DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Logain Clip!!

Elder_Haman

10 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

the big question is, why this site doesn't have a big news announcement about this clip, and the shadowspawn one?

i was thinking the black is saidin, because saidin is black. the aes sedai symbol has saidar in white and saidin in black, after all. the taint is not supposed to be channeled, the taint is absorbed by the channeler but it does not come out in the flows, the flows wielded are pure.

but then, this is a fine distinction to explain in a tv show. First reaction was "omg this is an unacceptable warping of the narrative", second reaction was "what does this actually change about the story?", and after a minute I couldn't find any definitive answer for why it's so bad, so I assume it's ok.

They are pretty quick in getting the clips up to be fair.

If you have the TV show forum up pretty much everything that is happening will surface there quickly.

For the Shadowspawn clip I saw that actually pop up in real time on twitter and when I came here to post it, it was already here ?

In the scene in the new clip where Logain looks up at Mat (or so we're led to believe), Logain is much cleaner and less menacing-looking than in the previous shots of him we had in the cage. Here he's still in the cage but it looks like he's had a bath, has combed his hair, and cleaned and pressed his clothes. Maybe the Aes Sedai cleaned him up a little before parading him through Tar Valon?

1 hour ago, Rose said:

In the scene in the new clip where Logain looks up at Mat (or so we're led to believe), Logain is much cleaner and less menacing-looking than in the previous shots of him we had in the cage. Here he's still in the cage but it looks like he's had a bath, has combed his hair, and cleaned and pressed his clothes. Maybe the Aes Sedai cleaned him up a little before parading him through Tar Valon?

That is an interesting juxtaposition, most places would want people to see their arrested criminals as dirty animals.  Aes Sedai want to show powerful people are able to be caged by them.

Edited by Skipp

20 hours ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

After so many months of nothing...Shazam! Hype!!! 

He's not at all how I pictured Logain. Not...Regal enough. 

But I think they're going for Haughty and Insane. 

Nevertheless. 

I like it! 

Also, only about half the shots were new. We'd seen the rest of that previously. 

I like that they're representing the taint on Sai'din with black!

And that spear block with air is how it should look. They should've done the Alanna arrow scenes like that! 

I couldn’t agree more. The way the spears interacted with Channeling was way better. They would more likely create a barrier to be hit, than trying to weave and catch individual projectiles. I guess they are trying to get different types of interactions with the weaving and how different people use it, but this was a big win visually.