DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is there solid proof that Moridin is Ishmael (sp?) ?

GrandpaG

I know the evidence is mountainous.  Just wondered if it had been stated outright that Moridin definitely IS Ishy.  Hate to assume things even when there is a pile of facts as high as Mount St Helen Ranier.  ::)

Sometimes fun is just not appropriate, darn it all.  :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Street urchins who can't afford to keep a cat.  I would pet a rat if they didn't always run and hide.  They can't possibly think that I would pick them up and wring their scrawny wretched neck just because they have beedy eyes that are too big for their head, do you think?  Rodents are just as much mammal as you or I.  They just taste better than cat or dog.  Kinda like chicken.  ;D

I know this is off topic, but I keep seeing the "rat" comments and it makes laugh.

My sister used to work in a lab doing cancer research.  At one point, she had these 3 white rats that reacted very well to one of the treatments, so they lived quite a while at the lab.  When the experiment was over, she was supposed to "dispose" of them, but brought them home instead....she just got too attached to them. 

I was a little freaked out at first, but they were VERY friendly.  They were the size of small cats and loved mini marshmellows as treats.  They were very smart and loved attention.  We had them for several more years before they died (of natural causes).  We had cats at the time too, but the cats were terrified of them!  They would perch on your shoulder too and you could walk around with them. 

Sorry, just had to share that....hehe. 

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine who has read all the books has been telling me he is convinced that Moridin is not only Ishy but also was Lord Luke in TSR and Slayer in the wolf dream. Anyone know if all of the above is accurate even a little? If not I would love to know so I can rub his face in it.  ;D

Darth_Andrea

A friend of mine who has read all the books has been telling me he is convinced that Moridin is not only Ishy but also was Lord Luke in TSR and Slayer in the wolf dream. Anyone know if all of the above is accurate even a little? If not I would love to know so I can rub his face in it.  ;D

Darth_Andrea

I thought luke was Lans half-brother, cousin , or uncle or something.  Although... the timeline adds up in the first 2 books, so it is possible.  But I think it unlikely. 

"Don't blame me, my first read through consisted of less than 3 weeks while @ work!  And so was the 2nd...ugh."

Guest cwestervelt

Moridin is not Slayer.

Slayer is an amalgamation of Lord Luc (Tigraine's brother) and Lord Isam (Lan's cousin).

Guest cwestervelt

I just thought your comments needed a little clarification.  Just for those still confused on who Slayer is.  We don't want people thinking Lan is related to Luc do we?  Or Rand to Isam.  People are having enough troubles keeping the simpler aspects of who is related to who straight.  The person concerned about the mental welfare of Elayne's babies was worried without even throwing in an uncle who is only an uncle half the time and no relation at all the rest of the time... ;D

I just thought your comments needed a little clarification.  Just for those still confused on who Slayer is.  We don't want people thinking Lan is related to Luc do we?  Or Rand to Isam.  People are having enough troubles keeping the simpler aspects of who is related to who straight.  The person concerned about the mental welfare of Elayne's babies was worried without even throwing in an uncle who is only an uncle half the time and no relation at all the rest of the time... ;D

Um...What? <scratches her head in confustion>

Darth_Andrea

Guest cwestervelt

Darth_Andrea

Did I just lose you somewhere?

Tigraine was the daughter heir to Andor (before Morgase took over, and of a different House than Morgase, so no, Rand is not related to Elayne) who ran off to join the Maidens, and gave birth to Rand on the slopes of Dragonmount.

Luc was Tigraine's brother, and is therefore Rand's uncle.

Luc merged with Isam (below) to become Slayer (don't remember how, if it's stated).

Isam is Lan's cousin who disappeared in the Blight ages ago, before merging with Luc into Slayer.

Better?  ;D

Darth_Andrea

"The person concerned about the mental wellfare of Elayne's babies..." Is that what confused you? He was referring, I believe, to this thread

Darth_Andrea

"The person concerned about the mental wellfare of Elayne's babies..." Is that what confused you? He was referring, I believe, to this thread

Thanks for the link hun it helped,, that last bit did confused the hell out of me hehe.

Darth_Andrea

Guest cwestervelt

Darth_Andrea

Thanks for the link hun it helped,, that last bit did confused the hell out of me hehe.

Darth_Andrea

Yes, that was the thread.  I didn't realize it had fallen so far down the list.  It was quite active for a while.

Cadsuane:  You forgot that while Slayer is a full time job, Luc and Isam are only part time positions.  He can either be Rand's loving uncle or Lan's long lost cousin.  Thus the part about the babies only haveing an uncle (well great uncle) half the time.

Guest cwestervelt

My mistake.  I thought you were trying to confuse Darth_Andrea further.  You were actually trying to clarify things?  How disappointing. ;D

Hehe, seriously. It's also the reason Perrin doesn't recognize Lord Luc running around the Two Rivers as Slayer running around T'A'R. As Slayer, L/I/S looks like Isam (I believe), while as Lord Luc , L/I/S looks like Luc (and therefore Rand, as I think Perrin comments in his thoughts). If I've mixed it up, I'm sure someone will correct me.  :P  ;D

Archived