DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So I stared down an Emperor today...

My school does something called "Exhibition Night" periodically. Its a night to show off all the learning we've done for the term and and boost confidence in our unique programs.

My sixth graders are studying the Renaissance and Reformation right now. As part of our studies, I assigned them each a historic character from that time period that they had to research. For Exhibition Night, they had to come up with a costume, food and write a paper describing their person. Two of my boys were assigned Henry VIII and Charles V & I.

Today while we were setting up, those two insisted that they didn't HAVE to help pick up the classroom, because they were a king and emperor, respectively. I just put my hands on my hips, looked at them with my best Teacher Glare and said. "That's very nice, but I'm the Amyrlin Seat, and you WILL pick up the classroom."

No further explanation was needed, they know vaguely what I do online, if not exactly where or what.

Oh and our Exhibition went very well tonight. Apparently several parents were commenting that our sixth graders had done "college level work" with our Socratic Seminar procedure a few months ago. Nice.

i have to say it mother, the teachers of this world

are superheros. most every child who has sat in a classroom has the one special teacher that they connected with and will remember for life. on the down side there are always those kids that you just can't get through too and their parents will not be bothered to suport the teachers. for all that you do and for all that you put up with i can only say how special teachers are

Yeah, it does seem amazing to me that teachers aren't given more respect and support by our government. I mean really, teachers have the ability to corrupt the youth with false information and such.

2+2=4

Wrong! 2+2=34. Put the dunce cap on, Roger.

Archived