DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings from Europe

Moonbeam

On 10/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, Moonbeam said:

Hello Elgee!

I used to be part of the White Tower as a member of the White Ajah. I'm a Mom now though, so I'll probably be more of a lurker (for now;-)

Oh wonderful!

Did you use the same handle back then, or a different one?

Also, were you at the Role Playing side, or the Social Side? Or both? Or before the split?

So many questions ?

Whatever the answers, we're glad to see you back here!

Thanks all!

I am not sure what my handle used to be tbh:s Could have been Luthien. It was before the split, I know that for sure. We did some RPG, but it was social as well. Everything mixed, different Amyrlin. I have the feeling that Dragonmount is much bigger now than it was as well.

Very excited to be back and that WoT is finally getting the TV love it deserves!!

Wish I could meet you all at JordanCon though. I have seen so many YouTube channels with so many lovely ppl I'd love to have a cuppa tea with?

probably with Kathana as Amerlyn, i joined in 04 then they had split, Kath was still in charge of the social side of WT but the RP was Lyanna i think who was the in character one maybe, and someone else was leader out of character

dont hold me too it though so long since and there been some changes in RP over the year for sure before they landed on using non player owned chars for such ic positions to avoid the unlikely messy all the time change

i think it went forum wise bigger over the time but last few years it dwindled down some too...not sure about the non forum based community of DM has a feeling that probably grew sizable.. not in it though so dont have insight in that

@Elgee, wow that is sleuthing;-) Nope, I think those are the newer ones. It really was much longer ago.

@littha, it could very well be! At the time there were people who were not happy with the Amyrlin and so a small split happened with people starting a rival tower/new website. Think that went flat, but I do remember the vibes. 

Happy to read everything only grew, if even a little, and you now have RP sections as well;-) 

ÿeah they split into social groups and rolleplay before i joined, so you must been around before my time

but i am sure the whites will be glad to see you back, not sure who of them go that far back, dwyn and dell are gone it seems if you knew them, and Ben just poking his head in now and again...i am horrible with names so thats older whites i know about that been around since i was new at least thats gone now

and board wise yes it might be its bigger, though not really there been more when i started thats gone, some new ones though too (just returned a year ago after a hiatus myself) and activety has decreased some...but hopefully on the way up...well at least in the sections i frequent, it migth be it grew in other parts...i always just been in the parts now called clubs, the forums i just stick my toe into a couple times every eon ?

Thank you for the info, Liitha! For know I think I will be lurking due to work and being a single mom, but who knows what will happen when the TV series hits. I might not be able to contain myself?

For those in the US, good luck with voting. Europe's thinking of you!