DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which of the cast and crew concern you most?

more rain

On 10/31/2019 at 3:08 AM, imlad said:

I think I saw that Harriet had input on the casting, but I doubt she had veto or final say. And I think Brandon said he only got to see audition tapes or something. I might be misremembering. I do not at all blame Hayden Christianson for what he did with Anakin Skywalker. I believe he just worked with the script he was given, the little (read that as "no") directing he was given by Lucas, and the fact that they had no rehearsals. I've heard numerous critics and entertainment pundits say that Hayden has put in great performances in many other projects, so I don't doubt that he is a good actor, he just had crap to work with (including working opposite an actor, Natalie, who didn't even want to be there). Oh, and Nae'blis is awesome. If the series becomes as big of a hit as we all hope, his channel is going to explode and he'll dang near be a rockstar LOL. Poor poor Daniel...

I'm expecting a mix of practical and CGI for the Trollocs and especially on the Myrddraal. For the Fades the eyeless face would be practical makeup, but the cloak would be entirely a CG creation so that it only moves due to the movement of the actor. I've thought about this way to much (many nights laying in bed trying to fall asleep), and this is the only solution I can think of to keep the Fade's cloak from moving in response to the wind. Multiple Myrddraal would also require CGI; since all Fades look the identical they would all be played by the same actor (I really want Adrian Brody for this), and that would necessitate cloning him with a computer for shots of more than one. Large masses of Trollocs would be done in the computer instead of in the camera as well, that's cheaper and easier than making prosthetics and masks for dozens or more Trollocs. Wide shots of certain Trollocs, namely ones with highly non-human feet and legs, will have to be CG-ed to give them the appropriate legs (the actors would be wearing chromakey socks/boots).

That doesn't require CGI at all. Peter Jackson did that with the Hobbits and Gimli in The Lord of the Rings movies with just forced perspective alone, although they did build some special sets so that they could have moving cameras while doing this trick shot. Check out the special features on the DVD set of the Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring to see and learn more. It might also be on YouTube by now, if NewLine hasn't had it taken down.

For really close up scenes, when the characters are literally face to face with Trollocs and forced perspective isn't an option, the stunt performers playing the Trollocs would be wearing some sort of stilts or be standing on appleboxes.

There are myriad tricks that they have come up with for this sort of thing over the years. You don't need a computer to do it. That said, as you can see from above, I do think CG should be used for some aspects of the Shadowspawn.

I am hoping the show puts forward a feminist agenda, and is LGBT friendly. Rafe can throw as much of that first one in there as he wan-- What? Huh? Those are in the books? Oh! ? Okay... ?Yeah he can still push those agendas all he wants.

I hope David is fine with that. But if he stops watching, sad as that might be, that's just one person lost. Maybe a couple more, who know how many friends he has, and how many would have watched in the first place. I'm sure the show will survive that tragedy. 

And so far, the only people I have seen raising concerns about this show have been worrying about some sort of pro-gay agenda from Rafe because he's gay and the showrunner. I've literally seen some idiot on YouTube say they are worried Rafe's going to have two of the Emond's Field boys get together.

Basically, by bringing your baseless concern up, you outed your self (or at the least colored yourself) as someone frightened by the Progress and change our society has gone through over the past couple of decades when it comes to LGBT issues, as well as feminism. Doesn't matter if you are or not, that's the big ol' sticker you went and put on your forehead. 

He's already hinted that he wants to turn Rand-Elayne-Aviendha into a poly-amorous relationship,where Elayne and Aviendha are in love with each other and not just BFF's who share Rand.  So that will make the 3 page bath scenes FAR more interesting.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:29 PM, Dagon Thyne said:

He's already hinted that he wants to turn Rand-Elayne-Aviendha into a poly-amorous relationship,where Elayne and Aviendha are in love with each other and not just BFF's who share Rand.  So that will make the 3 page bath scenes FAR more interesting.

That 13% of me... okay okay, 14%!... will enjoy that!

On 10/31/2019 at 6:20 AM, SinisterDeath said:

New Spring, Pillow friends, written by RJ.

"Transgender"

Aran'gar. Man literally in a woman's body.

Also written by RJ.

As for concerns of Rand and his 3 Wives.

So, it's basically a better version describing how Min Loves Rand, but Aviendah & Elayne love each other, as well as Rand.

