. Chucy had a reaction tothe shampoo and has been doing nothing but itching, so he's on two teaspoons of benadryl right now. he's not itching as bad as yesturday, but stillis itching and a trip to the vet looks very possible tomorrow...  (infact he now has an appointment...)

4- one of the most important things... my computer has been hacked and i have spyware, maleware, a few Win32 viruses and possibly a worm or so in my computer. about a month ago, i was stupid and downloaded a game off the net (no Michael, not that pokemon thingy) it's a game called 'Rodents Revenge' and is actualy a rather fun game, i played it years ago and have been trying to find it on the net ever since.

well the apllication i DLed worked fine for about a week. then i tried to play it one day and it wouldn't load. thinking nothing of it, i go to remove it and when i do a search on my computer for the uninstall thingy my computer comes up with nothing and the application on my desktop disappears.

then my Macafee pops up and tells me a gateway computer has accessed my computer.

i come back from vacation and everything in my computer is out of wack concerning the interenet. Opra wont even load and IE is on the fritz. it's taken two days of tinkering and exhustive work on my computer to even log in and write the two messages i did today.

first, IE wouldn't let me go to any of my bookmarked pages. then it would let me go, but not log in. now my keyboard is acting funny as well, not spacing when i hit the space bar the first time or ommiting a letter every so often.

also, i keep commingup wth a 'syntax error' when i first load IE. it says in the bottom left hand corner that the page is done but with errors. also, i keep getting random windows popping up (even when i don't have my browse open) for sites i've never even heard of before (wtf is fubar anyways.....) and my computer is acting very sluggish. i have Digital Cable, and it's moving at DSL speed....

i have Macafee Total Protection on my computer right now, and whatever it is is continually bypassing it completely. i do a Scan or click upgradesand Macafee comes up with nothing.

so i downloaded Zone Alarm, and it's been a little better but still isn't finding the real threat or cause. though it has allowed me to do more than before.

whatever this is, i think i'm going to haveo eventually reformate my entire unit *groans* when ZoneAlarm dos a scan for Spyware under Scan Details: Current Data it says stuff like Win32.Trojan Win32.wi.Worm Win32.Backdoor Win32.Maleware Win32.Downloader ect....

Macafee is also saying there are listening agents at a bunch of different ports on my CPU and Zone Alarm keeps blockign a ping on differet ports on my computer rom 3 or 4 constant IP addresses.

if you guys have any suggestions then please let me know. i'll check in when i can.... but i have no idea if i'll beable to even start up my computer tomorrow....

Guest nephitess

OMG... Hunni that is terrible. I think you should follow Kara's suggestion and check out that website. *nods*

Good luck darnlin'

When I find a major problem with my comp, I go and get all the latest updates from my Anti-* programs, then disconnect the computer from the internet, reboot the comp and run the scanners. That can usually clear up a lot of the issues. Or at least a lot of the minor ones.

Oh, and I thought McAfee was just antivirus software, it's not a firewall. Does that mean you had no firewall the entire time?

• 2 weeks later...

*points at the box the software came in*  says it has a firewall!!  *glares at Macafee*  must complain to them about false advertising if this is the case *nods*

i'll write down the addy and try to get to it when i get home.  i'll have to re-hook up my PC, but it might be worth the effort :)  tankies all

EUIRKA!!!!!!!!!!!!  <-- great show btw lmao

its fixed!!!!  ...finally :-\  lmao

after much procrastination, on my part, and hoping the problem would just fix itself, i finally got off my rather lazy butt and took matters into my own hands.

i restred the PC to the original factory settings and

*POOF* 

problems seem to be gone and all is working like new.

not only did i learn how to do this for furture problems that i'm more than sure will happen, but i have saved myself pennies!! 

yes...

many many, very shinny, pennies!!!  which we all know can be used to buy candy....

LOTS OF CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!

*snickers*

• 2 weeks later...

Archived