DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A new friend - (Open to all Novices, Accepted or Aes Sedai)

Sherper

I think I should explain this a bit better before we get started.

I'm doing this as part of Ellisha's Novice requirements, and it is considered under (Character Development).

Though what is different about this is the introduction of a new ttpc that will accompany Ellisha after the conclusion of this RP.

Aril Corland is another Novice, but instead of being a full character, she is a ttpc. (Played by me)

I won't go into the specific reasons here, but just know Aril Corland will be part of a critical part of one of Ellisha's future RPs.

This is an open RP, which means everyone is welcome to take part. 

Refrain from dictating Aril's answers to your questions, as it would be important for me to get her personality correct for future references.

Yes, there is a lot of fighting in this one.

Discussion/ questions page for this RP can be found here. For any other stuff, you can PM me.

Edited by Sherper

“So then when the Accepted finally came into the room, and told us to leave, I-” the Novice cut off as she and her companion noticed the solitary figure sitting on the garden bench a few paces away from them. The brown haired girl lounged in a relaxed posture. Yet her eyes – green and penetrating – flashed dangerously as both Novices suddenly decided they had important business to attend to elsewhere. 

Ellisha Falwein; Novice of the White Tower, former ship captain to the river vessel Needle, sighed as she lowered the book she had been reading. ‘Understanding the One Power,’ it said from its front cover, though Ellisha wasn’t certain if ‘understanding’ was the correct term to describe the book’s objectives. Bore to death, perhaps.

Narisa Sedai – of the Brown Ajah, may have started writing her book with the aim to providing a comprehensive explanation on the nature of the mysterious life force known as ‘The One Power,’ but the more Ellisha read into her book, the more she realised the bumbling Brown from eight hundred years ago had lost all sense of how to talk like a real human being.  She set the book down on the garden bench and stood up. This is useless.

Stretching her legs and allowed her eyes to wander around her surroundings, she blinked as tears of exhaustion filled the rim of her iris which she quickly rubbed away.  She let out a yawn, making little effort to cover her mouth like some Cairhienin milk sop would try and tell her. The scent of pine cones filled her nostrils as she breathed. It was nearly Autumn she realised, as she noticed the leaves from the trees turn a bright coat of orange and yellow, some already falling in clumps to the ground.  It had been nearly two years since her arrival to the Tower. Odd, how time flies. To think she had once considered rejecting the offer to join the order. Why, what a missed opportunity that would’ve been.  

The twilight of dusk hung low through the windows of the indoor garden, and Ellisha knew it was high time to begin her walk back towards her room. Much has changed in those two years of course – least of all her control of the One Power. The life of a Tower initiate was designed to be tough, and Ellisha always felt bone tired when she got to bed each day. Free days were rare and most of the Novices found themselves sleeping in for a good portion of it, including herself.

She picked up her leather satchel; where she kept most of her lesson’s equipment, and sighed as she remembered the seven page long essay she had to write for Marcel Sedai tomorrow on local laws in Kandor. Trying not to dwindle too much on how much fluff she was going to have to stuff into her essay – if she wanted to finish on time – Ellisha strode briskly towards one of the Garden exits – then stopped. The indoor garden set on the west wing of the Tower grounds, was a large circular affair. Set like a round table with a small gathering of trees at the centre and benches facing towards it, the round room was more than a hundred paces in total circumference.

One of the doors furthest away from Ellisha suddenly slammed open and five girls of varying ages strode into the room.

Ellisha watched as the five entered by the double doorway; long shadows concealing their faces from her. She was in plain sight to them of course, and they would have seen her – if only they had looked – which they didn’t. She knew to stay perfectly still; it was more often movement that drew attention to the eye instead of the other way around.  She was considering the best method to open the door behind her without being noticed, when one of the women began to speak. She paused to listen.

“I’ve told you again – and again. Why must you be showing us such disrespect?” The woman said in a thick heavy Illianer accent, and Ellisha saw her converging on one of the shorter figures in the group.
“This all would be a lot more smoothly if only you did as we’ve asked.” There was no other sound coming from anywhere in the Tower, and the voice travelled well across the room. Ellisha recognised the owner of that voice as Pavara Rogard; one of the other Novices.

The stout Illianer had come to the White Tower nearly five years before Ellisha did. She was senior among the Novices and a few signs have indicated she would soon be tested to become Accepted.  Light golden hair streaming behind the woman; unusual for an Illianer, Pavara stepped forward and grabbed the dress collar of the smaller woman with both her clenched fists.
“Give us what we want and we’ll let you go, simple as that.” Ellisha could hear the little woman sobbing, and could see she was trembling in fright from Pavara’s onslaught.

“Hey!” Ellisha barked, and stood up from her shadows of concealment before she even knew what she was doing. Startled by the sudden realisation that another person was in the room, the four women turned to stare at the approaching brown haired Novice; their eyes wide open with hostility. “Let her go right this instant!” Ellisha continued, glaring back at the four.

Miraculously, Pavara did as she was told and dropped the tiny figure back on the ground.  Deep blue eyes stared across at Ellisha as she came to a stop, a few paces from the group. They were all a head taller than her, but that did little to unsettle her outer calm. Inside however, she was berating herself for being a mule headed fool and getting herself entangled in this.

