DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A little help with research and some questions relating to RP

Sherper

I’m going to fire a bunch of questions which may or may not be partly related to a story plot I have going in my head. They may appear completely random and unrelated, but I’m a sucker for background details.

1. Serenia Latar, was the Amyrlin that was killed and hung by the Children of the Light. But are there any further details to what actually happened that led to her death?

2.Around 300NE, what was the darkfriend ratio amongst organisations such as The White Tower as well as The Children of the Light?

3.What was the approximate number of Children of The light in 300NE?
4.Has anyone tried to lead a Rebellion/ Coup in Amadicia?

5.Who was the lord Captain commander around 300NE?

6.Hypothetically, could the illuminators have invented guns? (What I mean is stuff like the unreliable matchlocks of early 16th century Europe, seeing as a lot of the faction’s cultures seem to be based off their real life counterparts.)

7.Are Aes Sedai distrust already around in 300NE compared to the books? If Yes, to what extent?

8.How long exactly, is the longest continuous story arc ever achieved in DM RP?

This really is just planning and researching. Hell, I haven’t even got my Bio approved yet! But it’d be nice if some of these questions could be answered.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sherper

Also, for number 6 that would be a rather large no. Firearms have not been invented, and likely will not be.

Edit: Also, we are in about 1,000 NE, as the timeline I have goes up to November of that year with the major events being the bonding of the Aes Sedia and the Black coats, as well as the bowl of winds.

We also have no information on the time around 300NE in our timeline, and our timeline is separate from the book series (It was one of the conditions for the world existing), and thus a lot of what you are asking is a little hard to answer due to the fact we cannot go off of the books for more than simple guidelines.

For questions reguarding the WT, I'd keep talking to Kathleen.

As for the Children, well so far as I can tell we have not had a rebellion in their area, and as we do not have a RP leader for them at the moment I will have to defer to/ask my boss about this, but until then just assume no rebellions.

The Darkfriend Ratio might be able to be discussed though, if you adjust your years a little, with the CotS RGL, who is Liitha.

Other than that I cannot answer your questions, though if you have any more I would be happy to help as I am the Assistant RP Admin here on Dragonmount :3

For questions reguarding the WT, I'd keep talking to Kathleen.

Kat just lost internet for a week so i'm here to help. :) In the WT we only have one active Black Sister, she's played by Kat, well actually two as Kat plays the BA head as well. If everyone came back from LOA we'd have four Black Sisters. Liitha.plays a black sister so if you needed a sister and some darkfriends she could probably help you with that all in one go. :)

7.Are Aes Sedai distrust already around in 300NE compared to the books? If Yes, to what extent?

That kind of depends on where you are in the world, or what nation you come from. Any of the borderlands and they all trust and respect the AS, well maybe trust is a bit much but respect is certainly there. If you go anywhere else there is distrust of the sisters, or downright hatred as in anywhere the Children are strong. So I guess it just depends.

Best I can offer at this time is the discription in the "Roleplay in the PSW: A Step by Step guide" which is as follows:

What is the Dragon Reborn Portal Stone World?

Our Portal Stone World is very similar to the world of the books written by Robert Jordan. It allows role plays to take place in a time where the Dragon Reborn is discovering himself and preparing the world for The Last Battle. However, it is not identical. Events have transpired rather differently (or have not even happened at all), main characters in the books do not exist and if they do, it's in an altered form. Think of our world as an alternative reality, another possibility... a "might have been".

Any concept in the books is yours to explore. Want to become an Aiel Wise One or a warrior of a mighty society? Or join the Band of the Red Hand and roll the die? Do you desire to have the power of Saidar or tainted Saidin at your finger tips? Your path might lead you to the White Tower or the Black Tower. Protect and serve as a Bonded Warded of the mysterious Aes Sedai.

Sail the seas in a Sea Folk vessel or set a long handle on your axe and explore the world outside the Ogier Stedding. Maybe you long for some Seanchan exotics. Will you be a holder of the leash or the leashed one? Or command the Hailene as one of the Blood? The Great Game in the courts of the Westland is yours to master as are the roads as a traveling Freelander, such as Peddler or a Gleeman.

Root out evil from the land in the shiny white armour of the Children of the Light. Or become a one that they hunt, a darkfriend with sinister plots. Roam with the wolves in the wilderness and the Dreamworld and become one of their kin.

Other than that, unfortunately, we are still working on a more comprehensive description for the Timeline, as well as a more centralized timeline to give to the community.

That is, for the time being, the best I can give you in regards to the timeline.