DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand the Pitiful... why? *spoilers*

stoper

Back to the original point of the topic, yeah, Rand is in a sorry state. Physically he is a disaster, and he is so broken up mentally that he's hardly human anymore. Though I think he will be healed mentally, and though I hate to bring it up, I have faith in the bodyswap theory to erase Rand's physical weaknesses, and the mental one of LTT, as LTT was most likely brought about by a taint ridden body, and without that I doubt he could be supported. Though thats all speculation.

Wasn't there a vision or dream of Rand... or someone... standing over Rand's corpse and than settling into it or something? That could be what you mean.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is the viewing of Logain stepping over Rand and the seperate you need to die to live prohecy-- they are seperate.

No neither of those is the one I'm talking about...

Argh! It's either in Winter's Heart or the book before that, and I can clearly remember some prophetic vision or dream being made regarding Rand, something about someone standing over Rand's corpse/body...

There's one of Logain stepping over his corpse laughing;

one of three figures standing over his corpse / him on a bier crying;

one of him wearing alot of masks and then one of the masks is him;

one of him and another man walking into eachother, with one one dying and the other surrviving or something similar. Rand interpreted that to be him and Lews Therin, prooving that he wasn't insane.

In ACoS ch 10, Egwene has a Dream in which, "Logain, laughing, steps over something onto a black stone. It looks like Rand's body, but when she touches his face it breaks like paper puppet."

One possible interpretation of this is that Logain will succeed Rand as the leader of the Black Tower.

There is another viewing, that Min had, in ACoS ch 33, in which she says (to Rand), "I saw you and another man. I couldn't make out either face, but I knew one was you. You touched, and seemed to merge into one another, and....one of you dies, and one doesn't."

One of my favorite theories for the Lews Therin phenomenon is that it had to do with Ishamael's attack against Rand at the end of TDR.  Specifically, Ishy says he's going to take Rand's soul, and when he begins to do this attack, Rand feels something inside him "ripping" and "jarring loose".  If this really was an attack on Rand's soul, what he felt could have been part of his soul tearing, which begins to bring the Lews Therin memories to light.  In fact, it's in the next book that the first stages of Lews Therin begin to manifest.  The most obvious being when Rand yells at Lanfear telling her "and you always loved power!" as the first instance where Rand is showing actual memories that can be attributed to Lews Therin.

Well, I really don't think it will be a channeling contest between Rand and the DO; the DO would flat stomp him and any other channeler the world has ever seen. It is his blood, not his weaves, on the rocks of Shayol Ghul that will save mankind. He's a sacrifice, a lamb being led to slaughter, not a OP gunslinger heading out for a duel at high noon.

I agree, I don't think it will come down to a physical battle so much as a revelation on behalf of Rand that will defeat the DO. Rand is currently to much of a wreck to do much good in a battle I agree, but hopefully he will be doing other things at TG than just fighting.

Archived