DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Music

bad company

I must say that  clowns do not scare me, but Juggalos cause livid sickness of hatred in my bones. It is known as 'dirty' music in my world. along with slipknot and mudvayne and other talentless gimicks of the mainstream propaganda entertainment coorporate phallic gluttony.

but if you want to take a step into a much larger world that you may have glimpsed via Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Wilco, Vines, Clint Mansel(Kronos Quartet) The Section, Deftones, Meshugga, tool, and other archtypes of genre building scenes, then take a look at the following list, and ill try to inform you on how you may be closely linked to the bands i mention.

The Section, if you don't know is a string quartet or sextet i don't remember which, and they perform covers in orchestral form of bands such as Incubus, The Mars Volta, Tool, Pink Floyd and many more, they have a domain website not just myspace.

If you like that sort of thing and would like to see what would happen under the same setting witha contemporary approach, The Books is an incredible two piece (i highly recomend youtube videos of them cause their live performances contain projected accompanying films) a college prof on cello and a youth geru on guitar and effects makes this book write itself right before your ears. Listening to this band is very much like audio viewing abbreviated sections of life.

If you like Deftones, then you should listen to Team Sleep. it is the side project of Chino of deftones and drummer of Hella(pioneers of indie music, and untouchably amazing live) Zak Hill, and is a little more aggressive and much  more technically satisfying version of Deftones without all the typical numetal nonsense lyrics and obnoxious drumming. If that tickles you but you want to see the light of day still, check out some more of Zak Hill's projects, like The Ladies, two piece with him and Rob Crowe of Pinback(yet another grand choice) and of course hella.

If you like Avenged Sevenfold, take a second to step back and really look at what they are. prepubessant horse ass clapping. if you like them then at least listen to something with lyrics that provide you with insight not just indulgance and gimick, like say FIght Paris, who are just as fun if not more so (they partied at my old apt and meeting them all was like meeting another smoker at the skate park, but they were all complete sluts who managed the most incredible myspace trail of shallow make up gucked 120 pound vagina, often under age) they are much more realistic rockstars and by no means look like secretly sniveling faggots.

If you want conviction, and have outgrown the dogma of your forefathers, and you like hard core music, and perhaps are familiar with the Dune chronicles, listen to Shai Hulud. I leave you with this quote 'And I know that the hate within passion with which i love, is a travesty'

converge: Vengence is love

converge is  a boston hard core band that has become  a cult movement and a tattoo universe. Jake banning ( the vocalist) is a world reknown artist of tattoos and posters, he does all their album art, and guitarist Kurt Ballou is one of the most sought after and recognized recording engineers in the world. the duo joined forces for SuperMachiner in '05 as well.

If you like climactic instrumental journey music that isn't electronic bullshit. listen to EArth, Suno))), Altar, Boris, Mono, Mouth of the Architect, Jesu, they will lead you to a whole new sanction of the electronic rave community, that revolves around band oriented music.

if you want to check out my own group, we're based out of boise, and we only have a myspace profile, i'm quite proud of it all but it is a very rare and specific style of music and if you aren't accustomed to the underground, you will feel like alic in wonderland quite literally. www.myspace.com/Jumentband.

you guessed it, the name is Jument. it means 'Beast of Burden'.

If you want to select some crazy music of your own preferance according to descriptions and etc, id recomend checking out the following record labels.

Hydrahead (company started by Isis frontman)

Exigent Records (salt lake city hardcore.)

Seven Trumpets (now promoting boise locals The Franklin Coverup)

and as for some of my personal favorites i havent mentioned yet:

Mare

31 Knots (features old drummer of Modest mouse)

Animosity

Shonberg

Into the Moat

Johanna Newsom (she sings folk songs while playing the harp, and it is like my version of the WOT soundtrack, to shayol gul with that official one by that band of forty year old drunks, it grosses me out really)

Devandra Banhart (quite possibly the most inspiring folk singer male of the past thirty years, he puts Conner Overs(Bright Eyes) to bed in the grave that elliot smith long since stabbed himself into, this man devandra is a walking living relic of the seventies, bearded and wise and pirate'esque)

The Decemberists, i will listen to long into my old age.

Dispatch is great perserverance music about a marley lifestyle and serving prison time. lots of sunsongs etc.

Have Heart

Down By One

Set it Straight

Knife the Glitter

Tetsuo

CAPSULE

GAZA

XUR

BOTCH

minus the bear

Husky Rescue

Refused

I could go on forever.

... sorry, i just realized how long that post really was, I tend to be longwinded, and plagued by tangents, which in spoken conversation often leaves me forgetting the original intentions behind said conversation. but when I'm writing, writing in chat or forum, I tend to include as much information about what im writing about as i can type in time to the realizations as they pip in.

Its also just very easy for me to talk in detail about music, Its my  life outside of fantasy, its really all i know besides books and is the only real social outlet in my life, and its my firm belief that music is the formulated manifestation of emotions communicated in feeling rather than language. in music, the message is conveyed in lyrical interpretation if there are any, body language, and moving sound waves. its a much more colorful part of life.

Archived