DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hard copy first editions

WoTwifey

I am looking to find a first edition for my fiance of Eye of the World.  Even better if signed.

I've been browsing Ebay and also Abebooks.  Any ideas?

He has a few hard copies, but mostly paperbacks and for his last readings he has only been doing with his Kindle.  I know he would love a full nice hard copy set, but those seem pricey.

Thanks!

I am looking to find a first edition for my fiance of Eye of the World.  Even better if signed.

If you are looking for a 1st 1st then expect to pay around $500ish for one in good condition unsigned, signed upwards of that depending on condition. Be careful of signed copies on ebay though as there is atleast one fake EotW latter printing on there at the moment.

example of 1st 1st:

s-l1600.jpg

A true first edition would be the Eye of the world ARC but they are kind of hard to find or expensive... I was lucky to find mine and take it for Harriet to sign at the AMoL tour.

Though some collectors don't collect or want ARCs so really depends on the person. Though I find them cool to have since they have the errors or typos some of the first public edition versions don't... Though I usually ALSO have a regular copy along with an ARC when I come across them at the used book stores.

well it's black and white and genuine leather not green bonded leather so mimicking...no(if it mimics anything it's the aSoIaF UK limited editions, which is what I based the design off). Collectible to serious collectors...no. Does it look great on my shelf next to my complete leatherbound set...yes  :wink: .

mDcZoubmltzbL1zTjRs8emg.jpg

Archived