DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question About Aes Sedai Training with Warders

Lavinya

I wasn't entirely sure who I should direct this to so thought I'd ask it here. Obviously we had very strict rules re training and being assigned mentors and the like back in the day because we had a lot of people to accommodate. Right now my character is learning some basics (much like the requirement for WS0-1) out of necessity from her accompanying Tower Guard. Long story short, she still has irrational fear of the dream world after being pulled into it and experiencing unsavoury things while bonded at the BT and obviously she can't channel there. The idea is she can learn some basics so if it ever happened again she would have a tiny bit of skill to defend herself.

My big question is - could this be used as an 'official' training thread, so I can get the credit for it? It's definitely not the traditional be assigned a mentor train in the yards sort of RP but it will serve the same purpose. It's not finished, but you can read it here:

Thoughts? I'm ok with a big fat no, the RP is for personal development anyway but I thought it was logical to get some credit too, assuming that was allowed. :)

In Kath's absence, I can't see a problem with assigning Corin/tisme as your mentor (or temporary mentor while you're travelling) in order to get credit. That's with @_Kynwric_'s agreement of course. It sounds like you could probably cover one or both of the following with sufficient posts/detail:

WS0 – WS1: Meeting the mentor, Weapon Selection/Handling/Care of weapons

WS1 – WS2: Basic Physical overview: Basic Fitness, Basic Movement

As an aside, with the number of people active, I am not going to be particularly strict on mentors. Use an active WY character for advancement RPs, try and mix it up some for flavor among those of full rank. If you think you might need permission, ask... I'm far more likely to say yes before hand than afterwards. But I'm not going to change the rules, either, so if it becomes an issue again we already have the process in place. 

• 1 month later...

So the thread is finished, do I need to report somewhere special to have it looked at/stamped with approval? Pretty confident we covered both WS 0-1 and WS 1-2 in the thread (we tend to get very verbose in our posts!).

Technically your points are still awarded by Kat, but both RP Groups need a record of your training. An email should go to wtdiv@dragonmount.com and also to warderdiv@dragonmount.com with a link to the relevant training thread and a note of the WS increases that you're requesting approval for. 

• Arie locked this topic