DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A little question.

Saidar

Okay, I'm new here so I haven't seen everything around here.

I've just seen that Robert Jordan has passed away, I was shocked!!! But I have a question. This may sound a bit harsh. Will A Memory of Light still be released?

Thank you Robert Jordan for the wonderfull books!!! We will miss you...

Allow me to cite this as yet another example of the consistent rudeness I pointed out in another thread, zshadez.

To answer your question, Saidar (which has been on the mind of pretty much all of Jordan's readers, despite our shared sense of loss at his passing and sympathy for his family and friends) preparations were made for the unfortunately realized eventuality of Jordan's death.  Detailed notes, and descriptions in some detail of the entire story, have been given to Harriet (his wife and editor), with the assistance of many others.  It has not yet been resolved (or at least, no resolution has been made public) exactly who will finish the script, using what methods, but I feel confident in stating unequivocally that we will see the book, its essence completed as Jordan wished it.

Let me assure you also that your question is not harsh or insensitive.  It seems clear that his family and friends share a determination to see A Memory of Light, and this story, finished in a way that honors him and those of us who enjoy his work.  I think that our shared desire to see the completion of his work honors the way he chose to live his life, and the work he chose to do.

i agree that it is not insensitive to ask such a question. i have been reading the WoT for nearly 17 years, and i had the moment where i thought "what about Memory?" it is a snap reaction. my second thought was that will memory be done justice, and if not, that would be another heartbreak indeed. i was looking forward to having RJ write many other works as well. the world has truly lost a great man.

i also agree with robert that the rudeness just needs to stop. let us try to think a bit before we post. people have feelings and courtesy costs nothing.

Actually, I'm quite fond of sugar-coating.  But that isn't what happened here.  Answering a question politely is not "sugar-coating".  It's "adult behavior".  After a certain age, politeness is expected, and should be a skill which has been acquired. 

I completely agree. We should be polite as a rule and as a common courtesy.

Actually, I'm quite fond of sugar-coating.  But that isn't what happened here.  Answering a question politely is not "sugar-coating".  It's "adult behavior".  After a certain age, politeness is expected, and should be a skill which has been acquired. 

Archived