DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

just a great Flaming day[edit]

excuse the bad tittle but im not in the best of moods today.

it seems adobe flash player is having fun. my WoW account got hacked and i've been trying to sort my computer out alllll day.

so i might not be about for a few days trying to make sure my computer is clean. hope your all ok and im gonna miss you all :(

I HATE KEYLOGGERS

all ads must be destroyed join me in the fight of the ad killers

*hugs* I'm sorry you're having a bad day. I really do hope things perk up soon.

Would you mind editing the title though hun? I know you blanked it out but it still isn't really suitable for a public forum. I really do hope you feel better soon though!

AVG has free editions of its anti-virus, anti-spyware, and (I think still) anti-rootkit software for home users to keep such things off their computers.

http://free.grisoft.com

There's also good anti-spyware software out there like Safer Networking's Spybot Search & Destroy and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/

http://www.lavasoft.com/

Ad-Aware is both safe and free.

I've been a big fan of Ad-Aware for years and have used it as my primary program for cleaning spyware off computers.

I had some issues with their 2007 version, especially on Vista, but they've released a Version 2008 now and I'll be looking into that one soon to see if they've fixed up the glitches.

That said, AVG incorporates Anti-Spyware into their Anti-Virus with version 8.0, even in the free edition, so you should be pretty much covered with AVG.

As for software firewalls, I haven't looked much into them lately, trusting in hardware firewalls and routers to keep intrusions down, but I used to be a big fan of ZoneAlarm. It would let you know immediately when any unauthorized program on your computer tried to connect to something on the internet, and vice-versa, which would totally stop undetected call-home trojan horses and spyware programs in their tracks.

It took a couple of days of clicking "It is safe to trust this program" to configure ZoneAlarm for the many internet-enabled software programs on your computer, but once it was settled in, you were totally protected.

If they're still around, they're probably a good choice for a free firewall.

Aww that sucks Lews... but I agree with Shendare... you can't do better than Zonealarm for a free firewall, it's one of the best. Ad-aware is one that I use too. Between those, AVG and Spybot SD, you should be sorted.  ;)

klkl, yes i have avg, norton now. spybot search & destroy and i havent found the 'free download' link for zonealarm yet.

been running scans every few hours  and it seems like my computer is clean.

hopefully i wont be off for 2 long

Archived