“I assume you’re the leader to this rag tag group?” she said, looking towards Pavara, her hips thrust forward and her hands propped against her sides.  A few of the women bristled at the comment. Good, she thought. She had them angry. Anger could be useful.

She thought she could recognise some of them, now that they were close. There was skinny faced Amelia Cauron; a shop assistant from Caemlyn before she came to the White Tower. Puffy mouthed Cinda Rehearth, who was also from Andor. Dark haired Demili Hochberg from Tear, and of course – Pavara herself. Out of the group however, Pavara was by far the largest of the four – and definitely the most intimidating. With thick muscled shoulders and arms which could have meant a former life working at the docks of Illian, Pavara was an impressive sight to behold.

Ellisha glanced down at the last figure who was sitting down on the stone floor tiles below. The girl wore a dress of Novice white but it was covered in scraps and was stained with mud – like as if she fell down – repeatedly – off all the stairs in the East Wing. Ellisha frowned. There were also bruise marks on her face and cheeks, accompanied by a black ring around the rim of her left eye. The two stared at one another – and Ellisha saw fear as she stared into those soft hazel balls of brown – which really set her blood boiling. She fought hard not to let her anger show however, and instead directed her attention back to the golden haired Pavara.

“Mind explaining to me what you’re doing so late with one of the new Novices?” The girl was new; Ellisha was sure of that. She remembered a few days ago, when she had just been about to leave the dining hall and a hushed whisper had passed along the room. A short skinny looking girl had entered carrying a tray of porridge. The girl had hair the colour of pure molten fire, which stood her out clearly in the crowd, the ends hung almost to her waist and it looked like a blanket of exuberant flame as it trailed behind her. She had come to the Tower in the middle of the night, and had apparently been taken in by two sisters – of the red – or so the rumours told. Precious little else was know of the small woman in those early days.  At first, Ellisha had gawked along with the rest. It was more than a little unusual to see someone with hair of that colour and texture.  

She heard the word “Aiel” thrown around more than once before the girl found herself a spot at the tables, and the hall – reluctantly – decided to talk about a another topic. Since that day however, Ellisha had mostly put the girl out of her mind, and had only seen her two times within the space of three weeks.

“It’s nothing. Why don’t you mind your own business?” one of them said, the brisk Andorian accent telling her it was skinny Amelia that spoke. Ellisha turned slightly and gave the woman a flat stare. “If it’s nothing, why do I see you hurting this young woman?” She never allowed her eyes to wander away from Pavara for long; always keeping the stocky woman in the corner of her eyes as she looked at each of Pavara’s guard dogs in turn. For that’s what they were – hounds to do Pavara’s biddings.

“I’d suggest you stop whatever it is you’re doing, before I report your ‘nothing’ to the Mistress of Novices.” She emphasised the word “Nothing,” to make it clear she thought it was anything but. A few of the goons exchanged worried glances – threat of the Mistress of Novices always produced a reaction when used effectively.  Yet Pavara and Demili never wavered an inch.  

“If you DOB us in, we’ll toss you in with this flaming Aiel and beat the living daylight out of both of you.” Demili growled, and Ellisha blinked. Tariens were never known for their subtly, and this one definitely wasn’t leaving anything to ambiguity. Amelia and Cinda, noticing the stance of the other two, seemed encouraged and took off where Demili had left off.
“Yeah, we’ll string you up and make you cry for your mommy.”
“Yeah!” the other one called, “We’ll make you wish you had taken two weeks of pennants from Valeri Sedai instead! Actually, think we might just make you do that anyway – after we’re done with you.” The two of them stepped forward and Ellisha took a step back; hands held up in a placating gesture.  

“Now, be reasonable here ladies."

“Wait, aren’t you the one they call Ellisha – something or rather?” the olive skinned woman said, as she directed a finger at her. “Yes, she is!” Cinda cried, knuckling her fingers into fists as her bones crackled menacingly. “You’re that one that replaced my sniffing powder with hot chillies instead!” Demili scowled as she too took a step towards Ellisha. “I had a burn at the back of my nose for the better part of a month because of you!”

Ellisha suppressed a wry chuckle at the memory, though she realised it was obviously not the time to dawdle on childish amusements. “Oh come on, that was like a year ago Demili” she said. “I’m a reformed woman now.” The three failed to catch the sarcasm in her voice and took it instead for a further sign of her weakness.
“You’ll pay for putting bats in my wardrobe.”
“You’ll suffer for hiding mice in my jewellery box!”
“I’ll peel your hide for that beehive!”

“Stop.” Pavara ’s deep voice boomed across the room and the three of them halted their steps toward Ellisha. The stout Illianer had stayed silent during the entire exchange but now walked towards Ellisha; her jowl fixated in a leer.  She had to look down as she came to a stop a few inches away from Ellisha – whose head only narrowly reached her bottom chin.

“If you walk away now…” the woman said, softly as she was now close enough to be practically breathing down Ellisha’s neck. “We’ll pretend this never happened, and I won’t turn you over to them.” Ellisha feigned a small sigh of relief, though it was just a decoy, she had already made her mind up and would not back down so easily.

Smiling, Ellisha bent her knees – though only slightly – which earned her a confused eyebrow from both Pavara and the others, as she did a little hop in the air. With all the force she could muster, she slammed her forehead into the bridge of Pavara’s nose as she came level with the woman.