You didn't specify, but you clearly meant SJW. Beating around the bush.

Nothing presented about the show, about Rafe has had anyone complain his 'politics and social biases' and not use the word SJW to describe Rafe. I've never heard anyone accuse Rafe of trying to make the show too cis gender.

But you missed my point, and @imlad is taking it to far.

What I'm getting at, is that pretty much everyone who has complained about these so-called "politics or social biases" being injected into films, are finding things to get mad. They are looking for it.

Star Wars - Black Storm Trooper. Pink Haired Female Admiral

Dory - Gay dory and her Pipe Friend (They weren't gay, they were friends, that talked through a pipe)

Toy Story - Sporky is transgender because he's a spork. (No. Sporky is Sporky. If anything he's just suicidal)

Beauty and the Beast - Gay people. (Oh wow. They show the obvious gay guy dancing with the other obviously gay guy. Big Whoop.)

Those are all films in the last decade to get figuratively picketed/attacked by people, claiming that they are ruining their movies, their childhood, and children by injecting SJW/Gay/Transgender/Race Politics into films. 

Saying "The books to be held true to what is written" Is just a cop-out way of skirting around saying you don't want to see SJW politics injected into this show.

When I said

That's meant for anyone who's complaining about SJW Political agenda in their media. If you felt offended by that, I'm sorry, but it would seem I was right?

I probably did take it too far, and for that I apologize to all, and especially to @David Taulbee. I was triggered by the term "social poison" and reacted as if he was someone of a certain... well, I'll just drop it. I'm sorry. I was wrong to make an assumption and then jump all over David, and I'm sorry for doing such and for bringing conservative vs liberal politics into it, which I've since removed from my response post. It's my natural inclination to see almost everything through a sociopolitical lense (I'd probably be a Blue if I was an Aes Sedai -- well that or a Brown with my scholarly leanings; I waver between the two, can't I just be both?!?!?). I've been a bit of a pain in the arse for @SinisterDeath in this aspect a couple of times now, and I apologize to him as well. Sorry Sin. I'll try to behave.

All that said, I still think people just need to calm down, stop making assumptions of their own, and have a little faith in Rafe & Co. and trust that they know what in the Dark One's Prison they are doing. Just wait to see how the show plays out before you frakking freak out.span widget

Edited by SinisterDeath

• 4 months later...
On 10/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, SinisterDeath said:

Look for, as in making things that aren't political, into a political issue. 'Cause showing anything, in any media, that isn't straight-christian-conservative is apparently pushing the LGBTQ+ SJW agenda.

People were up in arms over Dory and her Pipe Friend.. when there was nothing gay about their relationship. But that was pushing the gay SJW agenda?

Remember that time people were mad about the gay guy in the Beauty in the Beast? Oh my goodness, that was pushing the SJW agenda soo hard. /s

Or the latest crackpot theory about Toy Story 4, claiming Forky was trans. (Hint, Forky isn't)

Those are examples of times people whining about pushing SJW politics into media... when it wasn't.

If a single actor in this show doesn't act masculine enough, people are going to say it's pushing the gay agenda.
If they show anyone dancing or flirting with the same gender, it's pushing  the LGBTQ agenda.
If they show anything, or don't show something, people will claim they are pushing some kind of SJW agenda. 

Yet, I have this hunch, that if this show were to only push straight relationships, and only talk about conservative politics, those same people won't pipe up about politics being injected into the show. Funny right?

I know it's a sin to be straight, white, and male these days for some reason but I was born that way and grew up with Perrin as my fantasy role model. A made a living working with my hands, and generally found his view on life fairly accurate. Hell even my taste in women was influenced by his I think looking at my wife. ? Now they cast him with someone I can't relate to as the same character. I actually look quite a bit like the REAL Perrin, but I just can't see myself in the casting. The guy looks like I could break him in half, amoungst other issues. Sorry but I'm sick of politics ruining my childhood fantasy. It did it to Battlestar Galactica, it did it to The Dark Tower, now much the same is happening to The Wheel of Time and a hate it.

I miss the days when the biggest complaint in fantasy casting with that Hugo Weaving looked too old to be Elrond. I say for the sake of diversity why don't we just cast Rand as an Asian woman. Surely that would be better right? I have absolutely no issue with people of any race or sexual orientation... HOWEVER I have an issue with casting well documented characters just to meet some arbitrary social justice metric. For the love of god just come up with our own story/plot/characters for that and stop ruining existing works.

