DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Explaining Aviendha's visions of the future

Ellagon

Been a while since i read Aviendha's ToM chapters so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Basically, I know I for one wondered why the Raven Empire so fervently pursued the Aiel all the way into the waste, and seemed to be intent on not just subjugating them, but committing genocide. This theory just popped into my head just now. It is, Mat and Tuon adopt Olver, he becomes the Empire's heir, Mat and Tuon pass away for whatever causes and THEN Olver comes to power, declares war on the Aiel and wants to wipe them out since he hates them all. 

Boom.

yea didn't the romans destroy them entirely? raze the city and spread the citizens over the entire empire?

from wiki

"resulted in the complete destruction of the city of Carthage, the annexation of all remaining Carthaginian territory by Rome, and the death or enslavement of the entire Carthaginian population."

Im pretty sure your right that Carthage was totally destroyed but it was after the conclusion of three separate wars, I believe they were were called the Punic wars. 

I think the reason that the Raven Empire decided to completely annihilate the Aiel was because the Aiel would not stop fighting when demanded to surrender so the Ravens decided to kill the Aiel off, sounds like something the Seanchan would do. 

Also, im not so sure about Olver becoming the next emperor and I don't think he would kill off the Aiel if he did become the emperor. At the end of ToM Olver seems to only be focused on killing the Shaido that killed his father. I think that that by ToM he can differentiate between Rand's Aiel and the Shaido.

Carthage was destroyed because they won once against Rome

people who lost battles against Rome, never had to be fought again. Kind of like Liandrin and Moggie.

After losing that last war they did not do what the romans expected and open the city to them. They instead holed up in the city and the romans had to bleed for every house gained when they eventually broke into the city.

Archived