DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] LOST

Yveva

Guest Emperor

First some Lost connections

Mikhail Bakunin (1814-1876) was a well-known Russian revolutionary and anarchist philosopher. He "rejected governing systems in every name and shape", every authority figure, including God, or a sovereign. By extension, he rejected the notions of a "privileged class".

Interesting connection. In 1967 Nadia Elena Comaneci joined a newly formed gym club, "The Flame"

Everything else had the Flame logo on it except the drinks.

swandrinks.jpg

Here is the dialogue between Klugh and Mikail:

Woman: Mikhail! You know what to do. Mikhail: We still have another way. Woman: We cannot risk. Woman: You know what to do. Mikhail: We still have another way. Woman: We cannot risk. You know the conditions. Mikhail: We have another way. Woman: They know us. We will ot let them [unintelligible]. You know what to do. It is an order. Mikhail: But we still have another way! (pause) I'm sorry! (shoots)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who keeps resupplying the island if Dhrama is not around?

The Hanso Foundation, the DHARMA Initiative's backers and financiers. DHARMA no longer exists, but the Hanso Foundation remains an ongoing concern in the outside world.

Interesting revelation from this interview with the producers. The background info from the Lost Experience - the Valenzetti Equation, the DHARMA Initiative and what it stands for (Department of Heuristics And Research on Material Applications), the story of how Magnus Hanso and the Black Rock disappeared and so forth - is all 100% canon. The modern-day stuff with Mittelwerk, Alvar Hanso and Rachel Blake is not canon (because the TV show Lost exists as a TV show in that part of the game). Thus people should forget about the 2004/2006 time anomaly because it's irrelevant.

Guest Emperor

sorry need white background...

What’s it called?

“Par Avion.”

What does TV Guide say?

“Claire becomes suspicious of Charlie when he behaves strangely after she comes up with an idea that could get everybody rescued; tension mounts between Sayid and Locke as they continue their trek to rescue Jack. Christian Shephard: John Terry.”

What did last week’s promo say?

“Next Wednesday,” the announcer hints, “a surprise connection between two of these survivors will be revealed.”

“Why are you really here?” asks Sayid

“What the hell is going on?” asks Claire.

“And the search party encounters its most deadly obstacle yet,” teases the announcer.

“Looks like we’re here,” says Locke

“What is it?” asks Kate.

“Looks like an alarm system,” replies Sayid. “Or a trap. Don’t touch it! John! John!!”

“Aaaaauuugghhhh!” screams one-eyed Mikhail?

“Oh my God!” exclaims Kate.

Who gets the flashbacks?

Claire. We get to see her in her Goth phase. Since Jack’s dad returns this week, is it possible the surprise connection is between Jack and Claire?

I heard Sayid was Nikki’s nephew.

No you didn’t.

Do we get back to Jack and The Others?

Apparently, since ABC lists M.C. Gainey (Zeke Friendly aka Tom) among the guest cast.

Does Charlie die this week?

We don’t know. The current flashback batting order is said to be this:

3.12 Claire

3.13 Locke

3.14 NikkiPaulo

3.15 Kate

3.16 Juliet

3.17 Desmond

3.18 JinSun

Was that really “Take A Sh*t Guy” playing the giant Persian man-god Xerxes in “300”?

Rodrigo Santoro. He’s from Brazil!

Is Bai Ling in this episode?

We don’t know.

What else is TV Guide not telling us?

Claire is a raven-haired teen in her flashbacks. One of the guest cast plays “man at crash site.”

So Desmond makes no predictions this week?

We don’t know.

How does it end, spoiler-boy?

We don’t know.

Whatcha got on future episodes?

BEWARE!! MAJOR SPOILERS HO!!

* Shades of Lancelot trying to save Galahad in “Holy Grail”! Kate could learn at the end of tonight’s episode that Jack is now all friendly with The Others.

* Next week deals with how Locke got in the chair. "I was afraid it'd be anticlimactic," Terry O'Quinn tells Entertainment Weekly. "It's not. It's pretty stunning. You're gonna go, 'Man, no wonder this guy wants to stay here!'"

* Shannon, Boone, Ethan and Arzt all turn up in the NikkiPaulo flashbacks. And Billy Dee Williams makes his “Lost” debut as “Mr. LaShade.”

* Carlton Cuse tells TV Guide’s Michael Ausiello that Claire will soon learn Charlie engineered Sun’s “kidnapping” all those episodes ago.

