DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chapter Titles (Chapter Titles Are the Only Spoilers Allowed)

Luckers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the longest chapter would be titled Tarmon Gai'don, rather than The Last Battle. Anyway, it was my favorite chapter from any of the books

I also found that if you were simply to look at the chapter titles by themselves, you could easily go far afield trying to infer what actually happens in the chapter. I found this to be true much more in this book than in previous ones, though I know there are instances where chapter titles in past books have been very obscure.

I don't know... it seems to me, if you have a chapter about the wonders of ketchup, for instance, you might call it something like "A Tasty Condiment" or "Sugared Tomato Puree." The AMoL equivalent title for a chapter on ketchup would be "Red Glucose" or "A Burger's Blood," which seem to me to be particularly vague. Oh well, just an observation. :D

I thought the longest chapter would be titled Tarmon Gai'don, rather than The Last Battle. Anyway, it was my favorite chapter from any of the books

Luckers and I both had the same thought. I'm not sure why they went for the plainer option. Less epic.

Also, this topic is an Easter egg, for resourceful fans.

I think Terez is trying to hint that, somehow, the titles of the chapters have already been posted in this topic but are hidden from normal view, and we have to do something special to reveal them. I've tried to find them using my rudimentary Easter Egg-finding skills, but have come up short so far.

Or maybe I am completely wrong. Am I on the right track here, Terez?

Perhaps you're right. Maybe the Easter Egg doesn't lead to all of the chapter titles, just one. On the other hand, maybe Terez's "parallel" reference means that the chapter titles aren't explicitly posted in this topic, but that somehow there is some kind of way to figure out all the titles from the information in this forum, or is there some kind of link to the chapters somehow. What a fun mystery!

It is indeed all about being resourceful.  Though be warned; more than titles await.

I tried to be cautious on that front, though. :wink: Also, I have to wonder if you're an alt-account; it's not something I expected a 2-poster to find...

I'll also say I was doing really well at not hating those of you who had gotten the book early until seeing the chapter list.  Some are pretty vague (though unfortunately Team Jordan missed a trick with none relating to burgers) then there's ones like chapter 20 that really bring the whole "holy crap it's really happening" home.  So I hate you now, sorry.

I'll also say I was doing really well at not hating those of you who had gotten the book early until seeing the chapter list.  Some are pretty vague (though unfortunately Team Jordan missed a trick with none relating to burgers) then there's ones like chapter 20 that really bring the whole "holy crap it's really happening" home.  So I hate you now, sorry.

Archived