DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Role Playing Group (Outside of DM)

Sherper

I think one of the major downsides to our current RP section is the lack of 'structure'.

I know what this sounds like, How can we not have structure? We've written whole boards on rules etc..

What I mean is there needs to be more consistency and explanation for each new Role Play. When I first saw the role playing sections, I was kind of lost and I found I tended to read RPs that have OCC introductions to what will be happening instead of being thrown right down the deep end.

I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this kind of problem. Role plays are only enjoyable to read once you 'get in to it' and I think the lack of out of community interest, has caused a major declines in fresh writers from participating.

Believe me when I say that a lot of what you said really does have some credence to it. There is a lot of stuff that myself and the staff are doing to attempt to fix the problems, and its taking longer than we want it to.

The structure will come in time, hopefully sooner than later, but yeah.

And while OOC instruction in threads is nice, I tend to not use them, they take away from the immersion in my eyes.

Believe me when I say that a lot of what you said really does have some credence to it. There is a lot of stuff that myself and the staff are doing to attempt to fix the problems, and its taking longer than we want it to.

The structure will come in time, hopefully sooner than later, but yeah.

And while OOC instruction in threads is nice, I tend to not use them, they take away from the immersion in my eyes.

I agree with the OOC instructions in threads. Its easy to sort things out over PMs and not have that break in character in the actual RP.

• 1 month later...

I've had good results with a "Story so far..." OOC post at the top of each RP thread (though I've yet to use it at DM). Makes for a useful hook for new players (if a particular RP is open to new players). Also helps with getting an audience for an RP (if an audience is wanted).