DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Star Wars Week: The Extended Universe

WolfbrotherKronos

When Disney bought Star Wars, they decided that all of the Extended Universe stuff is no longer canon :dry:

However, they have continued to allow the novels to be published under the Legends banner.  There are also many games under the Star Wars name.  Do you read or play any of them.  Feel free to share them here. 

I'm going to start with the novels that I enjoy.  There are many of them - so I'll only share a few for now :happy:

I was always interested in the Sith, so that is why I read the Darth Bane Trilogy.  Darth Bane was the Sith Lord that instituted the Rule of Two - the reason why there are only two Sith at a time.

A very popular choice is the Thrawn Trilogy - A great set of reads introducing one of the best characters ever - Grand Admiral Thrawn!

I recently read "A New Dawn"  This novel is actually considered canon.  I believe it is the first novel made after Disney bought it and it's sort of a precursor to the TV show Rebels.

The farthest I've gotten into any sort of "extended universe" is the Clone Wars tv show, and that's only a few sporadic episodes.

I want to get into the Old Republic games. I'll admit that I find all of the books a bit daunting :P suggested starting place for that?

in the old 
Legends series   start with Truce at Bakura   picks up straight from jedi.

then try Courtship of Princess Leia then the Xwing series   Rogue Squadron at least and then the Thrawn Series

then there some sub series  on Han  3 books.  3 books where they have their kids and go to tyhe Corellian system  and then the Jedi Academy series

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived