DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MOVIE]Metropolis remake planned

Emperor

Producer Thomas Schuehly ("Alexander") has acquired the remake rights to Fritz Lang's 1927 silent sci-fi classic "Metropolis" reports Variety.

Considered one of the most expensive films of its time, the movie is set in 2026 in a massive city-state characterized by its monumental skyscrapers and art-deco architecture.

The film depicts the class struggle between the wealthy society of planners and thinkers, who live in luxury high above the Earth, and the workers, who live underground, toiling to sustain the lives of the privileged.

Schuehly and Mario Kassar are currently in negotiations with a number of top directors to helm the pic, with a final decision expected in the next few months.

• Community Administrator

Metropolis is great. I loved the soundtrack!

The fact that you say that, shows that you have watched the movie...

Also, you love those ironic type pun joke things don't you Oz?

I hear in britan, saying to many puns, is a legal justification for murder.

The thing I remember most about Metropolis is the wild eyes when they are scared, and the way the crowd watches intently at the end.

Sure I like puns, but I reckon only about 10% of my puns work. However, I asked Caddy about my strikerate, and she is a harsh critic, about whether my puns made her laugh, she said no pun in ten did!!!  ;)

• Community Administrator

The thing I remember most about Metropolis is the wild eyes when they are scared, and the way the crowd watches intently at the end.

Sure I like puns, but I reckon only about 10% of my puns work. However, I asked Caddy about my strikerate, and she is a harsh critic, about whether my puns made her laugh, she said no pun in ten did!!!  ;)

The orginal was a silent film, so obviously they had to have exagerated facial movements to hyphonate what was going on. ;)

OF course, you wouldn't know anythin aboot that now would ya? ;)

FYI, silent film stars, ARE better actors 10 to 1 of todays 'actors'.

Though, i'm reminded of a 'family guy' sketch, invovling a 'silent film' star (peter griphons imaginary relative), who was quite famous until 'sound' came into the mix, then his 'stardum' dropped emensely, because his voice, sucked soo horribly.. (It was actually that studdering guy from Police Academy)

Anyways, one of the 'great' silent film actors, had a role where he played an Amputee, through out the 1.5 hour long movie, (+ how knows how many hours of footage) had his legs tied behind him, and his 'knees' shuved into buckets to give off the 'amputee' look. This guy took so much dedication to his acting role, he litterally had permanment leg damage from doing this. (Did I mention he pulled off the amputee 'movements' to a perfection?)

How many actors today, can you say, would put there limbs, looks on the line to make a role into perfection? Not many have that kind of dedication!

http://www.missinglinkclassichorror.co.uk/penalty2.jpg

The actor, was actually 5'-9" tall. (For those who don't understand, thats 5 feet, 9 inches, or about 175.26 cm tall.)

Thats, dedication.

"btw, that same actor, was in the phatom of the opera, and hunchback of notre dame."

*edit*

I mixed up the Sr. and the Jr., Sr. is 5'-9", Jr. is 6'-2" tall. Should be noted, that Jr. was cast in the remakes of Sr. 's roles, but ultimately got 'swiped' from him.

Archived