DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*2 Thumbs Up*

HotW Moiraine

This should be fixed now. It appears as if the network card glitched and was corrupting every third packet or so... This mean information going in and out of DM was being corrupted and it took extra time to work around it.

I restarted the server and it underwent an integrity check, everything seems good for now and I've got my eye on it. The downtime of 10 minutes was that integrity check, not a sign of impending failure. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a problem earlier, but it's been fixed.  In the future, if you have an issue, instead of insulting, try emailing the help desk or just, you know, being patient.

Works for most normal people.

Still excruciatingly slow for me

Yeah, I've noticed that when it stalls for me (about 50% of page views), the full page has actually loaded off the server (I can view the HTML source and see the whole page is there, from <html> to </html>), but nothing is displaying while the browser waits for other page components to load.

My guess is that one or more ad components is having sporadic issues, and because of the HTML Table-based layout used by the forum theme, the browser can't render the page until those components download. Often while the browser just sits there, the status bar says something like "Reading pagead2.googlesyndication.com..." or "Waiting for www.assoc-amazon.com...".

My guess also infers that refreshing the page makes the ad component choose a different ad, and if you get one that works that time, you see the page.  If it tries to load another that won't work, it hangs again, waiting for another refresh or until it gives up after a few minutes of waiting.

This, of course, is after the user has waited for the server to respond to the page request, which seems to take quite some time for some users at peak hours. I've waited nearly a minute for a page to start loading off the server before, then another couple of minutes if it doesn't feel like displaying right away once it loads. Needless to say, I've also gotten into the habit of opening several posts into different tabs and doing something else for a minute while they try to load.

*shrug* Hope it's something that can be fixed without too much trouble, but if not, hey, at least the pages load sometimes, and for that I'm appreciative.

you know what else works when the site's slow or down?  8)

going and doing something else for a couple hours.  :P

let's all take it easy, folks.  i reckon it'll be fixed shortly.  to those who are already doing so, you can ignore this statement.  ;D

let's all take it easy, folks.  i reckon it'll be fixed shortly.  to those who are already doing so, you can ignore this statement.  ;D

Spoken like the true Dude...

Fekk it Dude, lets go bowling!

Guest leebarr

Things are a little slow at times but it's always worth coming here. love dragonmount and if you do not leave and let those of us who are here enjoy it

Spoken like the true Dude...

Fekk it Dude, lets go bowling!

i'm there.  ;D

*laughs* no one is really making that big a fuss about it... not here anyways :) we're just letting people know what is going on so they can get ideas on how to fix it... :) but ascribing people to leave because they don't enjoy the boards being slow is counterproductive... especially seeing as how they are ofter MORE than slow and refuse to work at all, so then we go do something else as Dude says ;) But we like it here so it bothers us that it doesn't work a third of the time. :) don't go telling people to leave just for that, Lee... :-\

Archived