Feeling the crunch as something broke on the Illianer’s face, she landed lightly on her feet and had a split second image of the woman doubling over in pain; clutching her face with both her hands. The other three just stood and gawked at her. Ellisha gave them no chance to react; she needed to fully utilize her only advantage – which was surprise. Covering the ground between them in three quick leaps, she rammed her elbow into Amelia’s middle; driving the breath out of the skinny faced Andorian in one audible ‘whoosh’ of air.  

Turning, she sensed something coming her way and ducked as a wild hay maker from Cinda narrowly missed her head. The woman was put off balance after striking only empty air – evidently unused to facing opponents that did not stay still for her to hit and beat. A kick from Demili sent Ellisha off balance however as instinct told her to quickly tuck herself into a ball and roll to one side.  A second foot missed her face as Ellisha performed a backwards roll to again, narrowly avoid it.

Getting back on her feet, she realised she couldn’t stay in this fight for long – she needed to even the odds somehow. The form of Amelia; still breathy from Ellisha’s initial strike, was slowly getting to her feet so Ellisha decided to run towards her.  Grabbing a handful of Amelia’s white Novice dress, she swung the woman counter clockwise into one of the others chasing after her. Both Amelia and Cindy yelped as the two crashed into one another; foreheads knocking together and producing a resounding ‘thonk’ as they collapsed in a heap on the floor. Demili cursed as she dodged to the side of her two fallen companions and continued the chase.

Ellisha’s eyes twinkled as they caught what she was looking for. Ignoring the cumbersome nature of her Novice dress, Ellisha jumped over one of the benches; one hand propped against the top of the back rest as if it were the deck of a ship and she were part of some boarding party, she hopped over the bench and her hands closed in around the straps of her leather satchel. She spun, bringing the full force of a hundred and eighty degree turn into the strike that connected five pounds of pen, paper and most importantly – hard cover books – squarely into Demili’s face.  Flakes of blood spewed from her mouth and into the air as the Tarien spun mid air before falling to the ground unconscious.  

Ellisha hastily straightened to her feet but before she could assess the situation further, weaves of air suddenly appeared from around her body and lifted her into the air. She turned and saw the glow of Saidar surrounding the still crouching figure of Pavara. The weaves – like tendril of smoke – snared around her and held her in place a few feet off the ground. Blood trickled openly from Pavara’s nose, forming mask that covered her entire lower face as Ellisha saw a dangerous light flare in the woman’s eyes. There was no smiles on her face now – not even a leer or a contemptuous scowl. Now, Pavara only looked like she wanted to kill.

“Do it.” Ellisha heard herself saying, not even bothering to struggle against the bonds of air as she stared straight into the other woman’s eyes. They burned with the hot fire of unrestrained fury. She maintained an outward impression of control, even managing to return a rueful grin at the other woman, though it really was only surface deep.  Inside, she was screaming in panic.

Light, the woman was going to kill her!”
“No she won’t, you silly girl.”
Another voice sounded in her head, “She’s just bluffing.”
“I should embrace Saidar, I -need- to embrace Saidar!”

The woman did not have sufficient power to cut Ellisha from the source, and she doubted Pavara even knew the weaves to a shield. But the weaves required to take someone’s life could be dramatically simple; a gag of air that prevented someone from breathing, a thread of water that made you suffocate in your own blood, or a small blend of air and fire to severe the tendons to the heart. She felt sweat trickle down her forehead, but held her ground. Refusing to embrace the source and telling herself to only resort to it if Pavail tried something dangerous.   

“Burn you woman, what are you waiting for? I can’t wait to see them name you darkfriend!” She laughed; deep rolling laughter that chilled her to the bone. “Well? You going to kill me or just leaving me here hanging?” The words leaving her mouth shocked her, and it obviously shocked Pavail. The woman’s eyes widened, but she held her weave, along with Saidar.
“You know what they do to darkfriends they find in the Tower?” she asked, still feeling the Goosebumps rising behind her. “They first still them – that’s right – cut them off from the One Power, before they send them crying and weeping to the headsman’s block.”

Again, Ellisha knew she was stretching the truth here. But most Novices wouldn’t know anything on this topic, let alone spot the places where she had exaggerated and where she had conveniently decided to skip over.  The tower had always been very tight mouthed about darkfriends among them, and it was one of the first tabo things Novices learned not to mention in front of a full Aes Sedai. But reading between the lines of some of the older history volumes in the Tower has revealed hints and clues, indicating the possibility of darkfriends in the order.

Pavara was probably not a darkfriend, else she would have not hesitated when she had Ellisha vulnerable. But the slight pause, the way the woman’s eyes bulged in either anger or surprise at the mention of her being a servant to the shadow, was a clear enough indication that Pavara walked in the light. Though, the woman still might kill her out of pure spite. Nothing under the light said anything against that, so far as Ellsiha was aware of.

The Illianer stared at her for a very long moment. Blue eyes staring into Emerald green. Finally, she gave a huff and the glow of Saidar disappeared from her, along with Ellisha’s bonds. “Take the girl. She do be nothing but trouble anyway.”

