DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Falling Skies-Season 3

John E. Kelley

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he walks all the way back. There are probably plenty of abandoned vehicles... Or maybe the rebel skidders give him a lift or maybe the film find him... Lots of other ways he can get back to charleston other than walking.

even then Soy,  its 12 - 16 hours going down i95 to get from Boston to Charleston, and this is discounting the fact that he has to be wary of skidder patrols, mechs, fish head flying suacers looking for him, human bandits after his supplies. 

not to mention having to take alternate routes due to highways being blocked, and having to go through/near 5-6 major metropoliton citys  (New York, Baltimore, DC, Richmond, Mertle Beach, and Boston).

realistically, it should take Tom about a week or two to make it back traveling by car or horse.  given karen has already enacted the net thingy, and Tom is back next episode, i doubt the show lets a week lapse between episodes time line wise.

i mean, it took cochise 2 episodes to make it back with the president, and it took pope & tom 1 episode to make it back after the plane crash.  this show lacks a good handle of realism when it comes to travel and length of time.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed.  it feels lilke all they've dones this season is run in place.   they introduce the new aliens and kill them off before developing them, the mole stuff was lack luster, they intro the old president just to kill him off.  htey intro a new baby alien hybrid, just to kill it off  (tho i suspect that story line isn't done, tho i think the mom is)

now the typical twist of "omg our new allies are also our enemies"  seems to be comming in as well.

this show started off good, but is starting to go downhill fast imo.

watched it and i'm still meh abotu the direction the show is going.

i'm glad their back on the road, i'm glad Karen is dead, i'm not surprised about the twist with the Bubbleheads and i'm sure that there will be an even worse twist comming up with them.  though Kocheese is still good in my book.

Ann and the baby showing back up didn't surprise me, and i'm now even more sure that the baby is the new Overlord.  Ann has also been brainwashed, before now she was all angsty about the baby, now shes got nothign but adoring affection for the child.

predictions for next season.  the child will be revealed as the new overlord, Ann and her will try to kill tom and the resistance after they fail to get Tom and Co to work with the fishheads.

the Fishheads will turn tail and run, and the Bubbleheads will demand to be given part of the earth as a home base in payment for their help.  to which Tom & Co will tell them to GTFO and the war will continue with Tom & Co fighting the Bubble heads, with Cocheese torn between his admiration for humans and his loyalty to his race; and will end with Cocheese fidning out that his father is a tyrant lunatic bent on revenge and universe domination for the greater good of the bubblehead species and Cocheese will be forced to kill his dad and then all will be good and the Fishheads will leave with many apologies to Tom & Co for he betrayal.

the end.

I never really liked having Karen as the overlord in the first place. Having her working with the skitters willingly was one thing, but I found it ridiculous that they would turn over command of their whole operation to a member of the race they're conquering. Even with controlling humans, I don't see how they would be willing to go there. It would have been way more believable for them to choose one of their own kind. It's kind of like Hitler dying and the Nazis naming Petain or Quisling as the new Fuhrer. I suspect the writers wanted a villain they could have interacting in person with the good guys, part to cut down on CGI costs and part because it would be easier for viewers to deal with a human character.

And making the baby the new overlord would just be plagiarized from the Adria storyline in Stargate.

Karen really wasn't Karen anymore. The thing that had been on her back had taken over (it had sunken underneath her skin), so she wasn't working willingly with the skidders, the thing had taken over and basically reprogrammed her.

yeah, she wa basically the mouth piece of the 1st overlord, and probably had part of his "essessince" still controlling her after his death.

infact, even when the original overlord was alive, she made statements like "we" and "us" implying that there was more than one overlord talking through her at a time and that she had assimilated into their species.

karen is the equivalent of the christian priest that got taken as a slave in the "Vikings" mini series on the History Channel.  the only difference being, Karen no longer had her own identity and enjoyed watching the human race be decimated by her trechery.

and imo, when the original over lord died, karen took his essence and putit in the baby, hence the alien hybrid thing that happened to her (her name is Lacey right?)

Archived