Simply put I refuse to watch anything that gets SJWafied.

Edited by Jhaerik

• Community Administrator
24 minutes ago, Jhaerik said:

I know it's a sin to be straight, white, and male these days for some reason but I was born that way and grew up with Perrin as my fantasy role model.

It is not a sin to be any of those.

Why does everyone have to have a Persecution complex?

I actually look quite a bit like the REAL Perrin,

The "Real" Perrin?

You can imagine characters in the books however you want.

I guarantee that you don't look anything like how I imagined Perrin looked. Does that mean we cancel each other out?

The guy looks like I could break him in half, amoungst other issues.

How sure of that are you?

You do know, he's hit the gym... Right? He's on that Marvel Super  Hero regime.

Remember Chris Evans before Captain America?

Image result for chris evans before captain america

but I just can't see myself in the casting. 

Interesting thing about that...

Sorry but I'm sick of politics ruining my childhood fantasy.

Who says it's politics?

Sorry. But people that use all these key words like you, are bringing politics into it. Your ruining your own childhood fantasy.

It did it to Battlestar Galactica

Really? I seem to recall that being one of the most popular and highly rated TV shows on the Sci-Fi channel. 

I was never a fan of the original, and never got into the new version. But the new one at least looked less boring.

I say for the sake of diversity why don't we just cast Rand as an Asian woman. Surely that would be better right? I have absolutely no issue with people of any race or sexual orientation... HOWEVER I have an issue with casting well documented characters just to meet some arbitrary social justice metric.

Who says its out of 'social justice'?

Ya'll keep citing it as Woke or SJW garbage. 

Even though there is plenty of evidence within the books that justify the casting beyond Rafe being a Social Justice Warrior. 

Cite me one page that says Perrin is Caucasian. One page that says his skin is white as snow.

Don't bother citing the cover art. The cover art is notoriously inaccurate to the books. (Perrin doesn't have red hair!)

For the love of god just come up with our own story/plot/characters for that and stop ruining existing works.

Funny thing about that.

Ya'll that are all so busy being anti-SJW/Woke/Etc, also fight and trash on those new works to.

Someone comes out with an LGBT comic, or movie? Railroad and trash it on social media. Talk about how bad it is. How SJW it is, why it's ruining children or society.

Hell, look at the majority of the backlash against Birds of Prey. 99% of it has absolutely nothing to do with the acting, the story. It has to do with it being an SJW feminist nightmare. I've still yet to read any critical element about why the movie "sucks" beyond all these key-words that keep getting regurgitated.

its getting pretty toxic here already. its obvious that pushing american pc culture to the forefront of a beloved book series that wasnt at all about romance or race relations or gender identity will be extremely divisive amongst all the fans of this series. make rand gay...who care but if you bring it to the forefront to show how ''woke''you are then your series will fail plain and simple. how would any swjs feel if they made everyone strict christian and same sex relations was forbidden in Randland and that its always brought to the forefront about how sinful it is? you dont want that shit pushed on you and neither do i. compromise and keep the plot of the books to the front. or they go full on identity politics and see every forum about the show become a toxic hate speech platform. 

10 hours ago, Jhaerik said:

I know it's a sin to be straight, white, and male these days for some reason but I was born that way and grew up with Perrin as my fantasy role model. A made a living working with my hands, and generally found his view on life fairly accurate. Hell even my taste in women was influenced by his I think looking at my wife. ? Now they cast him with someone I can't relate to as the same character. I actually look quite a bit like the REAL Perrin, but I just can't see myself in the casting. 

This right here is a sign of emotional, mental and creative deficiency, the lack of ability to identify with "the other." The ability to identify with the "other" is a sign of maturity and humanity, it is what people should be striving for. I am a white, male human. Yet I never had trouble identifying with Hobbits, droids, Elves, black characters, female characters or even aliens with no gender. Why? Because am an emotionally mature human being with an open mind.

If you can't identify with a character that is different from you (be it by race, gender, species, etc), it isn't a problem with the character, it is a problem with YOU. You are the one who has the flaw, not the character, or the one playing the character or the one who cast the actor playing the character, or the one who wrote the character. It is the person who cannot identify with that character who is flawed, who has the problem, who is deficient.

