DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Faith the Vampire Slayer????

Emperor

Variety is reporting that Eliza Dushku has signed a major deal with the Fox network. 

The studio is now starting to integrate Dushku in the development process, giving her a chance to familiarize herself with some of the scribes who have deals at 20th.

Tim Minear is still a scribe under contract with Fox....

Would this series work?  Would you watch it?

What essentially made Faith a great character was that she served as a contrast when the others turned too much of goody-two-shoes. I can't really see how that kind of interaction could credibly be there if she got her own show, especially since she calmed down quite a bit towards the end.

I've said it before, and I say it again, if there are to be more Buffy spin-offs, it should be Willow or Spike (though, to be honest, James Marsters can't quite portray a never-aging vampire anymore, sadly enough)

I for one would love to see this show as long as it's done in a way that delves into FAith and the Whys of who she is.  I think there's a lot of back story there to play with.  And if the show is intended to show her as a repentant person, then why not? Xena was based on that and it worked great.

Of course, it might still suck and I'd really hate to see that. 

I'd definately watch it if Joss was involved.  Not sure if he wasn't.  Although I loved Angel and that was David Greewalt's baby, I think, not Joss's.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to give an update on Eliza Dushku's business with Fox.  Somebody on my Live Journal posted these interviews.

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibberd/2007/10/joss_whedon_returns_to_fox_wit.php

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=972f7d73-e0a2-43ea-abad-0abf6afba1f3&sid=fd-hot2-txt

It actually sounds pretty cool.  I'm excited.  Now we just need to get everything settled with the strike so we can get an air date.

Guest Far Dareis Mai

If you've ever read the book, "What would a Vampire Slayer Do?" Dushku says quite blatantly in an interview that she wouldn't be interested in pursuing a spin off involving Faith. She said that it was a good time in her life, but she was young then and has moved on. She also talked about her and SMG had very different outlooks about acting and working, and sometimes clashed, tee hee. Marsters said he will always be willing to be Spike again though...*sigh* I would give my right arm to see a spin off involving Willow or the other Scoobies, but I think there is a higher chance of there being another movie before there would be another TV show.

Anywho, I love pretty much anything Joss comes up with, so I will be most anxious to see how this turns out. Hopefully he snags some other actors from his previous works to be in the show as well. :D

Archived