DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Song of Fire & Ice Book Discussion Thread (Up To Dance With Dragons)

Guest Karana Majin

awesome Wert!! i understand what you mena baout the differences from book to screen. i hadn't known that bit about Renly & Loras trying to get Robert to divorce Cersi though :blink: this si the first i've heard of it, but again i only read the books nad rearly go looking for a lexicon or author interviews to find out stuff not mentioned in the books. not to mention my memory can sometimes be as bad as Mats before he visited the Snakes in rhuidean :laugh:

i don't have time to read those analysis's yet, but i'll check them out when i do Wert!!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a major cock-up, Amazon Germany shipped out several dozen copies of the book to fans early. As a result, major spoilers for ADWD are now floating around the Internet. If you're a spoilerphobe, I'd be careful about reading any ASoIaF threads on other forums from hereon out in case spoilers start appearing.

If anyone here does have one of those copies, kindly do not post the spoilers here until AFTER ADWD is in general release. I know what it's like when you've just read or watched something amazing and need to share it, but this is not an appropriate venue for that conversation. I'd imagine that sites like Westeros.org will have designated spoiler threads for you, just like we do when a new WoT book is released. Thanks.

thanks for the heads up Wert!

i think i'm probably gonna post a spoiler thread dedicated to DwD. sicne a few books got released early *snaps fingers cause she wasn't one* and i don't mind being spoiled honeslty ... i think i'll go ahead and make the thread.

No, I don't think we need to go that far. It was only 180 copies that got released early. And I doubt any who gets a ASOIAF book early immediately thinks to go post about it on a WoT site.

I think it might be smart to start a separate ADwD spoiler thread since soon enough people will be getting the book, but not everyone will read it at the same time, or same pace. Having another thread allows us to discuss just that book there.

I've already read plenty of spoilers online myself. Can't wait to get the book.

yeah, i was gonna make a seperate thread for DwD when it was offically released anyways. for me, it'll be easier to mod an entire thread where it's open discussion rather than making sure everyone who posts about DwD in this thread has the spoiler tag.

i'll wait to post the new thread until someone comes in here saying they've got the book or for when the release date comes. when i heard it was Amazon that did that, i was thinking it was more like 1000 or so copies, not just 180.

how big of a fine do you think Amazon will get over this :laugh: when we tried to get B&N to give us Towers of Midnight a few days early (cause they had them in the back already) the manager told us they could actually lose the right to sell that series if they released any before the release date. i can't see them doing that for Amazon considering how many peopel order off the net, but still it is a breach of contract.

i think a PoV & Character list have already been posted.

i think actual plot points should be posted in the spoiler tags though. if its just you guessing on what those plot points are then it doesn't have to be tagged.

i think a PoV & Character list have already been posted.

No, no, no. A partial PoV list has been posted earlier, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the actual names of all 73 chapters with their corresponding PoV's including the two we didn't know before.

i think i remember last yeat the chapter list for MoL was in the spoiler board, so i'm gonna say go ahead and use the tags in this thread for it. when i post the DwD's spoiler thread sometime after the Socail Fair, you can post it there without the tags if you want.

Alright. Well, for anyone who's interested here's the chapters of ADWD. There are spoilers in the titles and PoV's.

Seriously, there are spoilers here, last chance to turn back

1. Prologue (Varamyr Sixskins 1)

2. Tyrion 1

3. Daenerys 1

4. Jon 1

5. Bran 1

6. Tyrion 2

7. The Merchant's Man 1 (Quentyn Martell 1)

8. Jon 2

9. Tyrion 3

10. Davos 1

11. Jon 3

12. Daenerys 2

13. Reek 1 (Theon Greyjoy 1)

14. Bran 2

15. Tyrion 4

16. Davos 2

17. Daenerys 3

18. Jon 4

19. Tyrion 5

20. Davos 3

21. Reek 2 (Theon Greyjoy 2)

22. Jon 5

23. Tyrion 6

24. Daenerys 4

25. The Lost Lord (Lord Jon Connington 1)

26. The Windblown (Quentyn Martell 2)

27. The Wayward Bride (Asha Greyjoy 1)

28. Tyrion 7

29. Jon 6

30. Davos 4

31. Daenerys 5

32. Melisandre

33. Reek 3 (Theon Greyjoy 3)

34. Tyrion 8

35. Bran 3

36. Jon 7

37. Daenerys 6

38. The Prince of Winterfell (Theon Greyjoy 4)

39. The Watcher (Areo Hotah 1)

40. Jon 8

41. Tyrion 9

42. The Turncloak (Theon Greyjoy 5)

43. The King's Prize (Asha Greyjoy 2)

44. Daenerys 7

45. Jon 9

46. The Blind Girl (Arya 1)

47. A Ghost In Winterfell (Theon Greyjoy 6)

48. Tyrion 10

49. Jaime

50. Jon 10

51. Daenerys 8

52. Theon 7

53. Daenerys 9

54. Jon 11

55. Cersei 1

56. The Queensguard (Barristan Selmy 1)

57. The Iron Suitor (Victarion Greyjoy 1)

58. Tyrion 11

59. Jon 12

60. The Discarded Knight (Barristan Selmy 2)

61. The Spurned Suitor(Quentyn Martell 3)

62. The Griffin Reborn (Lord Jon Connington 2)

63. The Sacrifice (Asha Greyjoy 3)

64. Victarion 2

65. The Ugly Little Girl (Arya 2)

66. Cersei 2

67. Tyrion 12

68. The Kingbreaker (Barristan Selmy 3)

69. The Dragontamer (Quentyn Martell 4)

70. Jon 13

71. The Queen's Hand (Barristan Selmy 4)

72. Daenerys 10

73. Epilogue (Kevan Lannister 1)

Varamyr Sixskins 1

Tyrion Lannister 12

Daenerys Targaryen 10

Jon Snow 13

Bran Stark 3

Quentyn Martell 4

Davos Seaworth 4

Theon Greyjoy 7

Lord Jon Connington 2

Asha Greyjoy 3

Melisandre 1

Areo Hotah 1

Arya Stark 2

Jamie Lannister 1

Cersei Lannister 2

Barristan Selmy 4

Victorian Greyjoy 2

Kevan Lannister 1

Jaime Lannister killing Asmodean is intuitively obvious to the most casual of observers.

that sucks Elend.

Yeah. I PMed a mod or two and it vanished a couple minutes later. A part of me hopes that it's not true so I'm surprised, but another part of me really hopes it's true because it's pretty epic if true.

If Jaime Lannister was from Randland, what country would he be from? I am thinking Cairhienin since he would be aloof enough and play the Game of Houses really well. Although, I can't say I would see him shaving his forehead.... :mellow:

as much as i love Jamie, i'd have to give that battle to Rand. afterall, you don't need hands to channel :laugh:

glad they like the tweet Jen :happy: and i have to agree that he'd likely be from Andor with the light hair. his family seems to gravitate towards power, so i coudl also see maybe Amadicia or Tar Valon.

Oh man I waited 11 years for THAT!!! So angry and I dont think i'll be alone.

I'm not sure how to use the spoiler tags so I cant say what happened

I may sound like a little girl but enough is enough

Goodbye Mr Martin. I'm not waiting another 5 years to find out if it really happened

and to get angry and depressed again.

I mean I've heard of bittersweet stories but for farks sake!!!

i'm sure i'll be fine in a few weeks :) but will stick to nicer stories from now on

Archived