If Jesus Christ existed up in Heaven he would be incredibly ashamed of you right now. And I find it telling that you only have what, two posts to your credit on this forum with this account. That tells me you are someone who just created that account so you could post on this thread and be and be a Trolloc's hind end without revealing your normal account. You're too embarrassed about your views to dare speak them publicly under your standard account because you KNOW how dead wrong you are. You know that this attitude is dispicable, something the likes of Louis Farrakhan or David Duke would say, and you're too ashamed of it to post such a comment under your real account's name.

I dare you, come clean. Post this with your other account... 

Edited by imlad

9 hours ago, imlad said:

This right here is a sign of emotional, mental and creative deficiency, the lack of ability to identify with "the other." The ability to identify with the "other" is a sign of maturity and humanity, it is what people should be striving for. I am a white, male human. Yet I never had trouble identifying with Hobbits, droids, Elves, black characters, female characters or even aliens with no gender. Why? Because am an emotionally mature human being with an open mind.

If you can't identify with a character that is different from you (be it by race, gender, species, etc), it isn't a problem with the character, it is a problem with YOU. You are the one who has the flaw, not the character, or the one playing the character or the one who cast the actor playing the character, or the one who wrote the character. It is the person who cannot identify with that character who is flawed, who has the problem, who is deficient.

If Jesus Christ existed up in Heaven he would be incredibly ashamed of you right now. And I find it telling that you only have what, two posts to your credit on this forum with this account. That tells me you are someone who just created that account so you could post on this thread and be and be a Trolloc's hind end without revealing your normal account. You're too embarrassed about your views to dare speak them publicly under your standard account because you KNOW how dead wrong you are. You know that this attitude is dispicable, something the likes of Louis Farrakhan or David Duke would say, and you're too ashamed of it to post such a comment under your real account's name.

I dare you, come clean. Post this with your other account... 

I've been Jhaerik online since 1997 or so when I first started playing The Realm Online.  Hell a simple Google search will trace it back to 2005 or so. As far as I know no one else on the entire planet uses this name. I've read and reread WoT man times over the years and had lost several of the books moving. While searching around online to see if I could find something cheaper than Amazon, dragonmount popped up in my search. I've known of this website, but had never visited it before. I didn't know there was going to be a TV series until I read about it here.

What you've said sounds delusional. It's a prime example of the SJW crap I'm so tired of hearing. You are one of those people that thinks everyone that disagrees with you is some kind of horrible bigot. There is no problem with ME I'm just who I am. It's a TV series not a cult/religion. If I don't like the casting then I'm going to say I don't. I like my Superman white and male, I like my Wonder Woman greek and female, I like my Storm black and female, I like my Aang male and Asian, I like my Hulk green and angry. Why the heck would I now want my WoT characters to fit their descriptions from the books?

Would it make sense to make a movie about the life of Martin Luther King Jr. and cast Ryan Reynolds as Martin? I don't think so.

Edited by Jhaerik

50 minutes ago, Jhaerik said:

What you've said sounds delusional. It's a prime example of the SJW crap I'm so tired of hearing. You are one of those people that thinks everyone that disagrees with you is some kind of horrible bigot. There is no problem with ME I'm just who I am. It's a TV series not a cult/religion. If I don't like the casting then I'm going to say I don't. I like my Superman white and male, I like my Wonder Woman greek and female, I like my Storm black and female, I like my Aang male and Asian, I like my Hulk green and angry. Why the heck would I now want my WoT characters to fit their descriptions from the books?

Would it make sense to make a movie about the life of Martin Luther King Jr. and cast Ryan Reynolds as Martin? I don't think so.

1) Only bigots have any reason to use the term "SJW crap," so you might want to reconsider using that phrase in the future. Only those threatened by the concept of equality fear social justice and those willing to stand up for it. So why do  you have a problem with SJWs? How do they threaten you, what do they stand for that threatens you so much? You mentioned Storm, Superman, Wonder Woman. Basically all SJWs.

