DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blue Aes Sedai Seeking A Warder

This is about what I have so far, do you think he would fit well with Kira? I haven't come to design his look yet.

Ivo Pylos

Tall Illianer. Red-faced, caring yet pessimistic. Plays an instrument. Likes cats, from whom he learned how to stare unnervingly. Has unruly hair and is always eager to reach inns because they have baths. Dresses in a lot of grey and generally less classy than he is entitled to.

Character concept I can flesh out in a few hours but I won't have a lot of time to sketch a good image until maybe sunday??

Edited by LadyGreyfist

Bear in mind this will be a new, entry level character and to Bond, a Warder Yard character needs to have a WS of 7 or above. There's also no active Warders RGL so please let me know if/when you submit a bio for approval otherwise nobody will know it's there.

This is about what I have so far, do you think he would fit well with Kira? I haven't come to design his look yet.

Ivo Pylos

Tall Illianer. Red-faced, caring yet pessimistic. Plays an instrument. Likes cats, from whom he learned how to stare unnervingly. Has unruly hair and is always eager to reach inns because they have baths. Dresses in a lot of grey and generally less classy than he is entitled to.

Character concept I can flesh out in a few hours but I won't have a lot of time to sketch a good image until maybe sunday??

He'd probably get along well with Kira!

With regards to plans, I'm willing to work with you on that.  I need someone to write with!

Okay, so just a thought, little back story for Ivo maybe. Okay, so maybe he is currently with a merchant caravan, he's not the primary merchant, but his brother in law is. So he's kind of aimless, his family having been moderately well to do merchants but him? Not so much. He's too practical and pessimistic and really is total pants at convincing someone that something is worth more than what he thinks it is. His sister is soooo much better at it and she married a man who has a silver tongue and his family is all; "yeah, how about you go with his caravan for a while rather than your father's? Maybe you can learn something from someone else?" Or at least hoping that he can make a living with his brother in law's help because he just kind of is Meh about the whole thing. He prefers to read or play music rather than sell wares. They're hoping that his brother in law can shape him into something or at least make use of that ridiculously wasteful brute strength Ivo has. Like, burn me the man is the size of a bloody mountain. So he ends up kind of just playing Merchant guard to his brother in law and Kira encounters him there and something happens and he proves himself useful for something and that is being her warder, albeit a grouchy one. But who knows, maybe his cool grouching is a fine compliment to her hot temper??? 

After much deliberation, that instrument that he plays would be an ocarina. I think the high tune of the instrument would be a fun juxtaposition. 

Edited by LadyGreyfist

Her hot temper is significantly cooled now lol. She was taught the hard way. That might work. I don't think him getting injured would work. She wouldn't bond him without his consent. I'm hoping that you can become a warder without having to train in the warders yard, but I'm not sure on the rules there.

He looks good btw. Also he'll have to talk with the Illian accent - if I see no "do bes" I'll be disappointed lol

'Do no be fretting over his dialogue. By my aged grandmother! I do no be thinking there will be any slips unless I do be horribly tired. But I do proofread in the morning if I do be writing tired. Which be always. Haha!'

That is a good question though because in the STORY not all warders come from the yard. New spring even suggests many aes sedai go to the borderland to find a warder and they typically have never been to tar valon. If it makes more sense for Kira to find a warder in the wild and as there currently is no one active in the Yard she said I can ask her what she thinks? Kira may just not have a well trained warden at first. Or he can start with some skills and the bond boost his stamina and stats a bit???

Edited by LadyGreyfist

True. That's not to say that they can't have one adventure while he gets better and trains and by the end of it if he's a 7 they can bond. I'm going to see if I can find the algorithm for figuring out leveling up so he can play through those requirement even if not in the yard? I'll look into that first then pm Tay for her thoughts on how to stay true to kira's character to be unlikely to warder hunt in the Yard for plot reasons.

Bonds aren't entered into lightly because their effects within the RP can have far reaching results and impact many other storylines. 

A Warder Yard character with a WS of 7+, or any other fighter character with a WS of 8+ may become a Warder. Note that Wolfkin, Ogier, Seanchan, Sea Folk and Aiel can't be Warders at all.

You can read the White Tower rules on Bonding here: http://whitetower.aliciawilkerson.com/aes-sedai-ajahs/bonding/

You don't have to be a Warder Yard character but that makes the WS higher.

A Warder Yard character with a Weapon Score of 7, or any other fighter character with a Weapons Score of 8 or more may become a Warder. Exceptions to that are Wolfkin, Ogier, Seanchan, Sea Folk and Aiel who can't be Warders at all.

Is there an article in one place that details the algorithm for calculating weapon's scores? And the steps needed to reach each new score? Well, rping fighting and such what is those steps I know, but for planning the plot purposes if there is an algorithm that all the admins or mods use to help determined these things it'd be handy to know it to plan their skill development and plot together. I feel dumb asking because I'm sure they're SOMEWHERE here but after 45 minutes of hunting I just can't find them. I LOVE the table and page for the Dreamwalkers. If for some reason it's not all consolidated into one place or there are no charts for them pleeeeease let me know if you want charts done. Give me your criteria. I LOVE LOVE LOVE making charts to track data because it is satisfying to my OCD.  

*peeking in once more just to say how I like that drawing*

I wanted my AS to have some kind of weapon score as well, but I don't want to hijack this thread :tongue: