DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moments that...kinda stuck a chord.

big heart hitter for me was in KoD when (SPOILER WARNING TURN BACK NOW IF YOU HAVENT READ KNIFE OF DREAMS) Rand loses his hand (for those regreting seeing this i have to say I TOLD YOU) the pure sadness min feels for the loss of rands hand is sypathy because rand has no sadness left, and rand "feels" his hand still there and yet he still cant adjust quite yet to having no hand.

Perrin's entire journey in Shadow Rising. Best part arguably, in the whole series. Somehow it was more personal, and easier to relate with, that whole section. I mean, his whole aim was simply to protect his home, and his people. It's what hooked me to the series in the first place.

Another thing that made an impression on me was when Birgitte was torn from Tel'aran'rhiod, the sadness she felt that she was separated from Gaidal Cain. There was a mention that Moghedien promised Birgitte that she would make her weep forever, long ago.

When Amys sends Rhuarc off to fight to free Rand at Dumai's Wells and shows a rare display of public affection. Perrin thinks to himself that he wishes he could see Faile again, one last time.

When Aviendha refuses to leave Elayne while the Gateway she was unraveling, was about to collapse. That was really touching.

Moiraine's tale of Manetheren on the village green in Eye of the World.

When Rand tries to make the little girl in the Stone of Tear live with the Power.

When Narishma told the rebel Hall about Eben and his Daigian. How he somehow, ruined as he was by one of the Aran'Gar, he managed to hold on to life long enough to maintain the link, so his Aes Sedai would survive.

When Nynaeve broke her block and finally got Lan to express his love and marry her.

I could do this all day...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned these...  Not going to list previously states ones :)

****SPOILERS****

Nynaeve healing Siuan and Leane..

Nynaeve overcoming her block..

Nynaeve traveling to Malkier and starting Lan's army..

Logain bonding the Aes Sedai..

Lews Therin taking over the power from Rand and weaving Death Gates..

Perrin killing Rolan in KoD while rescuing Faile, not knowing that he was helping Faile all along..

Aram trying to kill Perrin..

There are more but I can't think of them at the moment :)

One part that moved me was near the end of TDR when Perrin spends a day working at the smithy in Tear.  Separated not long before from everything he's known and loved, facing an ever-stranger future, he's able, for a short time, to get back into a familiar realm.  It's the last time, I think, that he reaches for the past, and he seems so much more human than in the later books.  Poor guy. :(

For me, it's no contest. The night before Moiraine falls into Finnland, when Mat delivers the news of Morgase's death and Moiraine realises her own time is all but upon her, and Rand thinks that he's never seen her looking so Aes Sedai. She simply smiles and says 'You will do well, Rand'. Even the increasingly surly Rand is left a little gobsmacked.

Ah, Moiraine. You wouldn't want to go on a caravan holiday with her, but ya gotta respect her.

(spoiler alert book 5) Moiraynes fall into the terangrial and the letter she sent Rand explaining the fortelling from the fist terangrial doorway and why events took place as they did. 

When i first started reading WOT i was often would draw parallels with other fantasy and sifi, but then really loving twists or realizing that what was similar on a superficial level in reality was very different.  This event is a perfect example of that.  Plus the emotion of what happens really affected me, and ,this might sound silly, Rand reading the letter and things being revealed in it is a moment that connects the reader with Rand.

Archived