DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

IWW - Equal Rights (Discussion)

Hayl3y

A little thought about what happens at my kids school

The kids can do chores at noon for the teachers and they get paid for that. What  they do is quite easy : wash some dishes, clean up the tables, tidy up the place where they eat. Since the beginning of the year it seems that the only volunteers are girls... :tongue:

When i asked one of my daughters why she replied : well the boys they have to go out to play football.

no comment on that one lolol

eek.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on the kind of leave they take. Some are paid some not. WIth the parental leave for example you are paid 700 $ a month instead of your regular pay. So you have to think twice when you take it. With some other leaves you are fully paid and with some others, you aren't.

But we have pretty low pensions, it is not rare to have females with 800 $ a month (i tried to convert) to live... when a retirement home cost more than 1200 $ a month...As the men take less leaves, they tend to have a better pension. For a lot of my colleagues, it is normal for the female to take care of the kids and for the male to pursue his career.

Even when working, I had primary care of my sons.  If they were sick, I stayed home.  My husband works in a job 45 minutes away and the nature of the job means he can't take a partial day off like I can for a Dr. appointment and he must take the whole day.

same here !

I work very close to the kids school/day care. When they are sick, i am the one who gets them at school. Also as i am a civil servant, it is easier for me to take time off to take care of them (my hubby works for a private company).

Depends on the kind of leave they take. Some are paid some not. WIth the parental leave for example you are paid 700 $ a month instead of your regular pay. So you have to think twice when you take it. With some other leaves you are fully paid and with some others, you aren't.

But we have pretty low pensions, it is not rare to have females with 800 $ a month (i tried to convert) to live... when a retirement home cost more than 1200 $ a month...As the men take less leaves, they tend to have a better pension. For a lot of my colleagues, it is normal for the female to take care of the kids and for the male to pursue his career.

Even when working, I had primary care of my sons.  If they were sick, I stayed home.  My husband works in a job 45 minutes away and the nature of the job means he can't take a partial day off like I can for a Dr. appointment and he must take the whole day.

same here !

I work very close to the kids school/day care. When they are sick, i am the one who gets them at school. Also as i am a civil servant, it is easier for me to take time off to take care of them (my hubby works for a private company).

My husband works for the State of California.  I work for a private no profit that contracts with the State of California and I get state benefits too.  I never minded staying home with sick kiddos.

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived