DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Computer question

So this is going to  be a weird question but i'm hoping that someone who is smarter about computers then me can help. LOL I'm trying to play a game with a friend. It says that I can use his IP address to hook up to his computer and connect I suposse and play the game. Anyway every time I put the IP address his computer gives him it tells me that it "cannot connect to server." So we tried him connecting to my IP and it told him the same thing. I know doing this kind of thing works because my brother has connected before and played a two player game with a friend of his but neither of us can figure out what we are doing wrong...anyone got any ideas? LOL

Mmm, sounds like some lovely Diablito to me <3

Hrm... might have to do with your firewall, if you have one.  Whatever the game is, you might want to find out what port it goes out on, and arrange for that port to be open so you can connect/they can connect.

Or something.

Wow how did you know it was Diablo Raeyn? LOL *falls over giggling* Hmmmm I don't know what to do if its the firewall. *is totally not a computer geek*

*pats Verbal* Hello stalker. *laughs* Maybe I should change my avatar....nah I like it to much. *laughs again*

My bf says that with Diablo you have to be on the same local network, as it doesn't work across the net. However both of you can download a program called Hamachi and create a little private network and that should work.

Hope that helps.

You can down load the file from here

Oh yeah.. Kara is right.  I think.  I kind of remember hosting games, though...

And 'cause I love me some Diablo, Rasheta.. need more people to play with ^__^

But as it were, it's not really that hard to set up a private game on Battlenet and adventure that way - just got to remember to log into your characters at least once every two months so they don't go away!

Diablo does allow for hosting games.  You're supposed to jsut put in the Host's IP address and connect. If you're unable to connect to his IP address, then likely it's something on his computer, such as a firewall, keeping your connection from getting through.  Like Rayn suggested, I'd find out what port Diablo uses, and then open that port temporarily in the firewall so you can connect.

Thanks guys it worked out well and we beat the stuffing out of Diablo last night *laughs* Now I feel like "oh man i'm done* LOL Since we dont' have the expantion we can't beat the stuffing out of his brother *laughs*

Raeyn I don't want to be a Novice again either which  is why I don't join tv.net either *laughs*

Archived