DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chapter Titles (Chapter Titles Are the Only Spoilers Allowed)

Luckers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I was expecting the last battle chapter much nearer to the end. What big things are left for after the battle to fill up the remainder of the book (as suggested by chapter titles)? I guess my thought is that anything after the last battle will seem anticlimactic...

Well, I don't know if I should be on this board, I'm staunchly avoiding every other thread because I don't want spoilers...but since I figure I would read the chapter title list right away when I got the book, this didn't qualify as a real spoiler thread... it's not feeding a terrible addiction, no not at all, I can stop any time...! *coughs* so anyways....

18 To Feel Wasted

Too much Oosquai?!?! Or...the Aiel Waste! Either way, seems a really odd title to me.

1. Wasted as in drunk -- too colloquial

2. Wasted as in Aiel waste -- to punny

3. Wasted as in drained / exhausted -- odd, but ok.

4. Wasted as in unused / overlooked -- probably the best

An overuse of one power?

I think of mat, but that's probably just the alcoholic version of the word popping into my head...

Unused... Maybe, the kin? The seafolk?

Since apparently the thread entitled 'This Is Not A Demand a Spoiler board' that you were all required to read was in someway unclear I will reiterate--you don't have any rights to be given spoilers and anyone who grows too insistant, or who chucks a hissy fit over not being given what they want, will simply be banned until after the release.

Either way, I wouldn't discuss it in this thread, since Luckers specified this thread was only for chapter titles. Perhaps he'd be willing to make a new one for the memories. I made notes on the Memories during my read; I doubt any of the other early readers did, though I'm sure they could tell you what at least a few of them were. If you find this Easter egg, though, all you'll get is page numbers. :)

There is already a thread for the memories.

I'd guess most likely 'Into Thankan'dar' is a Darkfriend POV just based on how soon it occurs in the book. Since we've already seen Isam in Thankan'dar, that makes it more likely it is one of the Forsaken. Unless of course there is some possibly amicable meeting between forces prior to TG. Somehow that seems doubtful.

What the what, people? Apparently, "At the Edge of Time" (Chapter 23 above) is also the name of an album put out by the German power metal band Blind Guardian two years ago. And--here's the kicker--the tenth track on their album is called "Wheel of Time" (and another is based on WOT)

What. is. going. on. here. ???

[OK. Just looked at their wikipedia page. Apparently, a lot of their tracks were based on Robert Jordan's stuff as well as on other fantasy writers. I guess, a tribute to them in form of chapter name? Live and learn...]

"Into Thankan'dar" is clearly an arming up scene. A bunch of Trollocs and Myrddrall strapping on and gearing up. Like the A-Team.

"Field of Glass" an aftermath scene, someone got glassed, in a field.

"Too Many Men" ummm . . . well . . . maybe there will be more balance by the end of the chapter.

"Tendrils of Mist" Fain right. Even if it isn't it should be.

Guest Cato the Younger

Terez--will you be posting the rest of the POVs?  I would be interested to see them if you are.  It would be a good way to get some info that won't be TOO spolier-ish

Archived