* ABC’s literature on the Kate episode suggests Ms. Austin will go on the run with Juliet after learning that “one of her own” has betrayed her to The Others.

* We’ll see more of Penny in Desmond’s flashbacks, according to E!’s Kristin Veitch.

Guest Yveva

oooh! I finally rigged up my ethernet cable so that I can be online in my living room. Woot!! So this I am posting *during* Lost. Shiney!

And this is the best episode in recent memory! More than one plotline going on, and nice buildup of suspense. A flashback that actually means something! whoda thunkit.

Yeah, good episode. Claire is probably the most under-used character on the whole show so it's good to see her getting some screen time, especially as de Ravin is a pretty good actress and did some fine work in this episode.

The question is do Jack and Claire ever find out? Or is it just left unresolved? That would suck on the one hand, but on the other it would be difficult for them to find out, especially since Claire doesn't know her father's name. Maybe the monster animates Jack's dad again and Claire sees him? Or they find his corpse now that smokey is done with it?

Next week a big Locke flashback, which is interesting. Sounds like Mikhail might have encountered Locke before, but then why did Locke not recognise him? Or did he recognise him and just keep schtum about it? And did Locke kill Mikhail deliberately to keep his secret? Why, since Rose already knows and it may convince others of Locke's renewed faith in the island?

Probably a bit too soon to say that Lost is getting back on form, but certainly it's the best its been in a year or so.

I also liked Claire's plan for getting a message off the island. I'd heard about this in spoilers and thought it would be a bit lame, like Bernard's plan last year, but this was quite intelligent. I wonder if anyone ever finds the message and, given the island is apparently invisible to the outside world and now unreachable since the beacon is off, what they can do about it?

Ok I missed the last two minutes... because... I fell asleep. What happened?

Kate, Sayid, Locke and Danielle found Otherville (the township we saw in the first episode of the season) and they see a game of football between Jack and Tom going on. The insinuation is that Jack has been 'turned'.

Erm, that is, he's now friendly to the Others, not that he's batting on Tom's team. Although that would be an unexpected plot development...

Guest Yveva

I bet Claire and Jack find out just before one of them dies.

I'm surprised no one's commented about the revelation about the "list" to John, Kate, Sayid and Rousseau. Is it possible that Jack's now allowed to join with the Others because he has earned his place with them?

Guest Emperor

Ah yes the List

My first thought was... Heroes?

We have known of the list for quite some time. Ben asked Ethan about it at the beginning of this season. I also like knowing that Ben is not the leader.

Guest Cadsuane

Didn't we learn about a list ages ago when we saw the Tailies first few days on the island?? The list dictated who was to be taken from the Tailies, if I recall.

Guest Yveva

we have known about it for a long time. But this time he actually said WHY some of our main characters weren't chosen. (Did I mention I totally believe that Locke threw him against the fence to keep his secret safe?) I'm hoping for a big reveal next episode, where we find out that Locke wasn't a wuss before coming to the island, perhaps there was something shady about him.

Also, will our intrepid Losties give any further consideration to the list?

Guest Cadsuane

Hm, that's a good thought about John's motivation for inadvertently killing Patchface. Although, he couldn't have known for sure that Patchy was lying about the fence being out of commission. I was under the impression that he did it to discover precisely that, and that Patchface was the most expendable of the group, in John's eyes.

Guest Yveva

yes. And if the fence wasn't working Patchy might run for it and the other losties would be forced to shoot him. It definitely seemed like a diversion.

Guest Cadsuane

Why do you think both Patchy and woman he shot both were glad to be killed? She demanded it of him, and he said "Thank you" to Locke as Locke pushed him?.

Also, did anyone else call that the "new American doctor" the nurse mentions to Claire was gonna be Jack's dad, before we saw him? :P

Guest Yveva

at first I just heard American, not doctor, and I hadn't read the spoiler, so I thought it was maybe the same guy who funded Juliet's research, y'know?

Maybe there are dire consequences for failure? Or they were somehow on the fringes of Others' society? or they want off the (&@#$ island?

I'm in the "dire consequenses" camp. I'm thinking that these people are terrified of what will happen to them or their families off island if they fail or tell anything. Either that, or they've all be lied to about the lenght of time that they'd be there and they are Desperate for Any reason to be off, Death included.

And yeah, for the first time in the entire series, I actually called something before it happened. I figured it would be Jack's dad in that hospital room.

