DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Worst Movies/TV Shows you've watched all the way through?

SinisterDeath

On 9/1/2022 at 11:33 AM, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Ooo, do tell. Not all of it’s been the best in my opinion, but definitely not the worst. 

Hrrmmmm, I guess it just feels like the tight coupling between movies for the Infinity Saga is not present in these projects. Not a deal-breaker, but kind of disappointing. I definitely think the quality has dropped post-Infinity War, but I still enjoy watching content when it comes out. 

Edited by VooDooNut

46 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

Hrrmmmm, I guess it just feels like the tight coupling between movies for the Infinity Saga is not present in these projects. Not a deal-breaker, but kind of disappointing. I definitely think the quality has dropped post-Infinity War, but I still enjoy watching content when it comes out. 

I wasn’t into Marvel when the Infinity Saga was still going so I guess I can’t say. 

I think they might be going a little too fast, and some stuff has been slightly disappointing (MoM’s pacing just felt off and it seemed more of a Wanda movie than a Doctor Strange one), but some of Phase 4’s stuff has been really good in my opinion (NWH, Ms. Marvel). But it’s all subjective anyway. Like what you like, hate what you hate, and as long as it’s not for bigoted reasons, I’m absolutely willing to respect your opinion. It’s just for fun anyway, right? 

8 minutes ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

I wasn’t into Marvel when the Infinity Saga was still going so I guess I can’t say. 

I think they might be going a little too fast, and some stuff has been slightly disappointing (MoM’s pacing just felt off and it seemed more of a Wanda movie than a Doctor Strange one), but some of Phase 4’s stuff has been really good in my opinion (NWH, Ms. Marvel). But it’s all subjective anyway. Like what you like, hate what you hate, and as long as it’s not for bigoted reasons, I’m absolutely willing to respect your opinion. It’s just for fun anyway, right? 

I really enjoyed the religious and cultural insight in Ms. Marvel. And I feel the same as you about MoM. It also doesn't seem right that MoM is basically a continuation of WandaVision, and not watching the show beforehand would leave the viewer very confused. But I also wasn't the biggest fan of WandaVision. It had a messy, nonsensical plot imo.

Just now, VooDooNut said:

I really enjoyed the religious and cultural insight in Ms. Marvel. And I feel the same as you about MoM. It also doesn't seem right that MoM is basically a continuation of WandaVision, and not watching the show beforehand would leave the viewer very confused. But I also wasn't the biggest fan of WandaVision. It had a messy, nonsensical plot imo.

I’m not Muslim, or part of that culture, so I can’t say how accurate it was, but I also enjoyed seeing the cultural things, and just how the show felt a little more fun than some of the other stuff (Moon Knight was just a dumpster fire as far as rep goes, and some of the other stuff felt really serious (not bad, but it is fun to have something light hearted)). 

WandaVision was definitely my least favorite of the shows as far as plot goes (I don’t wanna support the hurt MK is doing to the DID community, but it did have a good plot, even if the rest wasn’t great), and I share the same sentiment about MoM and it being a continuation. I get you’re supposed to watch all the shows, but to be honest, I don’t think you should have to to understand the main stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 3:41 AM, Kudzu said:

This is probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a movie. I'm a massive fan of the cartoon and hadn't seen any reviews so I had no idea what I was heading into.

Is the live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender as much of a mess as we  remember? - Polygon

If you want information on how you can view Instagram storis incognito, check out this article -  https://celltrackingapps.com/instagram-viewer/

Yes yes, when I think back, it was impossible. Just destroying my childhood memories(

Edited by JohnKlein94

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, VooDooNut said:

If you watch Pitch Meeting on Youtube then a running gag now for MCU movies is 
"But what if they haven't seen the other movies to understand" 
"I'm just joking, we are Marvel, we don't care about that anymore". 

