DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What will be "Rands/Lews Therins" Challenge Be In The Next Age?

In the prologue of Eye of the World we see Lews Therin going mad and killing himself. From that point on we witness Rands battle with madness and PTSD throughout the series. We don't know much about the balefire weave other than the destructive nature of it, which is obviously one of the reasons why it was banned, but it also appears that crossing balefire weaves has a bonding effect much different than the one that the Aes Sedai use. In the epilogue Rand was able to swap bodies to escape death and while riding off in the sunset light a pipe without any perceivable outside force.

I think this is a foreshadowing of Rands next battle with the Dark One. I believe that Robert Jordan set a stage for an even darker and hopeless Last Battle. I don't think people will have access to the One Power. It will be lost or used up and gone leaving a bunch of regular people to fight the Dark One and the new Forsaken who have access to the True Power. This is why the body swap, the saa in his eye, and lighting of the pipe is so important because this entire 14 book series foreshadows a battle that Robert Jordan never intended to write.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without the one power it might be difficult for the future age to drill into the DO's prison.  Not to mention I think every time one of the powers gets tainted.  I believe RJ has said the female half of the source had been tainted before.  Not 100% positive, but I thought I had read something in these forums about that.  I don't think the source can be used up.

The one power will be lost in some age between the fourth and the seventh age, and then found again. I seem to remember that our time right now is supposed to be the seventh age. (sixth or seventh). Meaning that sometime after our age, the Power will be re-discovered.

PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

There might be some chance of the soul not being reborn as the Dragon.

Also some chance of the Age ending with something other than a Tarmon Gaidon.

And some chance of the ending event not being due to something Rand did.

About our Age, I do not recall either author telling which it is.

I have always felt we are the first age, I don't recall any info about the length of other ages. For all we know the third age is incredibly short compared to the others.

Also I was under the impression that the Dragon's soul is not necessarily bound to a challenge or task in every age.  

If we're the age before the age of legends, what are portal stones which are meant to be part of that age.

And if our age is the first age when did it start, the fall of rome? Sumeria? The industrial Revolution? The death of christ? The death of the prophet? And when will it end? Centuries or millenia?

I think when there is a unified theory of physics, the one power will be found and other dimensions.

The answer is in the books themselves...

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past...

The First Age I take begins with Creation.

The Seventh Age I guess would end with the worlds and the universes becoming destroyed; perhaps also people/plants/animals.

There is no beginning or endings to the wheel, though i supose if there was going to be a ending it would mean Rand lost the last battle, and that would only begin a new cycle of slavery.

Ok, I just looked it up and we definitely live in the First Age.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/First_Age has information about what happened in the First Age.

Yea that's wrong. I think we're the 7th age. I saw nothing that says otherwise.

Mosk and merk, tales from the age before the age of legends acording to Thom. They refer to Moscow and America.

They do.

From Age 7

Does it matter what number the age is given, so long as its the one before the age if legends?

It does, when my argument is that our age is TWO ages before the age of legends.

How do you arrive by this conclusion?

See my reasoning above. I think we're close to age three (the age of the story) both in the future and in the past. As far as I can recall, Thom's story does NOT indicate that our age was right before the age of legends.

For me, it being age seven makes more sense (if we were age 1, maybe we wouldn't remember Mat/Odin).

Does it matter what number the age is given, so long as its the one before the age if legends?

It does, when my argument is that our age is TWO ages before the age of legends.
How do you arrive by this conclusion?
See my reasoning above. I think we're close to age three (the age of the story) both in the future and in the past. As far as I can recall, Thom's story does NOT indicate that our age was right before the age of legends.

For me, it being age seven makes more sense (if we were age 1, maybe we wouldn't remember Mat/Odin).

Makes sense i supose.

I don't think the books give a conclusive answer to that either way, so we're free to speculate but not much to go on.

We know there is channeling in age 4 and that at some point the channeling will be lost.

Archived