DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Movie Battle Tournament (Last Round on Page 9)

Emperor

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone noticed that kait ends up voting for the winner? 8) just saaaaaying. *cough*

it has to be Star Wars. Gladiator was awesome, but look at what SW did for science-fiction. it was the pre-LotR push & the pre-WoT push by extension. or it was in my world.

I must vote for Gladiator. I never liked the 'sci-fi' movie themes. SW had some great character plots, whilst Gladiator was mostly history (well, not really, but you get my point.)

Gladiator has my vote :P

Guest Emperor

Star Wars leads 5 - 2. You have until about mid-day to cast your votes. (I just get excited about posting the new Versus)

Also, if you have a great idea for a versus, please feel free to pm me. I do have about 5 more in mind. Once we burn through this thread and declare a winner, I plan to roll out Genre Tournaments.

Guest Emperor

Star Wars wins out over Gladiator... and one of the mighty contenders falls.

Next up comes our Horror Battle Royal...

Alien

alie.jpg

vs

Jaws

jaws.gif

Guest Yveva

dammit! I haven't watched either of these, so I'm not qualified to answer :(

but I would have voted for Star Wars. Gladiator didn't have a popular-breakfast-food shaped hairstyle.

Guest Cadsuane
dammit! I haven't watched either of these' date=' so I'm not qualified to answer :([/quote']

Ditto. But, as incentive for other people to vote in this round, I will watch whichever one wins! :P

Gladiator didn't have a popular-breakfast-food shaped hairstyle.
LOL! Excellent point. 8)

Guest Barmacral

My parents own a VCR. Its in better shape than the DVD player that my siblings and I got them for christmas a few years ago. (I wasn't old enough to drive when we did, so getting the DVD player was an adventure in itself)

Guest Cadsuane

I own one! I almost never use it. If I got around to finding DVD replacements of the 2 VHS items I watch, I'd dump it completely. If I move anytime soon, I might do it anyway... *ponders*

Guest Emperor

Ok, for those of you that have never watched Jaws or Alien... or Aliens.... rent them. Jaws is a classic and was wonderfully done. Alien/Aliens.... Aliens may be one of the only sequels (other than the Godfather) that was better than its original in my opinion.

I will leave this one going for another day or so for those that want to weigh in.

Jaws is leading 2-1 atm.

empy is right about jaws being a classic & aliens being pivotal in its own right. the thing about those series though is it makes it harder to separate each from the rest of the interpretations. & sometimes that's an advantage & sometimes that's a disadvantage.

in this case, the alien movies are too varied in their scope & range.

i vote jaws.

... & if anyone laughs at the agreement - i will light-schmang him. if it's a her i will laugh, too.

Guest Emperor

Excellent Jaws wins. On to the next competition.

I figured I would give 300 a chance to go somewhere, so here we go.

300_Poster2.jpg

vs.

Braveheart

braveheart.jpg

Archived