DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Approved White Tower Bio for Theodora Thorinden - CC'd by FL

WhiteWolf

Basic Information
Your Handle: Theodora
Full names of WT characters you already own and their status (active/retired/dead): First ever

Character Information
Name (first and last) of this character: Theodora Thorinden
State whether this is a Traditional or a Salidar character: Traditional
Age of this character * (Traditional = 14-19 / Salidar = 20-70) :17
(* Returning / Full AS character: age in main time line) -
Name of country where this character is from: Andor

Appearance
Hair: Reddish/Strawberry Blonde, flowing curls below the waste
Eyes: Big and bright green
Skin: Pale flawless complexion
Height: 5'7" or 173 cm
Voice: Sultry, more in the low register, speaks quietly to attract attention, unless she is interested in something and forgets to pretend
Other: A very beautiful creature – heart-shaped face and  plump lips, slender but not skinny with innate grace and charm

Optional
Special Skills: As a noble heiress received excellent education for a lady, knows how to achieve goals, using her beauty
Knowledge Weakness: Only theory, most of her lessons have never been put to practice, poor battle strategist
Physical Weakness: Has lived like a lady – can dance and ride but was never allowed to  think of running, swimming and is a horrible at almost every physical activity
Personality weakness: A spoilt typical girly-girl, who thinks the world revolves around her. When meeting more influential characters, she is really impressed and is trying extra hard to be liked. When she is hurt, she tends to get vindictive and hardly forgets if anything is not done her way.

Personality
Lady Theodora is a young clever beauty who is very conceited as she knows she would enchant an admirer with her female charm and grace and will marry into a richer house. She is looking forward to a careless life of privileges, ball gowns, gossips and handsome beaus. She is always looked after by an army of servants, teachers and governesses. Her parents never deny any whim of hers but as a single child and heir of the Thorinden fortune, the young lady has left her Estate only twice for 17 years. If she is to be intrigued by something, she could use all means to achieve it, including cheating and cruelty, as Theodora has a sharp and creative mind but her ego and life away from the real world has made her spoilt, inconsiderate, and completely unprepared for taking care of herself.

History

Lord Ivar Thorinden was a High Seat of a middle House in Andor. Marrying the beautiful sun-haired Lady Emilia brought him several good estates and chests full of gold and silver. The newly weds chose to live in the spacious newly built palace named after the small village Birch Lake whose landscape it dominated. For more than ten years the Thorindens tried to have an heir but the Light did not bless them with children. When all hope was gone, after the sixth dead babe Emilia gave birth to, the Creator sent them a present in the form of a healthy small daughter with curls like the red soil under Birch Lake palace and eyes like the grass that grew from the crimson earth.

Knowing they could not have more children, Ivar and Emilia made everything possible to give little Theodora their love, the best garments, nourishment, and an army of governesses, tutors and teachers, so she could be capable of running the family’s property and funds when the parents met the Creator. Everyone treated young Theodora like precious thin Sea Folk porcelain and at age 6 she was enjoying her reign of terror in the family palace with her whims. She owned more dresses that the Daughter Heir herself and liked making the four poor soldiers, who were always by her side, wear her mother’s clothes and dance in the gardens.

Theodora grew delicate and beautiful as only young and innocent maidens could and by her fourteenth name day she was already a pretty, highly-educated but cruel young lady who did not want to leave Birch Lake palace as everything she had ever wanted was brought up to her on a silver platter. She did not believe in neither the Creator, nor in the Dark One, as these were only figures of another world as distant as everything beyond the stone walls of Birth Lake. Her loving parents, so afraid they might hurt her in any way, did not show her right from wrong and in her small private universe Theodora was Ruler of All with the natural ability to administer punishments and indulge her favourites.

When the young heiress entered the ball room on her seventeenth name day in the snowy month of Jumara, she was not surprised to see all her relatives, friends and admirers, as well as a whole multitude of unfamiliar nobles, gathered at her feast to celebrate the most important thing in the world – herself. The girl would never forget how her golden dress sparkled, how everyone drunk to Lady Theodora’s health, or the way the young men glanced at her while she was swirling in a dance. She would always remember though the stare of two green eyes which made her feel she was tiny, insignificant and abandoned in her small clothes in the middle of the hall. The owner of the piercing look approached Theodora like a white swan gliding on the placid lake water. It was only after minutes that the girl understood the stranger resembled her father with the exception of the grey in her auburn hair and maybe a decade younger…or older when she thought of it. Light, she could not determine the age of this hawk-eyed hag, so…

“Good day, Lady Marga Aes Sedai,” the young lady fell gracefully into an impeccable curtsy, golden skirts spread around her like a rose flower “I have heard so much about you from father.”

The truth was Theodora had always bragged about the fact that she had an Aes Sedai relative but has never met the estranged older sister of Ivar. She was from the White Ajah and never a worldly woman, so even Ivar did not see her since she had received the Shawl. One was for sure, the girl had never felt so intimidated and scruffy in front of anyone, so she immediately resented the woman.

“My, my, she has grown into a heartbreaker this one, Ivar.” Marga replied lifting Theodora’s chin up for her to meet the girl’s identical pair of huge green eyes. “You should have visited me in Tar Valon a long time ago. We are one blood and she might have it too.”

The nobleman started protesting quietly but the Aes Sedai took his daughter under the arm and dragged her to a chair in the corner. She lifted the girl’s left hand, so Theodora could almost see her own distorted reflection in the huge gem of her ring. Marga told her to look into the stone, without thinking of anything with a voice that demanded immediate action. Was this witch implying she wore too many accessories?! Theodora met her own gaze in the yellow transparent stone while noises from the room faded away. Suddenly, a flash of light flickered in it. Was she going mad?

The next events went by as a nightmarish series of pleads from her parents and quiet unyielding voice of her aunt. The girl had to go to Tar Valon to learn to channel, it was a rare gift and a huge privilege. Slowly it dawned to Theodora: she was going to become an Aes Sedai. She was rich, a noble, an adored beauty, a heiress with a blood relation who was going to give her the title of Aes Sedai, and on top of it, she could bring mountains down with the One Power.

“Shut up, father. I am going to be an Aes Sedai.” Theodora got up, recovering her grace and smiled at her aunt ingratiatingly. “Please, Marga Aes Sedai, let us leave already.”

nice piece of work that one is. lol She reminds me of a character of my own that I have yet to bring out to play with.

two things of note:

1. Aes Sedai only develop grey hair after a long time, 140 to 160 years at least. No brother of her would still be alive by the time she would start to show grey in her hair.

2. Nobility. I am ok with this being a middle ranged noble family so long as it is clear that this family, or any of the characters played by it, can not be a contender to the Andoran Throne nor have any political influence that might change the main storyline's direction. Theodora is to be Aes Sedai, not Aes Sedai Queen or whatnot. Should a need arrise for more we can then look over and discuss the possibilities but it can not be done without explicit permission.

Provided these comments are taken in to account, you may consider this bio approved.

Hi Mystica Sedai,

1. I understand my mistake and I will be more careful.

2. The nobility factor was to make my char even more conceited. No plot related to Andoran Throne heritage will be developed. The Thorindens are very far away from the Throne or politics.

Thank you.