DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football: EURO 2008

Majsju

Regarding Russia, they had two (or possibly three) players suspended due to bookings against Netherlands. Not on key players, but it is still quite a disturbance for the team.

On the other hand, Spain might still be shocked having survived a quarter final, and actually won a penalty shootout.

And Turkey beat Croatia, who in the group outplayed Germany. But now Turkey have about 1/3 of the squad either injured or suspended. There are even talks about having to use the third keeper as a striker...

Insert Quote

And Belgium has to defeat TWO semi finalists to reach South Africa

And Finland has the other two... And what is worst, now it is for Finland to stop Russia from winning the WC. It is a responsibility, but thankfully Germany doesn't look like they can score much in regular play.

I Believe Turkey will win against Germany despite their deficit in players, but lose to either Spain or Russia.

Insert Quote

And Belgium has to defeat TWO semi finalists to reach South Africa

And Finland has the other two... And what is worst, now it is for Finland to stop Russia from winning the WC. It is a responsibility, but thankfully Germany doesn't look like they can score much in regular play.

I Believe Turkey will win against Germany despite their deficit in players, but lose to either Spain or Russia.

I hope you get the two finalists :D

So I have a question for all you experts out there.  Was Italy warranted in firing their coach?  I am an absolute sports nut but usually hate this time of year.  Even though it's unAmerican, I hate baseball and so this time of year is usually the worst time for me.  Nothing worth watching other than the occasional track meet.  I started watching the Euro's and it's the first time I've ever really watched soccer and I've really enjoyed it.  I especially enjoyed watching the Italy/Spain match.  Anyway, I just heard that Italy fired the coach and it didn't sound like he had too bad a record and they did make it to the quarters, so I was wondering if there was more behind this than expecations of a coach.

Not warranted at all. Donadoni did what could be expected from the team, with all the injuries and so. But, firing the coach is a popular solution in southern Europe. And Donadoni was quite easy to fire, since he has never really achieved anything. Unlike Lippi, who now takes charge.

So far, I can only see two coaches that deserves getting fired, Domenech from France and Lagerbäck from Sweden.

I agree, from the games I saw, Spain was clearly the dominate team.

What do teams win for the Euro Tournement? Is it tied up with the Olympics or the World Cup? Or is it simply an international competition on its own?

Archived