DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

verin killed Asmo?

eadeath

The reason i thought of this was, There are many arguments that Verin might be a darkfriend. Even if she isnt, she does talk to a lot of them and seem to know a lot about everything, She has probably been around a while. Chances are that Asmo did in fact know of her or is able to recognise her.

The questions i have though are,

-Was she strong enough in the one power to kill Asmo quickly?

-What would her motive be? maybe a hitwoman for a forsaken?

-She did study dreaming like you said, but is she able to jump in and out like slayer? can she travel through it?

- and does anyone remember where in the world she was when asmo got dusted?

She is very mysterious so not too much is known about her.

RJ said that most of the emails and letters he recieved are not correct about who killed Asmo, so chances are its not lanfear, Graendal, or slayer.

I may have missed something and be way way off, but thats why im posting this here, for my friends who know far more than me to give me input :)

Verin has at least one point of view chapter. Doesn't come across as a Darkfriend.

Could...she's at least moderately strong for an Aes Sedai, has an angreal and knows lots of things. No link between her and Asmo, probably couldn't take Asmo without Avienda noticing. Case closed for me.

Asmodean had little more strength in the Power than required to lift a goblet. Any full sister and probably most Accepted could manhandle him with ease. Certainly Verin could, even without her angreal.

But why? She's no Darkfriend (we have a lot of POVs from her that indicate quite the opposite, and if she is, she is an Elzaish Darkfriend who wants Rand to survive until Tarmon Gai'don, which doesn't explain killing his mentor). There's no indication she was in Caemlyn at the time, or even Tel'Aran'Rhiod. There is... nothing, at all, even slightly hinting that she was the one to do it.

Moridin killed Asmodean, and then took on the guise of Mazrim Taim, with the intention of placing a more reliable (by Shadow standards) mentor by Rand's side. Asmodean recognized Moridin because of the saa. That's the only reasonable explanation for me.

Verin did not kill Asmo. She was in the TR. We have no evidence she was anywhere else, and no evidence she has access to Travelling, Skimming, T'A'R, or anything else that would be needed to put her in the right place at the right time. She is not a DF, she is still bound by the Three Oaths (we have no clear cut evidence to the contrary). We haver no reason to suppose Asmo would recognise her. We don't know how strong Asmo was at the time, nor how strong he would be in relation to Verin. As for what RJ said about most of the letters and emails he gets on the subject being wrong, ask yourself (or the board) this question: when did he say that and who was popular at the time? From what I've heard from people who have been around much longer than me it was RJ saying that that made people take a look at Graendal when previously she'd just been dismissed for the most part.

Moridin killed Asmodean, and then took on the guise of Mazrim Taim, with the intention of placing a more reliable (by Shadow standards) mentor by Rand's side. Asmodean recognized Moridin because of the saa. That's the only reasonable explanation for me.
Asmo wouldn't have recognised Moridin. The saa weren't there automatically, they came after some time. Moridin wasn't introduced until the next book and we're supposed to be able to work out the killer as of the end of TFoH. Doesn't work.

Also, I suppose I should probably direct you to the existing Asmo threads. They are there for a reason.

Archived