Brushing dust off herself, Ellisha stood up and looked as Pavara limped off alone. Still holding her nose with one oozing from between the cracks of her finger, Pavara slammed the door behind her as she rushed off to light knows where.  Ellisha wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, but winced as she felt the marks of a bruise somewhere on her left cheek bone. Probably a glancing blow she hadn’t realised during the fighting – but she would just have to deal with it later. First…

She turned and walked over towards the red haired girl still sitting where she had fallen on the floor. The girl drew back slightly and Ellisha gave her an annoyed look. “Oh come on, I won’t hurt you. My name’s Ellisha Falwein, what’s yours?” She extended a hand; a universal sign of truth and friendship. The girl studied the hand for a moment before taking it and allowing herself to be dragged up by Ellisha.

“Aril. I’m Aril Corland.” She replied, trying to rise but fell back down again as her knees buckled underneath her. Ellisha brought her over to one of the benches, and settled the girl on top of one as she began looking at the leg wound. It looked to be whole, but seemed slightly bent and not quite at the right angle. Probably twisted it. One of the unconscious figures on the ground groaned, and Ellisha ignored them.

“What under the light were those people doing to you, and why?”

~Ellisha Falwein
Novice of the White Tower

OCC: Reason this is Open RP, is because anyone is welcome to take their character to the Garden and investigate the commotion they sensed. Perhaps offer healing if you're accepted or Aes Sedai, or just a curious Novice.

Edited by Sherper

Seheria wound her way though the halls of the white tower on a rare day out of the infirmary. She had spent every day for a month serving there and rarely saw the halls outside it in daylight. It was a day off and she was prepared to relax and enjoy it. She had already gathered her change purse and put on a decent outfit which she wouldn't have to worry over getting spittle or blood on, all that was left was to slip out of the tower and head for the hills, or at least the shops in the city, before someone called on her for something else only she could handle.

She was just about there when she heard voices carrying through from a distance. Bloody Novices..no sense of respectful tones.. the thoughts ran idle through her mind as she carried on her mission to escape the Tower unnoticed my, but they are excited over something...back in my day we'd never have time to carry on like this..girls are gonna get soft with nothing to do...I hope they don't think they'll have time to carry on hollering and playing when they reach their shawls...I've hardly had time wrap my shawl around my shoulders in the last two years!

As she got closer to the garden entrance she could tell the voices were more backed with aggression and playful squeals and though she felt drawn to run to the rescue she was torn. She debated with herself to try to get out of going to see what was going on, that was what the Mistress of Novices was for wasn't it? But just before she could turn down a corridor away from the gardens a olive skinned girl in white came storming into the hall in front of her, hands groping intently at her face. 

"Light, child!" the Yellow exclaimed as all thought of leaving the Tower flew from her mind. "What did you do to yourself? Let me see you there..where is your face under all this blood? Let me clean you up before you stain that dress with blood beyond repair. Trust me you don't want the penance for that!" She moved to the girl and ushered her to a nearby bench. The girl was trying to say something, but Seheria wasn't listening. She couldn't care less to find out how it happened, she just wanted heal the girl and send her off to Mistress of Novices, with orders to pass the message along that she had been the one to heal the girl of course, and then get out to the shops before they all closed.

It was a simple enough fracture to heal, and it wasn't long before the girl was ready to drag herself to the Mistress of Novices to explain whatever story she had been trying to tell Seheria as she worked, but she had heard enough of the story to gather that there was another girl out in the garden who was likely in worse condition. It wouldn't do to send one girl off healed and helped just to be found to have left the other one laying on the garden ground. With a sigh Seheria cursed her dedication to her ajah, but didn't hesitate to make her way in to check on the mess of girls in the garden.

The sight she saw when she entered was far worse than she expected. She squared her shouldered and straightened her back, her eyes glared and darted around and any girl with any sense would have been hoping against hope that she wouldn't be the one the glare stuck on. Her eyes landed on the girls hovering on the bench. She slowly walked toward them, staying completely silent as she walked. She hoped that what ever the girls imagined she was thinking was more intimidating than the pure shock and speechlessness that over took her. What could have happened to cause this? What could she possibly say that showed all it was she was meant to show..disapproval, disappointment, disgust..She let her body carry the message as she walked to the girls to heal them. 

As she got up to them she stopped and stared down at them, words finally came and she interrupted their budding conversation. "Tell me then, what exactly happened here. Only when I know I've heard the truth, will I decided whether I will heal you or let you suffer the consequences. Just because you live among people with the ability to heal you, does not mean you can go about breaking yourself and abusing the One Power. Speak." It wasn't likely what they expected from the Yellow, but then, they shouldn't assume how people will answer.

Seheria Sedai

Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah

OOC: Hope you don't mind me butting in like this. I can delete it if this isn't the direction you were going.

“I can’t believe anyone would do that to you!” Ellisha said as she listened to the girl’s brief explanation of how she had got there. “Pavara,” she snarled, and winced as her cheekbones shot her another wave of pain at the movement. She really needed to see that checked before she went to bed. “She’ll not see the end of this yet – I’ll make sure of that.” The girl gave her a weak smile, her black rimmed eyes making the expression almost comical.

“Tell me then,” a voice said suddenly behind Ellisha, “just what exactly happened here.”

