DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Month of the Greats - Ithi & Rhea's Excellent Adventure

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so no.

*Ithi nudged everyone awake and encouraged them to get their sleepy selves out of the plane and moving towards the Gardens. Once there they found the statue*

*click*

DSC00699.jpg

The screen went dark and the following words appeared

Emmeline Pankhurst was a Bearer of Excalibur

Then dark again before the next clue appeared

Journey's end. Eyes wide standing atop the City. Raised to bring justice to the land. Forever more shall I Defend the Children of the Poor & Punish the Wrongdoer.

We are very close indeed.

I'm off to London soon. I'm going to see Wicked in the West End and also be a tourist.

*The bus drives past Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament*

houses_parliament.jpg

Big Ben is actually the giant bell in the Clock Tower. And it's not all that old either. There were some fires and stuff and the old Palace was destroyed. Work on this latest building actually started in 1840.

(I'm just waiting for Rhea to confirm ...)

Yes it is. And here is a nice juxtaposition of the old and new. The White Tower ...

DSC00360_zpsfc9be29b.jpg

Which is the central keep in the centre of the Tower of London. Originally built by William the Conquerer in the 11th Century and place of great sorrow for those who were imprisoned there. Some never left its walls.

And nearby, a more modern building rises up, which we affectionally call ... The Gherkin.

*Totally acting like a Tour Guide*

I'm going to see a show at night.

Musical.jpg

Here we are in the West End ... which is our version of Broadway. Oh look ... it's Wicked - which is the show I am going to see. A Bus Tour is fun :) or maybe a Boat Tour.

And I think we are almost at the Old Bailey.

Archived