DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Dark One will fail

Darian

first the DO is too suspicious of even the forsakens to let them channel in his vicinity...(he probably hates Lanfear as much as he needs her, lanfear doesn't like anyone stronger than her) but i dont understand why he even restricted his own dark enery from the forsaken's use to only moridin....many of the forsakens may have escaped death if they had been able to use that dark enery like Semihrag for instance, or the spider.

My concern is this.  How strong is the DO.

The OP drives the wheel.  Based on what we know from the cleansing, the Choden kal allows Rand to channel all of saidin, albeit, not all at once, but over a matter of hours, he had gone the whoel ten yards, so to speak.  That's a massive amount of power.

The Dark one doesn't channel the OP and there's no evidence that He (It) even can. 

If it came to a straight up duel, Rand and the OP vs the Do and his TP,  such as we saw Ny vs Moggy or Rand va Asmo, (both in TSR) Can the CK allow Rand to channel enough of the Power to hold the DO at bay while his cronies demolish the DO's prison and build a new one.  All the while holding off the Chosen.

or, is there as much of the so called True Power as there is Saidin and Saidar combined.  In which case it would have been necessary for a linked pair to match or defeat the DO (as Lanfear indicated would be the case...We can hope she was lying to convince Rand he needed her) ) and the destruction on the female CK on Tremalking will be the impending Doom that has been spoken of.

or, since there is another  sa angreal attuned to the male half that was mentioned by Lanfear in TSR floating around out there, more powerful than Callandor but less than the CK... 

MAYBE, this item is found by Logain and that tips the balance and that is where his glory comes from.  That would be sweet.

Sorry if I hijacked you thread but this all just came to me as I was writing.

The OP drives the wheel.  Based on what we know from the cleansing, the Choden kal allows Rand to channel all of saidin, albeit, not all at once, but over a matter of hours, he had gone the whoel ten yards, so to speak.  That's a massive amount of power.

Rand did not channel all of Saidin during the cleansing. He channeled a lot, ture, but "only" enough to set the taint in motion.

Rand has to fight Saidin to make it do anything.  It doesn't just keep going if he stops fighting.  That is what Saidar would do, not Saidin, so I don't agree with that at all. 

He had to funnel Saidin through the conduit , didn't he?

Rand has three POV's in the last chapter. and if Saidin was just moving on it's own, he wouldn't react as he does, thinking he's screaming, hoping he can hold on.

No, he did it all.

He set the Taint in motion, which is sometyhing completely different than setting saidin in motion. Rand started to channel a huge amount of Saidin through the funnel, enough to set the taint in motion. Once the taint started to squeeze into the funnel, it was just a matter of pushing hard.

It is simply not possible to channel "all" of Saidin, since whatever you have used immidiatly returns back to the source. You did not see any male channelers complaining about not being able to draw as much Saidin as they are supposed to, right.

Well, it did require the evil of Shadar Logoth to get the Taint to draw the Taint off of Saidin.  Not that I disagree with what Majsju said, I just felt like a little bit of a nitpicking.

Archived