DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Logain Clip!!

Elder_Haman

Oh that's good.

I am actually just 11 chapters in from the very start of reading through the series for the 3rd time.

These little clips are making me eager to read further as well as anticipating the TV show.?

It's interesting putting these faces/imagery together with the imagination of reading.

Edited by Maximillion

32 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

Where are the naysayers now? All of these clips need debunking.

I don't have instagram so I don't have their higher quality version available or handy yet.  But, I'd say that some of the criticisms about the grip on the axes seem warranted now.   But, I still think the shot looks pretty good at speed. 

If we had not discussed it I probably wouldn't have gone through frame by frame like I did. ?

4 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

I don't have instagram so I don't have their higher quality version available or handy yet.  But, I'd say that some of the criticisms about the grip on the axes seem warranted now.   But, I still think the shot looks pretty good at speed. 

If we had not discussed it I probably wouldn't have gone through frame by frame like I did. ?

Facebook has 1080p version

Guest Wolfbrother31

After so many months of nothing...Shazam! Hype!!! 

He's not at all how I pictured Logain. Not...Regal enough. 

But I think they're going for Haughty and Insane. 

Nevertheless. 

I like it! 

Also, only about half the shots were new. We'd seen the rest of that previously. 

I like that they're representing the taint on Sai'din with black!

And that spear block with air is how it should look. They should've done the Alanna arrow scenes like that! 

Edited by Wolfbrother31

28 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

And that spear block with air is how it should look. They should've done the Alanna arrow scenes like that! 

I have a feeling that will be used as a difference between Men and Women.  Easier to use Saidar to catch the arrows and easier for Saidin to just destroy them.  Or perhaps it might be used to showcase Logain's strength.  But either way it looked excellent in this clip.

Also notice that Logain doesn't do much for movement when it comes to channeling.  Rafe did say that each actor had their own mannerisms for channeling.

Guest Wolfbrother31
1 minute ago, Skipp said:

Rafe did say that each actor had their own mannerisms for channeling.

Yeah, I like that...and I liked what Rosamund had to say about it in the panel as well. 

So loving what I've seen so far. Keep it up Amazon. 

In regards to the Logain clip, the only thing I'm not sure about is how they represent channeling in it. I get the black is referencing the taint but how the CG shows the channeling effects just don't quite look right to me. I'm just not entirely sold with how they've chosen to represent channeling. Anyone feel similarly or have constructive thoughts on it. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, nsmallw said:

So loving what I've seen so far. Keep it up Amazon. 

In regards to the Logain clip, the only thing I'm not sure about is how they represent channeling in it. I get the black is referencing the taint but how the CG shows the channeling effects just don't quite look right to me. I'm just not entirely sold with how they've chosen to represent channeling. Anyone feel similarly or have constructive thoughts on it. 

Thanks!

It’s hard to say without seeing it in full context. But I was pretty happy with the Logain clip. 

Magic is hard to visualize on screen - especially combat magic. Dr. Strange was probably the best one I’ve seen so far, and I get a similar(ish) vibe here, but hard to tell without seeing more. 

Without a doubt, it’s the most important thing for them to get right. If the magic is bad, the show will falter. 

From nsmallw:

I'm just not entirely sold with how they've chosen to represent channeling. Anyone feel similarly or have constructive thoughts on it. 

Thanks!

I'm still not in love with it, but I find two things encouraging: One is the hint of colored weaves in the corner of the puzzle-poster they released. Whether you (or I) think colorful-rainbow weaves would look better or worse than plain white ones, the intriguing part is that it strongly hints they still have one or two tricks up their sleeve they haven't showed us yet. The second is the black taint enwreathing Logain's channeling; they slow-mo'd it on The Dusty Wheel, and even though it is blurry, you can sort of see how the black stuff is slick and oily, coated the pure Power like scum on the surface of a pond. I was pleased to see this, because my initial thought when I saw the clip was, Oh, women channel white and men channel black. That's dumb. But the truth (and I should have guessed it sooner) shows that they put a bit more thought into it.

And it remains to be seen whether everyone in-world can see these weaves or just the channelers. That may or may not play into what we as the viewer are shown or not shown in each instance.

Not to pack too many thoughts into one post, but I have a inkling that as some of our main characters start to learn more complex weaves, that will be mirrored on screen, as well, and most of what we are seeing is the equivalent of uneducated country bumpkins wielding the Power without any real grace or artistry. (The Forsaken basically regard modern-day Aes Sedai like they're children drawing with crayons.) Imagine seeing a full season of supposedly well-trained Aes Sedai wielding the Power in all manner of ways—healing, stopping arrows, bringing down the thunder—and then in Season 2, Lanfear shows up, arches an eyebrow in disdain, and delicately forms a small weave that looks like a scarf being crocheted or something similar, and in its complexity it is vastly more powerful than any large-scale, brute-force channeling we have seen thus far. Could be pretty cool.

Edited by Borderlander
Misattributed the initial quote

the big question is, why this site doesn't have a big news announcement about this clip, and the shadowspawn one?

i was thinking the black is saidin, because saidin is black. the aes sedai symbol has saidar in white and saidin in black, after all. the taint is not supposed to be channeled, the taint is absorbed by the channeler but it does not come out in the flows, the flows wielded are pure.

but then, this is a fine distinction to explain in a tv show. First reaction was "omg this is an unacceptable warping of the narrative", second reaction was "what does this actually change about the story?", and after a minute I couldn't find any definitive answer for why it's so bad, so I assume it's ok.