Ellisha turned her head and saw a woman standing over her, deep brown eyes penetrating her own. With the simple yet sturdy dress she was wearing and the rather odd scattering of golden waist length hair, Ellisha had – at first – hesitated over who the woman really was. The agelessness of that smooth serene face – set now in a disapproving frown, left little doubt in her mind however. Aes Sedai.

“Apologies if I can’t rise Seheria Sedai,” Ellisha said as she propped herself onto the bench beside Aril. So she was at least sitting whilst looking up at the yellow sister. “But it appears I may have hurt my ankle.” The landing from being released from Pavara’s weaves had not been as smooth as she had hoped. The woman continued her staring, as if intent to do so until Ellisha gave her the answer she had wanted. Ellisha stared up at the woman, eyes studying and brain working to remember what she knew about the yellow sister. Apart from the name and the fact that Seheria Sedai was of the Yellow Ajah, Ellisha thought she knew precious little of the fair skinned Aes Sedai – nothing useful at least.

She shifted her position further along the back of the seat, making an effort to keep pressure off her right leg where the pain was greatest, and glanced at Aril as she did so. The girl looked absolutely petrified; her face ashen as she stared up at their questioner. Ellisha’s face remained cool and placid at least. It never did well to appear frightened in front of a person of authority. Being scared implied you did something wrong and you feared wrath or recrimination for your ill deeds. Honest folk have nothing to hide or fear – even if they secretly did. Ellisha couldn’t blame the girl for her lack of control however. Afterall, not everyone has had the fortune – or misfortune – of wriggling out of a local magistrate who had caught your haul full of illegal contraband.

It never did to lie straight out however. When the people eventually found out the complete truth, they would chase you up tenfold for what you did. The yellow sister was urging her to speak. Evidently sensing Aril was too timid to produce words, as she directed her command at Ellisha instead.

“I got into a fight with these women.” She pointed in the general direction of the three other Novices, all of whom were still lying unconscious at one end of the room. That was something else she learned from ages long past; be frank about things that were plainly obvious. “I was reading,” she said in her usual brisk tone; conferring no nonsense and adding no honeyed details. “When this lot came in and started beating this young woman.” She felt Aril flinch beside her when she heard herself being mentioned. The girl was as timid as a mouse!

“And when I tried to intervene, these women attacked me.” She continued, still staring determinedly back at the woman standing over her. She had chosen that word very carefully for its ability to harbour the double meaning. It hid the fact that her ‘intervention’ involved slamming her forehead into Pavara’s nose, and not the peaceful negotiations that it would usually apply in the context.

The Aes Sedai just stared at her, unspeaking – so she continued on.

“So when these women attacked, I of course tried to flee.” Again, very true, and again, avoiding the point. She did run the danger of the currently unconscious women spilling the truth out on her. But she was reasonably assured that would never happen. Pavara was someone who ruled by fear and personal power over her subjects. As such, her hounds were really cowards at heart and would stay loyal only so long as she held the rod of power in the room. After an event of this scale they would try to press everything on their former ring leader – and as for Pavara herself. Her mouth would be sealed as tightly as a board walk. It would be fatal to her future in the Tower if ever anyone found out she had channelled intending harm to another initiate.

“I wasn’t fast enough, so I tried to fend them off long enough so help could arrive.” She said. The sister raised an eyebrow. Ellisha let out a cough, partly to give an excuse to break the intense gaze of the other woman. Does she know, or even suspect?

“Enough to knock three of them unconscious, and a fourth running out the door?”

“Err… yes.”

She didn’t know what else to say. What else could she say?
The beginnings of sweat accumulated just underneath her skin. Any second now they would threaten to break free, and give her entire game away. Her façade was breaking, and Ellisha was feeling panic well up inside.

“Everything she said is true, Seheria Sedai.” A voice cut in, and Ellisha turned in surprise as Aril spoke up to fill the silence. The girl had seen everything from the very beginning, and obviously knew Ellisha was lying through the skin of her teeth. She had also seen Pavara channel as well. What was she doing?

“I can vouch for her Aes Sedai. This woman tried to defend me when I was being harassed by these others.” Ellisha was too stunned to do much else but just stare at the girl. A new light shone in her eyes which Ellisha had not noticed before. There was a fire that burned there, but it was a fire of determination.

Remembering there was still an Aes Sedai staring over them; Ellisha quickly transformed her expression from one of surprise, to that of acceptance. Of course everything she said was true; the girl’s words hadn’t surprised her one bit – obviously not.

Stay calm Ellisha, she thought. Stay calm and you might live with your hide still intact.

Oddly, she felt no sense of regret for what she had done. If she was to do this whole thing again, she would not change a thing, despite the possible -drastic- consequences that was possibly about to follow. If anything, Ellisha would’ve probably willed herself to be more ruthless towards Pavara and her minions. It seemed underwhelming to let that insufferable woman off with only a broken nose.  

If there was to be consequences for what she had done, she would bear it with pride. She looked back up at the Aes Sedai, her face once again a wall of frank indifference.

~Ellisha Falwein
Novice of the White Tower.

Edited by Sherper

Seheria hid her impatience behind the practiced Aes Sedai mask as the young woman clearly stated the bare facts. This one has promise, unless she gets eaten alive before she gets better at lies, she thought as the child came forth with out the slightest attempt at padding or spin. It was usually that the girls in their young days rambled far too long, or parted with far too much information. But this one clearly had training more than most her age. She said just enough to seem like she was completely forth coming, but her words were just too well chosen and her sentances too choppy, and the scene before her in the garden too damning to prove the girl was hiding more. But that truly is not my concern today.

