DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand And Elaida

He shows himself as the larger power, since it now seems that he deigned to make the bondings "fair".

This makes sense to me, but note that the Hall (or is it just Romanda) are irritated mostly by the idea that it puts the Asha'man and the Aes Sedai equal, and as noted above, the Aes Sedai aren't keen on that.

On the other hand, IIRC, at one point Rand (actually Lews Therin at that point) calls an Aes Sedai ``little sister'': it is observed in the passage that before the breaking a male Aes Sedai would have called a female Aes Sedai that. I don't recall where this is from, tho', can anyone supply the cite? That would suggest the opposite prevailing in the AoL.

I thought the "little sister" reference was from an Ogier.

Rand did send Mat to help though it was originally intended to retrieve Elayne and helping Egwene was more of an afterthought.  "just get Elayne, and while you're there see if you can help Egwene, I suspect she's in an uncomfortable position right now" (ish, paraphrase).

Rand has sent nothing to the White Tower either in support or feigning support.  He delayed the Aes Sedai from the Tower until they just kidnapped him, but aside from that he hasn't exactly said "I haven't decided who to support yet."  His support goes to Egwene as Amyrlin.

He called Moraine "little sister" in tSR.  In AoL the women AS were sisters and men AS brothers.  Ish made a comment to LTT about "to bad none of your sisters are here to give you healing."

I took the "little" part to be LTT and the forsakens' view of modern AS, and that's half trained or untrained children. 

Archived