DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I bring tidings of the Light from East Africa

Guest Adara

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie from East Africa. I found the site last night while looking for some character art and Mashiara Sedai unwittingly made me join after giving me a minor (possibly major?) heart attack. Anyway that's solved and I'm now trying to learn my way around the site.

Here's a little info about me. I love writing and I love WoT, and I am currently studying for my degree at a university in Nairobi. I'm a bit reserved and I spend way too much time online enjoying meta-drama among other silly things (memes). I should probably go out and make some friends or something, or whatever it is people my age do. I'm 22 by the way, in case anyone was wondering.

I am now on my fifth re-reading of the series (I'm on TGH) and I have yet to read a fantasy series that has managed to captivate me so much over such a long period of time. I am eternally grateful to an aunt of mine who introduced me to the series when I was 15. I have spent hours imagining myself in every characters role and I often daydream about the world Robert Jordan has so masterfully crafted. I have yet to get my copy of aMoL, but it's on its way.

Anyway that's it. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and I look forward to knowing you all some more. I am especially happy to join this site because I don't know anyone from my area who reads the books, and all of my attempts to push the series on my friends have so far failed. I would love recommendations for guilds (writing ones in particular) and what not.

Much love,

Adara.

Hurray for Africa! :biggrin:

Welcome to Dragonmount! Most people here are pretty awesome, so I'm sure you'll love it around here. If you're into writing, then you could give the Writers Guild a try. You'll find a link to it on the main forum board :biggrin: Artists, Crafters and Writers' Guild! Or maybe you could give role-playing a try, everyone around there is pretty helpful and such.

I used to have the same problem as you, with no one around me having read the books, but there's a surprising amount of people that have :biggrin: Or so I've found at least.

If you have any questions or just feel like chatting, feel free to PM me :biggrin:

Adara,

Welcome! I am from California and have a son your age. Here, you will find people who are just as captivated by the WoT as you are. Look around and we will be here to answer any questions you might have.

Archived