She thought she would get more on the details with the quiet one, the one clearly with the worst of it, began to sing her praises of vouching for the girl who came to the rescue. When the details didn't come, Seheria didn't mind. She had heard enough to make up her mind on the situation.

"You two should be very pleased I am not the Mistress of Novices today." She said after letting the girls stew in silence for a moment when they were done. As they had been explaining she had been doing a preliminary run down of their symptoms. The ankle of the chatty one was clearly bothering her, and while she was sure the girl had plenty of less serious injuries which would cause a good amount of pain, she was positive that nothing was so serious it would leave her with any long damage if it wasn't tended to. She gestured for the girl to rise from the bench and when the girl limped out of the way, the yellow took her spot on it. 

The girl seemed nervous as Seheria looked her over, and as much as she wanted to just heal the girl and be done with this distraction, she knew it would look much better on her if she could have a good reference of care out of this. She took her time calming the girl and explaining what she was about what she was going to do.

Opening herself to Saidar, the yellow paused just a moment to enjoy the sensation. Even after all these years that feeling of uphoria was still not something she ever took for granted. She wove spirit in the simple familiar pattern and warned the girl of what to expect when she let the weave delve into there. The girl pulled back with a start as it happened and Seheria bit her tongue before she could say she had warned her. She found her way though the girl to the source of the injury in her leg first and air and water to the weave of spirit while she focused on healing the girl. 

When all of the girl's injuries were dealt with, Seheria shot the simple delving weave of spirit into the unsuspecting rescue girl. The body's reaction to the invasive weave was enough to bring a small amount of amusement to the yellow, at least she would get some pleasure on her day off. She gave the girl a once over, and confirmed that nothing was in so bad of shape that it wouldn't heal in its own due time. 

"You can function well enough," she said as she pulled the weave suddenly away. "Perhaps a limp for a couple of days will having you thinking twice before you decided to join fights you don't belong in. I'm not sure if you've noticed all the women in this tower with bands on their hems, or colored fringes on their shawls, but in future you'd have less injuries and more luck by finding on of them before the blood flows."

She walked away from the girls, turning her attention then to the three unconscious on the ground, she call one last thing back to the pair, "be sure to tell Valeri Sedai what went on here directly. You may want rework your script though. If you need help with that, I run a class on Aes Sedai dialogue. New sessions begin next week."  

~ Seheria Sedai
Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah

Ellisha openly gawked at the Yellow Sister as the woman walked calmly out of the room, leaving behind the brown haired Novice with her fiery red haired companion still sitting on the bench in the gardens.  
“Rats in a cage,” Ellisha cursed – and not too softly – as she rubbed at the spot where the Aes Sedai had placed the weave for delving.

“Well, you really shouldn’t have been lying to an Aes Sedai in the first place.” The girl beside her said when she was sure the other woman had gone away. She tested her newly healed leg by putting pressure on it, which made Ellisha scowl. The previous show of tranquillity Ellisha had maintained, finally melting under a torrent of her annoyance as she stared down at her own unhealed leg.  
“I was -Not- lying.”

The girl snorted. Why had Ellisha ever thought the girl was diffident?
“Call it what you will,” Aril continued. “But what did you expect would happen? Trying to out play an Aes Sedai at their own game?”
Ellisha blinked at that.
“Hey, don’t forget who just pulled your pretty little backside out of a steaming cauldron.”  She retorted quickly, but not before the red haired girl gave her a bemused expression.
“I don’t know if I’ve said this already.” She smiled. “But thank you.” There was sincerity in that voice, and Ellisha found herself smiling in return, shrugging at the given compliment. Weariness crept onto her face however. Light, did she feel tired.

That blasted Yellow had used the healing weaves on her but had only removed the most minor of injuries. Things like scratches and scrapes, whilst leaving behind the important things like bruises and the wound in her leg. She said it would help her “think twice before deciding to join fights she didn’t belong in next time.” Ellisha Falwein will do whatever the hell she wants, and the world be damned if she had to ruffle the feathers of a few Aes Sedai to get where she wanted.

“Don’t mention it,” she said dismissively as she propped herself to stand on one leg. Her right leg flamed painfully, but there was little she could do about it for the moment. She had some talent in healing, but oddly such weaves never seemed to work on the caster. And she doubted Aril was far enough down the line of her training to be much help on that front either.

“Is your leg alright?” Aril said, concern creasing momentarily across her tanned face as she noticed the awkward way Ellisha was standing.
“I’ll live.” -Barely- She added in her head. “We’ll also need to go see the Mistress of Novices like that woman said.” She paused – then eyed the other Novices still lying unconscious on the floor. “And rethink what we’re going to say once we get there.” That thought produced another frown on her head. The Yellow was right, burn her, it was too obvious what they had done, and there was no way to wiggle out of this one. Not when it’s Aes Sedai doing the questioning.

