DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Please help my friend Janet!

Hi friends. I don’t really do charity runs or challenges but I have a cause that could really use your help. I met my friend Janet about 14 years ago while playing Diablo II with an online community (The Amazon Basin). We became quick friends, but after a short time Janet fell ill. During these many years, I have witnessed Janet endure many hardships regarding both her health and personal life, overcoming obstacle after obstacle with unwavering spirit and determination. However, her health has continued to deteriorate and while she continues to fight, she’s at the point where she desperately needs our help. Janet recently found out that her former employer has changed the terms of their health insurance coverage and that she would no longer be covered. Living on disability pay alone, Janet was already struggling to pay rent, groceries, and medical expenses. Now she faces impending eviction and is not able to afford her medication. So I’m asking you for any help or support you could contribute to help Janet live. You can find more details and donate on her GoFundMe campaign here. Alternatively, if you are unable to donate, please share with this post or link with others who might be able to offer help. Finally, you can always leave a message of support on the campaign or on this Facebook page; she would love to read them! 

Here is a short video she made describing some of the struggles she is facing:

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help in advance.

This is very challenging for one person to do this alone. :(

She is on disability? Does she have Medicaid coverage? In addition, drug companies offer assistance with obtaining medication at low or no cost. Has she spoken with a hospital social worker? They can be very helpful with obtaining assistance. I'm not saying the Gofundme is a bad idea, it's just that other help could be out there too.

• 4 weeks later...

This is very challenging for one person to do this alone. :(

She is on disability? Does she have Medicaid coverage? In addition, drug companies offer assistance with obtaining medication at low or no cost. Has she spoken with a hospital social worker? They can be very helpful with obtaining assistance. I'm not saying the Gofundme is a bad idea, it's just that other help could be out there too.

Hi Ryrin,

Sorry for the delay. She is on disability but her company is dropping her from their insurance coverage. She is trying to get on Medicaid but is sight-impaired and hasn't been provided the assistance she should have access to in order to complete the forms. She spends most of her day on the phone with various agencies so I know there are a lot of resources she has exhausted. She has just posted a new video with more details about her situation. She could really use all and any help anyone has to offer. Thanks guys.

https://www.gofundme.com/PleaseHelpJanet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...