DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sanderson picked

Samuraiflip05

I was pleased with the news that A Memory of Light was to be completed, and also with the fact that Brandon Sanderson was the man to do this.

I bought Elantris, his debut novel, as soon as it was released with no reviews available for reference so I had no idea what to expect. But... After reading the first chapter, I was hooked. It is a brilliant debut novel, in fact in my opinion it is a brilliant novel whether it is a debut or fifth book. The idea was original, and he creates characters that people can relate with and grow to like.

I even commented that he had a similar writing style to RJ.

All in all, of all author's who's work I have read I think Harriet has picked the right man for the job and I wish him all the very best in what is a very, VERY difficult undertaking.

I believe he said in the article that he based his writing off of RJ's.  I also am pleased to hear that he was a fan of the series, having been a rereader almost since the beginning.  Reading the article reminded me of me.  I wished strongly to become a writer and still have an idea in my head....unfortunately I have dificulty putting pen to paper(Probably due to trying not to sound like anything else..lol).  I also liked the fact that Harriet will remain in charge and be the sole editor in the project.  2 years is a long time to wait, but, beauty can not be rushed...lol.

I definitely plan to read his works during 2008 so I can get an impression of his writing.

And if Harriet thinks he is up for the job, then I think we should get behind the man and give him our support.

Archived