I think the MCU is getting more and more divisive, personally I loved Wanda Vision, and from when it was announced always expected MoM to be a Scarlet witch movie with the Dr Strange title there to just throw people off as to what the main story was going to be (a different take on house of M), It didn't end up being my fav Marvel film but nothing has managed to be as bad as the Thor 2, and Ironman 2 :). 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:48 PM, JohnKlein94 said:

Yes yes, when I think back, it was impossible. Just destroying my childhood memories(

Personally I felt this movie just showed M. Night Shyamalan's sheer genius, after being famous for having a twist at the end of his movies he decided to throw us all by interweaving his twist through every moment of this film. 

I mean I don't think any of us saw something as amazing as the Avatar cartoon was being turned onto the utter awfulness that was this movie. That was a twist and a half :). 

On 9/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

I’m not Muslim, or part of that culture, so I can’t say how accurate it was, but I also enjoyed seeing the cultural things, and just how the show felt a little more fun than some of the other stuff (Moon Knight was just a dumpster fire as far as rep goes, and some of the other stuff felt really serious (not bad, but it is fun to have something light hearted)). 

WandaVision was definitely my least favorite of the shows as far as plot goes (I don’t wanna support the hurt MK is doing to the DID community, but it did have a good plot, even if the rest wasn’t great), and I share the same sentiment about MoM and it being a continuation. I get you’re supposed to watch all the shows, but to be honest, I don’t think you should have to to understand the main stuff. 

A friend of mine has DID and loves the show, as do many of his online support group who all also have DID, their general opinion of it is that "they got most of it right, and the stuff they didn't well, it's a super hero movie so I can look past it". 

It was nice seeing the horrors of Partition shown on a main stream tv show, strangely not the first time in recent times as Dr Who also had an episode set in the same period. I think I loved Wanda Vision and MOM because house of M is one of my fav storylines in the comics and I thought it was a good take on it given you where never going to have a large infinity war type story for it. 

MOM also alluded to house of M 

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2022 at 6:53 AM, SinisterDeath said:

I again assert, some of ya'll need to watch some trashier television to truly appreciate what a Bad Movie/TV show really is. 

I think part of it is expectation if a show or movie has an advantage of big budget, excellent cast or amazing IP then while it might be better than something lacking those qualities the disappointment is higher.

Obi Wan is the most recent example the disappointment factor is massively multiplied by the fact it has all the advantages and yet fails so badly.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:05 AM, Forsakenaelf said:

Past few yrs to recent I would say Loki, WoT, Obi Wan and Rings of Power.

Willow if it doesn’t improve will be up there to.

Those is where personal taste comes in, Loki for me is one of if not the best of the MCU tv shows, and Better than some of the movies. Obi Wan was also really good fun and rings of power, while it had its issues, certainly does not come under worst tv/movies ever. I will just reassert if that is trashy TV then you really have been avoiding some real stinkers lol. 

On 12/25/2022 at 11:29 PM, Sir_Charrid said:

Those is where personal taste comes in, Loki for me is one of if not the best of the MCU tv shows, and Better than some of the movies. Obi Wan was also really good fun and rings of power, while it had its issues, certainly does not come under worst tv/movies ever. I will just reassert if that is trashy TV then you really have been avoiding some real stinkers lol. 

Loki is probably the best of MCU TV but thats not saying much. MCU TV and phase 4 have been pretty terrible.

Obi Wan is nothing short of a complete writing disaster. Just terrible from start to finish. The two Leia chase scenes and the hiding under the coat scene belong in a kids cartoon.

Edited by Mailman

34 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Loki is probably the best of MCU TV but thats not saying much. MCU TV and phase 4 have been pretty terrible.

Obi Wan is nothing short of a complete writing disaster. Just terrible from start to finish. The two Leia chase scenes and the hiding under the coat scene belong in a kids cartoon.

People seem to always forget star wars is first and foremost a series for children. While slightly more mature movies have been made all of us fell in love with star wars as children. It is why the prequels were never fully understood by the then grown up viewers and yet children loved them. 

6 minutes ago, Sir_Charrid said:

People seem to always forget star wars is first and foremost a series for children. While slightly more mature movies have been made all of us fell in love with star wars as children. It is why the prequels were never fully understood by the then grown up viewers and yet children loved them. 

Star wars has a much wider target audience than just kids.

Even if this was the case it is no excuse for horrendous writing.