DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MUSIC] Nine Inch Nails new album!!!!!!!

the dude

I assume it's alright to pop in, right?

Now I just discovered this yesterday because I am extremely estranged from all new outlets of any form, but NINE INCH NAILS HAS A NEW ALBUM ON APRIL 17TH OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THAT IS SO FRICKIN' AWESOME WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED EARLIER THAT IS SO FRIGGIN' SWEET I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may or may not be news to those interested. Actually, those interested, it's probably old news... But HELL YEAH!!!

Any NIN fans around? Any thoughts on the upcoming release? I haven't even heard any singles yet, but Reznor being Reznor, I'm anticipating a pretty sweet album.

On a sidenote, Metallica's album coming out this summer too.... I feel more trepidation than anticipation about that one though... I'm a die-hard fan, but... yeah.

St. Anger was depressing. I really, REALLY tried hard to like it. I stuck by them through Load and Reload, and I still contend that those are good albums, and good METALLICA albums, but St. Anger... Yeah. 'Nuff said.

But back to NIN. I know a lot of people weren't so hot on With Teeth, but I felt it was a good, genuine NIN effort. It seemed closer to Downward Spiral styles than The Fragile, though of course there were still departures.

yeah With Teeth had a few duff songs but on the whole it was back on a par with downward spiral as you say. I'm more of a Pretty Hate Machine fan though.

But St Anger?? I've tried and tried to like that album..even going as far as to put it on my mp3 player..but all I did was skip the tracks :oops: Apparently the new one is meant to be more of the old-style Metallica, though what that is meant to refer to I've no idea...

Although I like Reznor a lot.. I hope now he's almost 40 that he gets off the teen angst train. Will be interesting to see. Living in NOLA has to have some effect on him.. unless he's moved to the North Shore of the lake like pretty much everyone else

Pretty Hate Machine is by far the best NIN album. That reminds me that my lovely and highly intelligent wife TiVo'ed a NIN concert that I haven't had a chance to view just yet. She said that there was some new stuff on it... I wonder?

I shall listen and return with some info, post haste... or maybe just haste.

pretty hate machine was a sweet album. sort of ahead of its time. really, though, all the primary albums were friggin' excellent. some of the remix singles didn't charm me as much, but there it is.

the cool thing to me about nin is that he does stay fairly true to his vision, and doesn't succumb to trends. i wouldn't call his thing teenaged angst, really; i think that a great many of the concepts he deals with are way beyond anything your average teen is likely to be able to grasp.

i intend to have an amount reserved and ready for the tuesday in question. my wife has already been issued her mission of getting it for me that day, since she works right beside the mall.

Archived