DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WOT Franchise

torrente

Will WOT become a world franchise like Forgotten Realms has with the land of Faerun . . . or the Star Wars books have with the whole galaxy at their disposal?

I'm picturing a continuation of stories based on RJ's world. Not necessarily critical stories like the current books, but maybe a trilogy here and there by genre writers.

Guest LurkingFadeFetcher

good crap I hope not! :shock:

The only way I could live with that is if RJ gave someone an outline as to what happened and let them flesh it out. But it would probably have to be a separate timeframe, like the Trolloc Wars or War of Power, I couldn't tolerate someone else writing the current characters!

yeah, star wars wasn't a book to begin with. we were introduced to the primary characters in the movies (for the most part).

Even in star wars if they did a think with Anikin, Jacen, and Jania solo i probably wouldnt like it since they are characters souly introduced in the books

good crap I hope not! :shock:

The only way I could live with that is if RJ gave someone an outline as to what happened and let them flesh it out. But it would probably have to be a separate timeframe' date=' like the Trolloc Wars or War of Power, I couldn't tolerate someone else writing the current characters![/quote']

With all franchises there are rules in place as to what you can write or change. If you tried to write a star trek novel you would find that you can't kill of Picard for example. The same would apply with the WOT books . . .

Archived