DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Are Rands "girls" normal

Niss

[

Just curious -- you guys who are upset about Rand and his ladies, are you

Yes, this bugs me too

Actually, while we're on that subject, the Warders seem to take it very well. I don't think I've seen jealousy between an Aes Sedai's warders. They work together very well, and I can only assume they must be friends. They're basically together all the time. very weird  :o

I have to maybe wonder if in those situations that maybe the Warders are Bisexuals? I don't like it but it is a thought.Otherwise I don't see how they could stomach it. I mean they share the bond they would know exactly what is going on. Doesn't it say somewhere that Myrelle sleeps with her warders and thats how she keeps them from going over the brink when they're Aes sedai die? Feel free to rip this thought to peices.

Why could they not stomach it? Because they are men? We witness women willing to deal with polygamy to a single man, and the reaction is 'how did he convince them to do that' but men in the same situation must be enjoying mansex as well, or else its impossible?

The woman in the bonding relationship is the dominant, and therefore socially speaking the sexual relationship, if formed, would form around her. Jealousy is not possible as it is a possesive trait. In such a situation you would encounter envy instead, yet controlled, for these men given themselves heart and soul to the will of their Aes Sedai.

I have to maybe wonder if in those situations that maybe the Warders are Bisexuals? I don't like it but it is a thought.Otherwise I don't see how they could stomach it. I mean they share the bond they would know exactly what is going on. Doesn't it say somewhere that Myrelle sleeps with her warders and thats how she keeps them from going over the brink when they're Aes sedai die? Feel free to rip this thought to peices.

Perhaps they go out and get roaring drunk the same way we've seen the bondees Birgitte, Min, and Avi do when Rand sleeps with Elayne?? Or Myrelle, as an experienced bonder, is able to mask the other bonds?? Nah, those solutions would be too sensible. Much more exciting to assume they're all having sex with each other.  ;D

The rules and social conventions around sex and sexuality in Randland are NOT the same as those in the many countries DM members are most often from. It's so interesting that we all have such willing suspension of disbelief when it comes to magic and imaginary places and creatures, but when it comes to sex, something seemingly unusual is shocking and requires an every-day explaination, instead of simply being accepted the way other elements are.

Perhaps they go out and get roaring drunk the same way we've seen the bondees Birgitte, Min, and Avi do when Rand sleeps with Elayne?? Or Myrelle, as an experienced bonder, is able to mask the other bonds?? Nah, those solutions would be too sensible. Much more exciting to assume they're all having sex with each other.  ;D

The rules and social conventions around sex and sexuality in Randland are NOT the same as those in the many countries DM members are most often from. It's so interesting that we all have such willing suspension of disbelief when it comes to magic and imaginary places and creatures, but when it comes to sex, something seemingly unusual is shocking and requires an every-day explaination, instead of simply being accepted the way other elements are.

Well you have to remember that for alot of people relationships and sex specificaly are connected to a religious aspect of their lives. So something beyond the norm of what they have ingrained in them needs a explination they can handle. Sex is one of the oddest topics to talk about as so many people have issues with it even for normal sexual relationships let alone something like we see in the WoT books.

Darth_Andrea

Archived