DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's For Dinner?

Wren of the Brown

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christmas Dinner! Which consisted of: Roast Duck (in peach white wine and apple juice), Torta Rustica, Green Beans (bacon/onion style), herbed mashed potatoes, and Bialys. 

And... Pink Stuff. (Supposedly it has another name, the people who gave my family the recipe did not know it. It's a mix of cream cheese, cool whip, and jellied cranberry sauce, sprinkled with chopped pecans). 

For dessert I tried something new: red and green velvet cake with butter-cream icing and a dark chocolate glaze. 

I'm moving in with you. Seriously.

Tonight's dinner was lemon pepper chicken, carrots and green beans with Kings Hawaiian Rolls. *smiles* Since the carrots and beans were canned, it probably wasn't a very awesome dinner, but it was the lowest calorie score of the day according to myfitnesspal! hehehe

Fondue. The cheese using a lager as the base with French bread and sliced apples and a copycat recipe of the Melting Pot's Coq Au Vin with steak, potatoes, brocolli, squash, lobster ravioli and stuffed mushrooms.

I even bought a red velvet cake for dessert. :-)

Happy New Year's Eve!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, we stopped by the store on the way home and after eating out for 3.5 days I wanted something good but quick so I made taco salad with lean ground turkey meat. It just hit the spot. It feels good to be home.

Archived