Now the next question is, Does Sawyer Know that Claire and Jack are half siblings??? He did have a deep converstaion that borders on a liquid truth moment with Jack's dad. They could have talked about it and we just haven't seen that portion of the flashback yet. Don't I remember that Sawyer kept quiet about knowing Jack's dad for a bit after he figured it out? I bet he'd keep that quiet if he knew.

Next week's episode is supposed to be 'The Gamechanger', which is a monumental episode that throws a lot of what we thought we knew about the series into extreme doubt. This is the episode where the film cans got accidentally got X-rayed at Hawaii's airport resulting in several scenes being erased, so they went back and filmed them again.

I've been pondering the notion that the Others are jailers. There is something on the island they don't want to escape into the outside world, some force they don't want disturbed (probably related to the EMP pulse that caused problems at the end of Season 2). DHARMA's presence on the island was a danger as their experiments may have nearly allowed the force to escape, so the Others had to put them out of operation (regardless that DHARMA's study of the Valenzetti Equation was designed to save the world, and explaining why the Valenzetti/Lost Experience storyline is irrelevant to the overall Lost story on the island as the producers have said). This also explains why they call Othersville 'The Barracks' (Others not on active guard duty hang out there and relax) and why they don't want to leave the island even though they have - or had - the capability: they need to stay and safeguard the island.

Interesting spoiler about the two-part season finale: you can very easily guess who the flashback character is... :D

Guest Emperor

Episode 3.13: The Man From Tallahassee (Locke-centric)

Airdate: March 21, 2007

02/12 - [scenes from episode 13 include] Juliet pushing Ben in a wheelchair, and Jack cheerfully lobbing a football to his sworn enemy Mr. Friendly. "Everyone should be wondering what the hell is going on," explains Fox during a break. "Has Jack been converted by the Others? Drugged? Is he pretending? All sorts of scenarios could be happening here." We will find out how Locke ended up in a wheelchair. "I was afraid it'd be anticlimactic," says O'Quinn. "It's not. It's pretty stunning. You're gonna go, 'Man, no wonder this guy wants to stay here!'" Also, the castaways discover that the Others possess a submarine. Source: Entertainment Weekly

01/21 - Also, a little casting news just broke regarding Lost's episode 13. Producers are casting the following: two O.C. homicide cops, a "firm" government employee, a twentysomething likable Caucasian guy, a "strong" and "likable" African-American guy. Source: Kristin on E!Online

Looking for more spoilers.

Guest Emperor

LOST 3.13 FAQ

What’s it called?

“The Man From Tallahassee.”

What does TV Guide say?

“Ben tries to talk Locke out of his destructive plan by offering him some island secrets. Meanwhile, Kate's reunion with Jack does not go off as planned when she discovers he has made a deal with the Others. Flashbacks focus on Locke. Richard Alpert: Nestor Carbonell.”

How did last week’s promo go?

“He is transformed unlike any other survivor.”

“This island, it made me whole.”

“He has become a warrior and a leader of men.”

“We were brought here for a reason. All of us.”

“Next Wednesday, on an all-new ‘Lost’ … ”

“I’m not looking for Jack.”

“ … the John Locke story everyone has been waiting for … ”

“I know you spent four years in a wheelchair … ”

“ … is finally revealed.”

“ … and I know how you ended up in it.”

Four years?? And we find out how Locke got in that chair?

Yes. "I was afraid it'd be anticlimactic," Terry O'Quinn tells Entertainment Weekly. "It's not. It's pretty stunning. You're gonna go, 'Man, no wonder this guy wants to stay here!'"

Does Charlie die this week?

We don’t know.

The current flashback batting order is said to be:

3.13 Locke

3.14 NikkiPaulo

3.15 Kate

3.16 Juliet

3.17 Desmond

3.18 JinSun

Is Bai Ling in this episode?

We don’t know.

Does Desmond makes a prediction this week?

We don’t know. But we hear he has a big role to play next week.

What else is TV Guide not telling us?

Locke’s organ-swiping daddy is back. There are Orange County detectives and a government worker.

Guest Emperor

He was in the box... you know the magical one that gives you anything you want.

The episode was called The Man From Tallahassee, and Ben said "Bring out the man from Tallahassee", and then there was Locke's dad. Wasn't the "Real Sawyer" (who Sawyer wrote the letter to) from Tallahasse?

Archived