DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you..

fireblade

My Life. My plot. My choice. Hmm. 

I was Mr. Fel's apprentice before the great philosopher was turned into chum.  A rather unusual male channeler strong in earth, spirit, wind, but weak in fire.  Under Fel's apprenticeship I learned how to channel under the guidance of Fel's theories, therefore my channeling is a bit twisted and my weaves, as seen by all who can channel, make no since what so ever. My weaves can look like either saidan or saidar at my own will, but naturally look like something you might imagine as OP being used by a grolm/olgier offspring..

After, Fel's demise, I joined the Black tower.  Thought by Logain to have turned renegade, and believed by Taim to have burn myself out, I enter the white tower as a novice using the mask of mirrors.  I have a stasis box that I obtained from Fel's private stash.  Within the stasis box resided (forgive but...) the item that Moridin uses to control cyndane and moggy.  Since I have actually duplicated my soul, compliments of my twisted Fel logic of the OP and Pattern, I have reserved a backup within that little trinket.

After networking enough around the white tower, I fall in sync w/a sister of the Black Ajah.  She wishes me to turn but I demand to go to shayul Ghul myself in order to swear to the DO personally.  Upon my oath @ SG, I sell my soul in returns for becoming a grey man. 

Off I go from SG, with a backup copy of my soul that I had hidden under a rock somewhere near.  I venture on my way towards Rhuidean.  On my way towards Rhuidean, I amass a large population to follow me through a superbly undetectable and incredibly strong compulsion tactic.  Noone knows that they are following me because I am too ordinary to be noticed.  As I/we journey towards Rhuidean, we stop half way; constructing a city in the waste.  Within the city walls are large establishments that elicit the worlds craftiest gamblers to come to be astounded and mesmorized by all the amazing lights and games of chance.  This place becomes a hotspot for tourists and vacationers.  All who come to my city lose their wealth and fall under my compulsion. 

With technological advancements in irrigation and farming, I begin to grow large quantities of forkroot and am able to extract the active ingredients.  With this forkroot extract, and all of those compelled by myself, my followers feel this urge to cull the OP out of humanity.  I surplant a notion that they can dose all of those whom they believe can channel. ( Fortunetly, my follwers have all been 'marked' by me so that they can tell one another apart from each other.) Actually, pretty much everyone becomes the target of my forkroot extract under the pretenses that they believe those whom carry no mark are potential channelers.

Of those who are dosed with my concoction...(potentially everyone) all are cast into the Ways as a sacrifice to their great master Machin Shin ;-)  Eventually, as the OP is culled from Randland, Machin Shin becomes so vast that it begins to melt the ways a take its vengence on the world.

Luckily my 'trinket' has a protective 'sheathing'(compliments of my 'dirty' weaving tactics) around it so that Machin Shin is unable to consume nor detect my soul. 

By this time MS has devoured every soul and is now so hungry and out of control that it turns to the last place that has any harvest of souls left-- The DO.  DO has lost control of his own 'beast'(if you will)and is left with a final battle against the entire collection of tortured human souls.  DO becomes consumed by his beast-MS.  DO's new prison is a torturous one and even The Great Lord himself is unable to escape the tortur of all souls and is humiliated by being cast off as a peer to an ordinary captured human soul.

After my Glorious achievements I travel to avendesora(sp?) where I meditate for near eternity as I wait for the stedding to grow and consume the world. 

My legacy left behind is the changing of a flattened wheel of time.  The new wheels primary forces of good and evil is now an epic battle between stedding Sto Fu(sp? Loial's home) against Machin Shin.  ........

And I have sidestepped the sands of time and pattern and am the one to write the tread of the new wheel....

either way, I AM NOW THE ONE WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!!!  :o

Absolutly not fair. I though we had to create a charachter that could fit in with RJ's books. I won't even try to rewrite it. WAY too complicated for my tastes, thank you very much. Interesting twist though. But I thought one could only make cour'souvrain the Pit........

The beauty of fiction....

My Life. My plot. My choice. Hmm. 

And to play off of your siggy:                                                                             

"War is a bunch of old people talking, and too many young kids dying"

Hmmm I would simply be an Ash'man, with around the same power level as Logain. Both factions would have taken interest in me. But i would pretend to be stupid about any disputes within the Black Tower to avoid conflict. I'd quietly spend my days studying and altering the different known weaves until I made many of my own. I wouldn't share my discovery's with any of the other Asha'man. I would be aware of the imminent destruction, and probably make a bunker a short traveling distance away to wait out the Breaking.

The role i believe to be most needed, yet unaddressed, is interaction between the factions for the purpose of opposing the Shadow. Everything else is already being handled by someone. So thats what i would do, I would approach people in each group for the purpose of collaboration and information sharing. Form a sort of apolitical group to pay attention to the Shadow, route out darkfriends, and identify where and what the Forsaken are doing.

I would likely approach Romanda, Elayne, Narishma, Merise, Amys, Sorilea, Aviendha (Pevara if i knew about her) and perhaps one or two others to join that group, and perhaps speak to one or two others (Egwene, Rand, Mat, Perrin) to learn what they learn (but i wouldn't involve them because they have other concerns).

From there i suspect i would have enough information to learn about Taim, or at least investigate him. I would also look to Roedan, and investigate the Aes Sedai with the borderlanders. I'd speak to the captured sisters in Caemlyn and try and find the missing three. I'd look for Graendal (or, more likely, id investigate any unclaimed but perpetually chaotic nation), i'd also look for whichever Forsaken was hiding in the tower, since it would be logical to assume that one would be. Following Alviarin's letter i would probably try to take her, since that would be enough for me to suspect her as a darkfriend. Then i'd follow the trail--i'd use compulsion if nessasary to get them to swear the oath, and use it to find who's who.

But mostly it would be just about the facilitation of information sharing.

The other thing i would do is address the multitude of wasted channelers. I would have used Rand's bargaining power with the Atha'an Miere to get them to agree to having their men tested, and any with the spark, or the inclination to learn, to be taken to the Black Tower. I would have approached the Wise Ones following Rand's kidnapping and made a case about testing men who could channel amongst the Aiel (I would have spent the earlier books establishing some respect with them prior to beginning the Black Tower). Using the suspect nature of Aes Sedai I would have made such a case, but had that not worked i would have returned after the cleansing and tried again, or at least suggest that they stop the men who spark from going to the Blight--I might even phrase it as humanitarian... testing for all me so that none die from lack of training. I suspect they would appreciate that given their disdain for Aes Sedai.

Also, as i said earlier, I would have accepted women in the Black Tower as well as men. If done prior to the opening of the Novice book, i suspect many would have come, even if it was to a place where men channel.

I would also have sent channelers south to the Land of the Madmen and East to Shara to investigate those two lands, and see if anything of prospective worth might be found (recruiting channelers, learning weaves, angreal or ter'angreal.) Also, i would have set Aviendha to specifically studying all the ter'angreal in Tear and Rhuidean for prospective worth to the cause.

I'd probably be an impatient, practically-minded Aes Sedai working to stabilize a region or necessary system that has been a) leaderless due to TG or b) ignored or badly handled by whoever (whomever?) is supposed to be in charge, because whoever is supposed to be in charge is either an idiot or overly interested in their own importance, and needs to be brought back down to reality.

I would do that last bit in part by placing whoopee cushions under the seats of those particularly obnoxious leaders, and snickering politely behind my hand. I do so enjoy an immature practical joke.  ;D

We all love to have a character we like, but one can only hope said character conforms to reasonable expectations.

Ok, so my character is a bit unSUEstainable, I was just writing in the whim of a moment... However I would be fascinated by a character that was Fel's apprentice (or just a librarian at fel's research libraries) which had learned to channel in small amounts. Also turning his soul over to the DO to become a grey man--But spending the rest of his story life in Randland trying to overcome his compulsions to kill innocents.

Subtract the Las Vegas aspect and compelled army... Tone down Machin Shin and the Stedding a little bit;-) and as long as I let Lan or Slayer-type chars. kill me then I think it relatively plausible..

I just like the grey man and I wish to understand what makes a person turn into this.  An opportunity to explain this would be interesting-- Even though it has been done a million times over in various fictions.

• 1 month later...

I wold be one of the male forsaken. I would go over to the seanchan and plot and use compulsion until i took over the crystal throne. Then i would make a school for male and female aes sedai on seanchan continent turning all of them to the dark. I would train them as assasing to kill other forsaken after which i would be neablis. So in the last battle i would use the full might of seanchan to wipe out randland and the dragon himself.

Why didnt any of the forsaken do that?  ???

Wonders....

Archived