DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What will be "Rands/Lews Therins" Challenge Be In The Next Age?

Any theory does not necessarily need to be true for it to be likely. Unless either author confirmed a contradictory theory, or denied the theory.

As far as I am aware, they have not confirmed or denied any theory about the end/beginning of the cycles.

How is the universe beging destroyed then remade likely? Who destroys it? For what reason? And if im not mistaken from rand /LTT pov in KoD doesnt rand speculate that once the creator makes a world he no longer gets involved just leaves it to it.
I'd also point out that circular time would weigh against it - if it takes direct interference from a god to bring us back to the beginning, we might be going in circles but time wouldn't. Time would be linear but with a reset button.

But Thom in SR says mosk and merk are from the age before the AoL, so going by that it puts this age as the first age.

In addition, if our Age was the Seventh, there would appear to be a curious lack of stories, myths and legends from the First Age.
Also if time was linear with a reset button, that logic the DO could win the last battle and after a few ages the creator comes back destroys everthing, then just locks him back up again and start from stratch. Leaving the Dragons victories just for afew ages and not for a full turning of the wheel.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps if just worlds get destroyed (then remade) and not the universes, time might be circular.  The remaking be done by either those who destroyed them or different people.

some possibilities for that destruction/remaking::

-mentioned explosion/explosions on a lesser scale

-Aridhol to Shadar Logoth transformation on a larger scale

-perhaps a Breaking covering multiple worlds

Edit::

or if the Wheel/Pattern is able to create universes, time could be circular.

There's some controversy regarding whether we (2014) live in the 7th or 1st Age.  Indeed those stories are from the Ages before the Age of Legends, but that does not mean they come from First Age.  

See the following quote.

NOTE: In one of the Questions of the Week at the Tor web site Jordan suggests that channeling was first discovered at the end of the First Age, but he also states that channeling did not exist in our Age. This would seem to conflict with the placement of ancient tales involving our time being in the First Age, unless these tales were already ancient by the time of the First Age. The passage from The Shadow Rising (chapter 20) says that these tales are from the Age before the Age of Legends, which is the Second Age, and not simply any Age from before the Age of Legends.

(reference above quote) --> http://www.sevenspokes.com/chronology/1st.html

There's hints in the RJ interview database that the Age of Legends began with the rediscovery of channeling, though not said out right.  Reference the week 18 question found here:

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=6

t's unlikely that we are on the cusp of building/discovering Portal Stones any time soon, but if they exist from the age before the age of legends, they must have been built by channelers, yet channeling isn't discovered until the end of the 1st age...?   So, all taken together, I can see the arguments that we could be in either age.  I think it's just ambiguous enough that we can't say with 100% certainty whether our current year 2014 is meant to be in 7th or the 1st age, sadly.  

(Personally I think 2014 is in the 7th Age).

Archived