DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New clip about the Aes Sedai

WhiteVeils

2 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

to be fair, that's moiraine's narration. it's not wrong per se, but it's told from a certain point of view.

as the series moves on, we gradually realize the aes sedai are much less smart and knowledgeable and powerful than they give themselves credit for.

actually, if they took away that part of aes sedai characterization to turn them into beacons of virtue, that's something that would lose me much more than the part about a woman dragon. but i see no signs of it

Well, no, it is the story telling of the background for the audience.  At least that is what it sounded like.

1 hour ago, Rose said:

2. Has anyone zoomed in and unblurred the map to reveal secret information? I know this fandom is capable of it, but we're getting so much content these days it's hard to keep up lol

I took a look at the map and I think it's interesting that the Amadicia area has very little detail on it.  Which I think is either great insight for an Aes Sedai produced map, for obvious reasons, or maybe just dodgy lighting. Probably the lighting.

• Community Administrator
6 minutes ago, Maximillion said:

Sad that the opportunity to tell RJs story in moving pictures has been hijacked

Yet, I doubt I'd hear a peep out of you if this was hijacked by some incel proudboys that decide to spread the message that white religious men are prosecuted by the evil liberal Aes Sedai, so long as they "kept gender essentialism".

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

I took a look at the map and I think it's interesting that the Amadicia area has very little detail on it.  Which I think is either great insight for an Aes Sedai produced map, for obvious reasons, or maybe just dodgy lighting. Probably the lighting.

It does make perfect sense that the Aes Sedai wouldn't know much about Amadicia! Although I suspect they have eyes and ears everywhere even if they can't safely go themselves. It must be a perilous job though, being an Amadician who secretly works for the White Tower.

3 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Yet, I doubt I'd hear a peep out of you if this was hijacked by some nicely proudboys that decide to spread the message that white religious men are prosecuted by the evil liberal Aes Sedai, so long as they "kept gender essentialism".

Get away with that - I hate all forms of the extremism in our society today, whether its woke liberals pushing their agenda or crazed religious right wing nuts pushing theirs.

My beef is with injecting that BS into pretty much every damn piece of entertainment getting produced these days - and it's especially galling that they have hijacked WoT.

Edited by Maximillion