“We’ll have to tell her everything I think.” She sighed. “The fighting, the shouting: everything.”
Aril glanced at her, as she slowly rose from her own spot on the seat. Her leg, Ellisha saw, was as good as new as far as she could tell. Ellisha chose to ignore it, though it annoyed her somewhat how the Yellow had been willing to heal Aril, and not her.
“Including the…” the other girl began, but was cut off by a shake of Ellisha’s head.

“No, never that.” She paused.  “However much I hate that woman, I wouldn’t want to see her punished that far. Burn me for admitting it, but even she doesn’t deserve to be forced out of the Tower.” She returned her gaze to Aril as the girl offered an arm to carry Ellisha over.

“Tell the Mistress of Novice everything if you have to. You can even tell her the part where I was really the one that attacked Pavara first, but Don’t tell her about the channelling part.” Aril nodded, and Ellisha accepted the girl’s help to be carried over her shoulder. They walked out of the Tower garden amidst the groans of Pavara’s former cronies, and towards the office of the Mistress of Novices.  Oh you’re really in for it this time, Ellisha thought as they made their way down the hallways.  “It’s your own bloody fault. You could’ve walked away at any time, but nooooo…”
“Shut up, brain. Already had enough of your chiding for one day.”
She growled at herself in her head.

She allowed herself to be carried down a route she was way too familiar with these days, and told Aril to stop when they finally reached a pair of stout wooden doors. She sighed.
“This is it.” She said in a sombre tone, and with a completely straight face. “It has been an honour serving with you.”

Aril glanced at her, and by the expressions on her face, she must have not been sure whether to laugh or not. Well Ellisha sure as hell didn’t feel like laughing at that moment. They knocked, and entered through to the office.

~Ellisha Falwein

Edited by Sherper

Valeri flipped through the pages of reports on a certain novice named Nerina from Tarabon.  When she had first come to the Tower, years ago, it seemed she would get in trouble every other day.  She was either bullying other novices, flirting with Warders in training, or even the Warders themselves.  Whatever it was, she had gotten herself a thick stack of reports within the first few weeks of being in the White Tower.  It wasn't until she had found out that she had a knack for Healing that she began to turn around.  She would get into trouble every now and then, of course, but it slowly ebbed away, until all the reports she had were commendations from Aes Sedai and Accepted.  The last report of a negative nature she had gotten was years ago.  She'd likely be calling this one to the Three Arches soon.

She filed the reports away and stood up to walk to her bedroom to get some well deserved rest.  Before she took two steps, however, she heard a knock on her door.  She stifled a yawn and disciplined her face into the Aes Sedai mask of serenity.  A knock on the door of the Mistress of Novices' office at this late hour was never good news.

The Mistress of Novices opened her door with a flow of Air and before her stood two of her charges.  Ellisha, despite her small stature, stood tall, her green eyes showing a flash of pride and determination, but she sensed a bit of anxiety as well.  She stood a little askew, and her dress seemed to be worse for wear.  Beside her was a much newer novice, a girl named Aril.  Valeri sensed a good bit of fear in her, but she met her eyes well enough.  From the way she was leaning on the other novice, Valeri knew that Aril was not the target of Ellisha's anger.

"Ellisha and Aril," she said, "please have a seat and tell me your purpose in visiting me so late tonight."  Valeri spread her arms, indicating the pair of chairs in front of her desk.  

The door to the office swung open from the inside, and revealed to the two haggard Novices the Mistress of Novices herself. Standing just in front of her large wood lacquered table, she wore the serene expression of an Aes Sedai, though Ellisha thought she detected the faint signs of weariness under that mask. The woman had probably been about to head off to bed when the two of them had come and disturbed her. Not the best of circumstances to be visiting.

Ellisha steeled herself as Aril helped carry her inside. Eyes fixated on the Aes Sedai, who studied the two of them with a gaze reminiscent to that of a hawk, she hid her grimace and prepared for what was to come. Once again into the breach.  

“Ellisha and Aril, please have a seat and tell me your purpose in visiting me so late tonight.” The woman said as the two of them took chairs facing the wide office table. The Mistress of Novices herself retook her own seat on the other side, and waited as Ellisha contemplated where to begin. Be honest now, Ellisha. Those eyes said as she looked up from her sodden mess of a Novice dress.

She had considered making up another story on her way there, but decided against it when she remembered what the Yellow had said earlier. There was no room to wiggle out of this one. Not this time.

“We got in a fight Valeri Sedai. Well, I started one.” No honeyed words, no misdirection; the simple truth. She was just going to have to be as direct and blunt as she can make it. The Mistress of Novices raised a questioning eyebrow, which could be interpreted any number of ways. All of which did not seem to bode well for her future.

“I found Pavara and a few of the other Novices beating Aril in the gardens.” She continued, though not hurrying her words. There was no point. She had come to accept her fate. If she was going to receive punishments for what she did, then she might as well bear it with pride and satisfaction in knowing she did the right thing. For it was the right thing.  

“So I approached and told them to leave her alone, when they turned and began advancing on me instead. I took the initiative and attacked, hoping to use surprise to make my escape.” She paused and hesitated on the next part. “It didn’t go as well as expected and soon I had to defend myself against Amelia Cauron, Cinda Reheath, and Demili Hochberg – all seeking to have their way with me. Pavara had a broken nose and was on the ground at this point, and so was Aril who had a broken leg.”