2) Please, provide textual evidence from the books showing where Perrin, Nynaeve and Egwene are all described as being white. I'll wait. We'll be here a long time waiting of course, but I'll wait. While I am waiting, how did you feel about Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine? You must really have hated seeing him play that character for so long, right? I mean, some guy, standing over 6' tall playing the 5'2", 5'3" character must really have gotten under your skin. I bet you never watched a single one of those movies, huh? And you probably never watched the television show Arrow, because Oliver Queen never had that mandatory goatee and mustache, or even that yellow-blond hair. And of course, The Flash is out, because we all know Barry Allen isn't some skinny 20-something, he's a well muscled guy a bit older than that, and Iris West isn't black either. Hey, did you find that proof in the books yet that the people in the Two Rivers are white? Why don't you go read the scene when Rand meets Elaida and Morgase in Caemlyn and see what they have to say about skin tone there; I seem to remember people bringing that scene up a lot when this discussion first happened in the weeks right after the casting occurred. I'll just go back to watching my telly until you respond with the results (I'm actually expecting you to go look: EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS REQUIRE EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE, and claiming that they are white, just because you say so, is pretty extraordinary, so I expect evidence... all you need to do is find your copy of The Eye of the World and look for the scene in the palace in Caemlyn... shouldn't be too hard...)

(((Ignore this Quoting Box above, I accidentally pasted something from another post I did and now I cannot get rid of this frame, only what was in it)))

3) Unlike most people on the internet, I'm adult enough to admit when I am wrong about something. I will take you at your word what you said about your screen name and your history (I know all about having a pretty unique screen name, and having it for a long time). For my assumption, I apologise. For everything I said directly connected to that assumption, I apologise. I hope you are adult enough to accept those two apologies.

That, however, does not change my opinion of your stated opinion and attitude as it comes across in the text of your comments.

Edited by imlad

1 hour ago, imlad said:

1) Only bigots have any reason to use the term "SJW crap," so you might want to reconsider using that phrase in the future. Only those threatened by the concept of equality fear social justice and those willing to stand up for it. So why do  you have a problem with SJWs? How do they threaten you, what do they stand for that threatens you so much? You mentioned Storm, Superman, Wonder Woman. Basically all SJWs.

2) Please, provide textual evidence from the books showing where Perrin, Nynaeve and Egwene are all described as being white. I'll wait. We'll be here a long time waiting of course, but I'll wait. While I am waiting, how did you feel about Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine? You must really have hated seeing him play that character for so long, right? I mean, some guy, standing over 6' tall playing the 5'2", 5'3" character must really have gotten under your skin. I bet you never watched a single one of those movies, huh? And you probably never watched the television show Arrow, because Oliver Queen never had that mandatory goatee and mustache, or even that yellow-blond hair. And of course, The Flash is out, because we all know Barry Allen isn't some skinny 20-something, he's a well muscled guy a bit older than that, and Iris West isn't black either. Hey, did you find that proof in the books yet that the people in the Two Rivers are white? Why don't you go read the scene when Rand meets Elaida and Morgase in Caemlyn and see what they have to say about skin tone there; I seem to remember people bringing that scene up a lot when this discussion first happened in the weeks right after the casting occurred. I'll just go back to watching my telly until you respond with the results (I'm actually expecting you to go look: EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS REQUIRE EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE, and claiming that they are white, just because you say so, is pretty extraordinary, so I expect evidence... all you need to do is find your copy of The Eye of the World and look for the scene in the palace in Caemlyn... shouldn't be too hard...)

(((Ignore this Quoting Box above, I accidentally pasted something from another post I did and now I cannot get rid of this frame, only what was in it)))

3) Unlike most people on the internet, I'm adult enough to admit when I am wrong about something. I will take you at your word what you said about your screen name and your history (I know all about having a pretty unique screen name, and having it for a long time). For my assumption, I apologise. For everything I said directly connected to that assumption, I apologise. I hope you are adult enough to accept those two apologies.

That, however, does not change my opinion of your stated opinion and attitude as it comes across in the text of your comments.

1) No bigots spout SJW crap all day, every day. Everyone has their own ideas about what's socially acceptable. Bigots are the one that won't accept anyone elses viewpoint but their own. I don't care what your views on what's socially acceptable are. Think however you want, I'll think how I want, and I believe my hearts in the right place as I sure you do about your own. I'm sick and tired of people trying to tell me I'm wrong because I don't think exactly like they do. I'm SICK of bigotry. I'm sick of not being able to dislike a casting because I don't think they look the part and every variation I'm sure you can imagine.

