DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

TAINTED TIMES - SEPTEMBER 2013

Talya

happy_halloween_banner.jpg

TAINTED TIMES

SEPTEMBER 2013

If you haven't noticed, for most people here the weather has gotten a little colder (some it is warming up). But here is not so sunny England now, the leaves are turning and we have cold weather and winds on it's way. Can't complain too much, we have a had a dry hot Summer, even September was dry and warm. So this month, for some the clocks go back (an extra hour in bed is always appreciated), and at the end I have to put up with snotty kids coming round dressed up in Halloween costumes bought from Tesco's, (Other supermarkets are available), trying to get sweets from me. although I'm plotting on being out :biggrin: I know some take it seriously and enjoy the night,  so I hope you have a lovely time, whilst I sit in and not answer the door and eat all the sweeties, haha. 

Now down to the stuff I get paid for, although still waiting for the paycheck...*looks at Tina expectantly!*

New members: 3    :smile: Welcome to you all, and welcome back Neil (who can be found in my pocket)

Sherper

Izabella

The Dragon al´thor

Returning member: Neil an´Tyomn

Promotions: 0    :sad: Maybe I need to spend points and then make up a rank for myself to get promoted into, suggestions welcome....hmmm maybe not! 

Events/Active Threads:

Talya´s Stargate SG1 mafia is on Day 8. We don´t know how it will end but we know that Talya is an evil, evil mod. Well, that´s not new.    :laugh: I didn't write that bit, and it's an over exaggeration, I'm a kind loving Mod who isn't mean....hey who am I kidding, I like the power.... >.>

Panchi´s Guess the BTer is finally over. With so many contestants it took some time. Tina was the lucky winner, closely followed by Cindy and Nikon. I say it was a fix, Tina wins way too much, she doesn't threaten us, much, honest!

We did some new silly stories, this time with Harry Potter theme. This will teach me to get too involved in a mafia game, I missed this. See you need to pay atttention to what is going on, otherwise you miss some great stuff. 

The asha´man challenge was a wikipedia search. 

Tremendous TMD has been working on an easier version of Dore Mordeo. It´s another way to fight with the OP. It has been rather complicated before so people have mostly fought in Dore Saidin. TMD and Tina have made two test matches and it seems like he has done a good job as always. TMD always does a good job, and if you want to learn, then let them know, they are sure to help. Maybe a competition in the future...

Surprisingly we had some spam threads.  Some of the more popular were Nya´s Missy´s Marvellous Music, al´thor´s Black Tower Need Halp Quick and Smiley´s So how´s everybody doing?

We also have a celebration thread in the village for those that have signed in the BT each month for the last year or so...amazing (that or they don't have a life :wink:). Seriously thought, great thanks to you all for making this place a great place and all the hard work you put into making it great. Celebration Thread

Ongoing Activities

100,000 Thread:  We have now reached 200,000 threads, so it has evolved again into the 300,000 thread.  As I write this we have 200,445  posts!

The 100 Questions seems to have slowed down a bit, probably thousands of questions have been asked, people I think are running out of them. So maybe this is just a wee break, whilst we gather more questions. 

Looking ahead

So what have we got going on this month, I want waffle on more, lets take a peek:

The new and improved Shockwave competition will replace the monthly discussion on the main board. Great way to earn points and great fun, which ever way you join in. I believe Almighty Locke will be the compare for this. 

The Asha´man challenge is a brain exercise with matches. Please don't let children use then unsupervised, which is a bit hard as we are all a little bit like children, luckily Tina is there to watch over us. 

Now something to start warming up your fingers for:

Between 21st and 13st of October it will be:

TAINTED DAYS IN THE BLACK TOWER

A whole 10 days of activities:

Tainted Mafia - so for a few days there maybe no mafia, but now you can warm yourself up for this delight, modded by Tina and TMD (what a team!)

How tainted are you? - find out with Panchi

OP tournament

Prisoners of the Fort - Now this sound interesting...*talks to her pocket* No, Neil you are not a prisoner, you just can't go out for now....

Tainted News - Guess who is doing this, yep, you very own top journalist (won many awards) of the BT, me! 

Any more would overwhelm you, so best you come along and join in, I'm sure there will be points up for the grabbing.

And yet again, no one has given me any stories, jokes, pictures, so I will make some up for you.

Halloween is the theme so here goes:

A little history for you:

We can trace Halloween back to Celtic festivals which celebrated the new year on the 1st of November (not 1st of January).  One thread that runs through all Halloween legends is the belief that the night of October 31st was the time when ghosts of the dead returned to earth.  The ancients name for this festival Samhain and its role was to mark the boundary between the old year and new. 

With the spread of Christianity, the Church emphasised All Saints day on the 1st of November.  This date was also known as All Hallows and gradually, the name for the night before All Hallows changed to hallow's eve, then hallow e'en and finally Halloween

Q. Why didn't Dracula have any friends?

A. He was a pain in the neck! 

Q. Why didn’t the skeleton cross the road?

A. He didn’t have any guts!

How about a few costume ideas?

baby-costumes-for-halloween--16.jpg

Anyone else find this a little scary, I'm sure the kid prefers Teletubbies to Alien!

The next made me laugh...

3headed.jpg

And lastly a new take on the bunny boiler thing!

Baby-Halloween_600x900.jpg

SO NEXT MONTH'S THEME:

THANKSGIVING - IF YOU HAVE ANY INPUT YOU WOULD LIKE TO PUT IN HERE, THEN PM ME...POINTS AVAILABLE!

That's all folks....

i meant evil in the nicest way possible :blush:

i'm in love with teh shadow and my boyfriend is one of the Chosen.

so... evil, evil is good, good.

ayup.

:smile:

Boyfriend? A lot has happened since we last talked to one another more than just a few words.

i meant evil in the nicest way possible :blush:

i'm in love with teh shadow and my boyfriend is one of the Chosen.

so... evil, evil is good, good.

ayup.

:smile:

Boyfriend? A lot has happened since we last talked to one another more than just a few words.

Yes, a great deal has happened. *nods nods*

Archived