She said it in an even tone, as if the fact that she had fought and survived a confrontation with four woman; all much taller and older than she, was hardly a matter to be bragging about. Which Ellisha guessed, it shouldn’t. Not in front of the Mistress of Novices.

“In the end, we all took injuries. Some…” she paused, “being worse than others.”

Amelia Cauron and Cinda Rehearth certainly didn’t look like they would be getting out of bed any time soon. In truth, she hoped the two develop a brain concussion and turn stupid because of this. Demili will probably have a black eye for some time, and Ellisha couldn’t even begin imagining how badly she had broken Pavara’s nose with that head butt.

“A Yellow sister has already seen to the worst of injuries, but there are still three of them unconscious in the gardens which you might want to go see later.”

She maintained her gaze on the other woman’s features. Those deep set eyes that had stayed silent during the entirety of her explanation were once again studying her intently.  Probably thinking what kind of punishment to give, she thought as she returned the look stare for stare.

The girl Aril, fidgeted nervously into the silence. Tension plainly shown in the stiff way she was sitting in her seat. In truth, Ellisha really didn’t care what the Mistress of Novices did. Beating Pavara and her cronies was just something she had to do, and there seemed no other way to be about it.

Do what you want, then pay the Price. That was how the saying went, wasn’t it?  
Well, Ellisha had just done what needed to be done. Now, it was time to pay for it.

“I would also ask you not to punish Aril, Valeri Sedai. She had no part to do with any of the fighting, which were really my fault. I take full responsibility for what happened to the other initiates and will accept my punishments accordingly.”

There. She had done it now.

~Ellisha Falwein
Novice of the White Tower.

Edited by Sherper

"Horrified" wasn't quite the word Valeri would have used to describe what she felt after what had been described to her, but it came close.  However, she let none of it show on her face.  To think an entire group of novices who had been here for years would bully someone to such an extent as to break bones.  It was not unprecedented, but it made her feel extremely disappointed in them.  She still had to deal with the two sitting in front of her, though.  She wrote down the names given to her.  She would need to see them as soon as possible.

"Three of them are unconscious in the garden, you say."  It made her wonder what exactly had gotten the Yellow so excited that she hadn't even bothered to see to them.  She would get the Yellow's name soon enough.  "I will deal with all of them immediately.  As for the two of you...I agree that Aril would deserve no punishment.  I've known her, in her short time here, not to be the sort to cause trouble.  And, Ellisha, while I understand that you were standing up for someone in need, there will need to be some sort of punishment for you.  However, the others are the ones that I am most worried about seeing to at this moment.  There punishment will need to be swift and severe.  That kind of behavior is simply intolerable at the White Tower."

She stood up and took the two novices in for a moment.  They seemed to have forged some kind of bond of friendship.  Then, she remembered that they both had single rooms.  Some novices preferred it that way, but others, like these two it seemed, benefitted from the friendship.  "Ellisha, I will give you your punishment tomorrow.  Come to my office after breakfast.  Before I let the two of you go, however, it comes to my attention that you both have rooms by yourselves.  I know it's been difficult for either of you to make friends, but it seems you've made friends with each other tonight.  Would either of you object to being roommates?"

Ellisha quickly hid the surprise that had been showing on her face. She had gotten what she had expected: punishment. But the way Seheria Sedai worded it, it sounded like she wasn’t to be the main focus for the Mistress of Novice’s retribution, and the payments; being a mere formality. The woman seemed somewhat distracted as she wrote the names of the other culprits, who were still probably unconscious in the gardens, down on an empty piece of paper. No doubt, there would be the retribution she had originally thought was intending for her.

“I will deal with them immediately,” Seheria Sedai said as she half rose from her seat. “Before I let the two of you go, however,” she paused, eyeing both Ellisha and Aril in turn. “It comes to my attention that you both have rooms by yourselves. I know it’s been difficult for either of you to make friends.” That was true enough. As far as Ellisha was concerned, one wouldn’t be too far off to mark to say she has made enemies of her entire grade – to varying degrees of hostility here and there. “But it seems you’ve made friends with each other tonight. Would either of you object to being roommates?”

Ellisha blinked in surprise. Roommates?
She turned her head slightly and saw an equally amazed face plastered on Aril’s.
“I…” she began, “no, no I don’t object at all.” Her mind had been so caught up in the heat of the moment she had not given this part any thought at all.
“I mean,” she continued, “That is… If Aril is-”
“Yes, I agree to this as well.” The girl pipped up eagerly. The timidity and the hesitation were gone now from the red haired girl’s voice as she said it. Ellisha found herself smiling, though again, it might have come off more as a grimace due to her bruised cheekbones.

“Ummm… thank you, Aes Sedai.” Ellisha got up and bowed towards the woman in front of her. “Thank you.”

The Mistress of Novices gave her a dismissive gesture. “No need to thank me, Child. Now off to bed the both of you. I expect to see you here Ellisha, tomorrow, straight after breakfast.”

She nodded, and for once did not forget to curtsy as she walked out of the office, Aril following closely behind and closing the door. The girl practically skipped alongside her as the two of them walked back to the Novice quarters. Ellisha gave the girl a sideways look, and she quickly stopped, remembering Ellisha’s awkward hobble and injured leg.

“So… Roommates.”
Aril nodded. “Aye, roomies.”
Ellisha smiled.

~Ellisha Falwein