2) Basically you present me with the question "close your eyes and tell me what color this is." That's not how evidence works. Look at any cover, any comic, the role playing game book or any other source you want and they all have rather similar depictions of how the characters look. Are you actually telling me that Jordan has absolutely NOTHING to do with choosing the cover art, or other depictions of characters done for Wheel of Time related projects? To use your own standard of question I ask you this, can you provide me a single reference to Jordan ever stating that that the cover art was wrong? I mean do you think the man never looked at his own books? You'd think he might have mentioned to the artist "No, No, No, that's all wrong. Perrin is black." Also the scene with Morgase was just her pointing out Rand has red hair and paler than usual skin. "Aiel are ginger. News at 11."

IF you want to see Jordan describes a black character then by all means reference Tuon. Okay? Mat mentions it several times. I wonder why he never notices Perrin or Nynaeve being black. Maybe Mat is actually extremely nearsighted? Is this proof?

3) I accept your apology wholeheartedly.  Just understand that I'm upset because from my viewpoint it's just another franchise I enjoyed about to take a dump by trying to shove equality down my throat. I'm a pretty terrible example of a person to label a bigot. (Yes I understand what's to follow tends to get the stereotypical response of "well just because you have a X-minorty/gender/sexuality here X doesn't mean..." I don't care. It's what I think so I'm saying it. My wife's family is Jewish, my best friend is gay, my kids cousins are half back, my dad's half Cherokee... None of that matters. I just want Perrin and the rest of the cast to at least KIND of resemble the established general appearance they've been portrayed as for decades.

Also why is Moiraine being played by someone who is 5'9''? Are you seriously telling me they couldn't find a single female actress on the planet who was under 5'6''? Unless they pull a LOTR and whip out some crazt camera angles a 5'9'' Moiraine is going to look ridiculous standing next to a 6'2'' Rand. It just shows a disregard for the source material. The truth is they are casting these characters being going down a list of "what color don't we have in our bag of skittles" because if you don't do that these days people go nuts. That is exactly what I see time and time again for anything made these days.

One last thing. The only reason I would watch this series to begin with... is the visuals. I already know the damn plot. They have literally three jobs with the TV series.  1) Cutting down 10,000 pages into something manageable. 2) Finding actors that can read the lines without sounding like they are coming out of a highschool drama club. 3) Making sure that the actors/scenery look like the damn characters. That's it. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Edited by Jhaerik

as seen above this show will fail if it puts american pc culture in the forefront over the plot in the books. people get angry when you dont think the same as them instead of trying to discuss it breaks out into full blown emotional argument with the words ''bigots'' and ''racist'' and ''alt-right-far-left'' KEEP AMERICAN PC CULTURE AWAY FROM WOT.

37 minutes ago, AB0L1SH33D said:

as seen above this show will fail if it puts american pc culture in the forefront over the plot in the books. people get angry when you dont think the same as them instead of trying to discuss it breaks out into full blown emotional argument with the words ''bigots'' and ''racist'' and ''alt-right-far-left'' KEEP AMERICAN PC CULTURE AWAY FROM WOT.

Tell that to the casting director. ?

6 minutes ago, Jhaerik said:

Tell that to the casting director. ?

i have no issues with the casting for the show. my biggest gripe about it would be the guy playing perrin is a bit thin for a blacksmith but as along as they all play the part they were given and can immerse me into the world jordan created ill be very happy. Jordan didnt include racial/gender/religous plots in his story and it should 100% remain that way. if i see a drag queen on the show im going to lose interest. if i see a christian crusade im going to lose interest. if i see someone being mistreated in the plot because of their skin color im going to lose interest. i dont mind at all if they have any same sex couples in the plot as long as its not going to be centered around that as neither is hetero sexual plots. jordan wasnt known for writing good romance sequences and im perfectly fine they tweak that and add it to the scripts. just dont push it so hard to show how ''woke'' you are looking for praise from a minority of people who want to see that ideology push on to everyone. like i said before these people who want to push idealiology into WOT would flip their shit if they pushed Jordans christian religion onto them. everyone who loves the books love them for what they are. why alienate any group of people and risk popularizing the show. keep it true to the books and EVERYONE is pleased.